Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

Baby Proof,’ by Emily Giffin. It’s about a young couple who both agree not to have children until someone changes their minds.”

The American,’ by Henry James. It’s about a self-made man from America who travels to Europe to take in as much culture as he can, but he ends up falling in love and has to charm her traditional family into letting them marry.”

A Midsummer Night’s Dream,’ by William Shakespeare. I’ve read it quite a few times. It’s a story my father read to me as a child, because it’s kind of like a fairy tale.”

“I just read ‘On The Wings of Heroes,’ by Richard Peck. It’s about a boy and his family struggling through World War II while his brother is flying missions from England. It’s kind of funny and heartwrenching all at the same time.”

Comments

Danielle Brunin 8 years ago

I'm definitely getting that impression. The 60 pages that I have read could be summed up in about two. I will persevere and I will get through it, even if it kills me, which it may very well do...

bearded_gnome 8 years ago

what a great selection of books!

finally finished "teller of tales" biography of sr. arthur conan-doyle.
now reading "the wake of the perdido star" pirate story 1805 by gene hackman (the actor) and lenihan. pretty good so far. some of the dialogue seems inauthentic for 1805 speakers and more fitting for people today. action and sea good though.

Danielle Brunin 8 years ago

I just started reading Moby Dick this past week. It certainly is, er, descriptive. However, I'm determined to stick it out because I'm only to Chapter 8. I'm certain it will get better, right?

ms_canada 8 years ago

Have come back to P. D. James after quite a while away. I am reading her 2005 Adam Dalgliesh mystery The Lighthouse and it is starting out very well.

erod0723 8 years ago

Moby Dick never gets better. It may be a classic, but it is the most boring book ever written.

nklminster 8 years ago

I hated Moby Dick. Read it for school. My husband loves it, categorizes it as one of his favorite books. I guess it's just a matter of opinion. It is, after all, a classic.

I'm reading "When the Emperor was Divine" by Julie Otsuka about a family placed in a Japanese internment camp in the US during World War 2. So far it's interesting.