Previous   Next

Have you ever been part of a carpool?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 14, 2007

Browse the archives

“No. I try to avoid driving. I bike and walk a lot. I’ve lived and worked downtown for the last 10 years. And I work alone, so there’s no one to carpool with.”

“Sure. I’ve done it for conferences and training, but it wasn’t on a regular basis.”

“Yeah. When I was in Boy Scouts when I was 13 we used to carpool to the meetings. The only thing I remember is that the guy’s name was Tom, Carpool Tom, and he drank a lot of Mountain Dew.”

“No. I’ve never had the opportunity really. Nobody ever lived close enough or we were on different schedules.”

Comments

sunflower_sue 6 years, 10 months ago

Oh goodie! On another chat, there is a "sunflowersue2" that posted. Does this mean that I get to officially change my name to "the original sunflower sue?" (I've secretly always wanted to be known as "TOSS."

Napoleon_Dynomite 6 years, 10 months ago

There are pools for cars? Sweeeeeet

packrat 6 years, 10 months ago

I agree with bc. I hate my long commute,

thebcman 6 years, 10 months ago

It would be easier if Douglas County and Johnson County would get together and build a light-rail system parallel to K-10. Have stops at the East Hills Business Park, Eudora, De Soto, K-7, then merge with the JoCo bus system.

Ceallach 6 years, 10 months ago

Sheesh, I've been working close to 8 hours a day lately. If people do not quit bringing me so much work to do I'm going to have to find another job!!

Ceallach 6 years, 10 months ago

Sue, my experience was similar to yours -- I was driving bored :)

samsnewplace 6 years, 10 months ago

It is very difficult to have two or more people on the exact same schedule and not have to wait on someone or someone get to be an annoyance, other than family, I like to drive alone.

mom_of_three 6 years, 10 months ago

hubby tried to carpool to kc a few times, but he didn't always work the same schedules as the other people.
We try to carpool when the kids go to practices in Kc.

dminear60 6 years, 10 months ago

Hey Hudsucker...stop stinking up the car pool.

Jaminrawk 6 years, 10 months ago

I have car pooled, but I think that I would much rather ride in a car with a pool or a jacuzzi like the one Motley Crue had in the "Girls, Girls, Girls" video.

madmike 6 years, 10 months ago

I used to carpool in Seattle. It was difficult, because in my job, I often had to work late. I then tried using the mass transit train from Tacoma to Seattle, what a nightmare. First, you have to pay to use the parn and ride, then the train was always late. Once you got into Seattle, you had to take two buses. One of those buses was in the "free zone", or what we called the "freak zone". Since it was free, all of the bums, dopers and other morons were on it sleeping, puking, or worse.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 10 months ago

Yeah, back in third grade. But for some reason, they never let me take my turn driving.

bobberboy 6 years, 10 months ago

Nope, my car isn't big enough for a pool.

staff04 6 years, 10 months ago

Yup. Usually with about 600,000 other people...

I hate it when Hudsucker is on the same car as me.

TheEleventhStephanie 6 years, 10 months ago

My husband carpools every day to KC (cuz, ahem, there are no jobs here) and he doesn't mind. Saves a ton of money!

Kat Christian 6 years, 10 months ago

Yes and I hated it and will never do it again.

Linda Endicott 6 years, 10 months ago

Not for work...none of us have the same hours on the same days.

But for shopping or medical appointments or errands, yes.

trinity 6 years, 10 months ago

no but i've taken part in assorted office pools. ;)

juscin3 6 years, 10 months ago

LOL@Ret's comment. Did you place a car load full of the pine tree air fresheners? Sad thing is that if Hud had to drive, you all had to suffer. Especially in the winter time. I've never had the joy of car pooling. I think it's too much of a hassle to do anyways. If the driver is sick, and you don't know it till the next morning, then you have to plan...but then again, always have a back up plan.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 10 months ago

For a short period of time... Finkelstein was always late, Johnson was too much of a "morning person", and Hudsucker farted alot.

hitme 6 years, 10 months ago

We had a friday night swimteam carpool. I used to do laps in the back. Guess which stroke? (cymbal crash)

blue73harley 6 years, 10 months ago

Nope. I like to burn as much gas as possible.

Plan to burn some on Friday. Me and the boy are going to Tulsa to see a '57 Plymouth come out of the ground after 50 years.

Check out - www.tulsarama.com