Previous   Next

Do you like the choice of Drew Carey as the new host of “The Price Is Right”?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 30, 2007

Browse the archives

“No. ‘The Price Is Right’ seems like more of a classic. I think by adding Drew Carey it takes that away and makes it less special.”

“For me it can never be the same. I like Drew Carey, but I think anyone they put in there pales in comparison.”

“It’s better than Rosie O’Donnell for sure. Bob’s a classic, and Drew definitely has a different personality, but I think he’ll do OK.”

“I think Drew Carey is an OK choice. I think he can host the show, but I don’t think he’ll have quite the following Bob Barker did. I don’t think he’ll inspire the same excitement from the fans; but as long as they keep Plinko and the Showcase Showdown, they’ll be all right.”

Related story

Comments

jonas 7 years, 5 months ago

Well, I think it's fine. Consolidating things and people I can't stand into one thing makes them that much easier to avoid. Can Paris Hilton become one of the eye-candy girls? Three birds with one stone right there.

killjoy 7 years, 5 months ago

Thank God it wasn't Rosie O'Donnell.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 5 months ago

Um...I really don't have an opinion one way or another. Don't watch it. Ain't gonna start.

purplesage 7 years, 5 months ago

It will be different, anyway. Hope he maintains a little more propriety than what he displays on the ads for that stupid Power of 10 show.

acg 7 years, 5 months ago

I love Drew Carey. He's going to do a great job.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 5 months ago

You should probably take a nontraditional route with a proven commodity when replacing an "institution", so they did a good job. I always disliked this boring game show and can't believe I'm pretending to care!~)

Bob and Drew do share some things in common. Both are perves. Each appears to have a hidden corn cob; one because he's stuffy and the other because he likes it. They are both plastic in one way or another. Each appears to have lots of hair. Who could ask for anything more?

Ceallach 7 years, 5 months ago

I like Drew Carey! With him hosting I might occasionally consider watching it. Can he every replace the lecherous Barker, I hope not.

My apologies to those who adore Barker, but I have never understood the Bob Barker groupies. Am I the only one that found his "smooth" manner to be more than a little creepy? and his slickness more akin to grease?

He was apparently kind to animals, thus the spay and neuter plea on each show. Considering the way he "allegedly" treated the women of the show, perhaps it was he who should have been neutered.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 5 months ago

I might have chosen someone who hasn't yet had a successful tv show. But he could work. As long as he doesn't try to be Bob Barker II, he might be okay.

rhd99 7 years, 5 months ago

Drew Carey is not Bob Barker, that's for sure. He, however by far is the better choice over Rosie. Rosie, take a hike!

Jaminrawk 7 years, 5 months ago

He's a good choice because he has a friendly demeanor. He was great on "Who's Line is it Anyway" and he is quick witted enough to keep up with some of the crazies they get on the show. No one can replace Bob but Drew Carey might work.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 5 months ago

Oh, and I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say that Cleveland rocks, but it is a decent place to visit these days.

halfgreengirl 7 years, 5 months ago

No way. I've been watching Bob Barker host that show since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. No one can replace him. If he needs to retire, the show should retire along with him. I have a terrible feeling that Drew Carey will turn it into a circus. Or worse.

Linda Endicott 7 years, 5 months ago

Uh...snap...Bill Cullen is dead...died in 1990...

I would guess that's why he's not available...:)

I wondered why they didn't consider Wink Martindale or Peter Marshall, but then they'd have the same problem with an older host who would be nearing retirement soon, anyway...

sgtwolverine 7 years, 5 months ago

Ha! Py, I didn't even know those existed. That's hilarious.

Great. You mentioned Ypsi, and now I want a Sidetrack burger. http://www.sidetrackbarandgrill.com/food.html

Tony Kisner 7 years, 5 months ago

Don't even get me started on Drew Carry.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 5 months ago

Ceal, I totally agree w/ you as I think Bob is a sleeze-bag. He creeps me out, too.

Speaking of having your pet spayed or neutered...I have yet another pittbull in my holding cell. This one is a puppy. Scrawny and skinned up. I wish whoever the DP are would stop dumping doggies for me to deal with. rant, mutter, fume

sgtwolverine 7 years, 5 months ago

Py, it's definitely worth a visit. Let me know if you do make it there; I'll be glad to have an excuse to eat at Sidetrack.

gccs14r 7 years, 5 months ago

Drew Carey says he's an Iraq war supporter. That makes him a BushBot, unworthy of airtime.

CBS should have retired the show. Now they'll have to cancel it after the ratings take a dump and they go through four hosts in six years trying to save it.

jonas 7 years, 5 months ago

"halfgreengirl (Anonymous) says: I have a terrible feeling that Drew Carey will turn it into a circus. Or worse."

Errr. . . as opposed to what it was? Circus is a good word.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 5 months ago

$800 worth of quarters should buy more than a grilled cheese sandwich smashed beneath a hotel iron. (Besides, you don't know what's been on that iron!) ewww.....