Previous   Next

Are you going to attend a Harry Potter book release party?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on July 15, 2007

Browse the archives

“If I could, I would; but I’m going to be at my grandparents’ house. I’ll get a copy as soon as I can.”

“Yeah, here at Borders. I might buy the book there or the next time I have the money. I’m looking forward to meeting a lot of Harry Potter fans.”

“I probably won’t; they can get a little crazy. I’m buying mine at the Raven bookstore to support local business.”

“No, but I’ve already reserved mine ahead of time.”

Comments

jonas 7 years, 5 months ago

Probably not. Parties here tend to get broken up by tanks.

/lord, this insanely powerful Chinese King-Fu Cricket/Locust thing just started going outside my room. I think it's actually rattling the windows.

Christine Pennewell Davis 7 years, 5 months ago

Jonas what are you doing anyways I missed all that. Sorry about the crickets nothing works so cotten in the ears might be a good idea. No harry potter party for me.

jonas 7 years, 5 months ago

momma: I'm taking second year Chinese at a small college in Beijing. Quite an experience, I must say.

By the way, if anyone's interested in pix you can go to my myspace page and take a look.
www.myspace.com/jonasopines

Under the banner should be a link that says pics, follow the galleries.

Marion: It isn't really a problem here. I don't know one way or the other, but I think our server at the school might not be held to the same restrictions as the public ones in public venues. I have an internet connection in my dorm room, and I have had very little problems with the connection or particular sites being blocked.

I haven't done much politically motivated searching, but I can tell you that in most of the places here, Wikipedia is totally blocked (not here at school though, who knows) which is the biggest thing. I can't recall some others, but it did seem to happen from time to time. At least, I assume that's what happened. A standard page not loaded screen popped up, but was totally in Chinese, which I still don't have enough proficiency to read random things, for the most part. But it seems a fair assumption to make.

jonas 7 years, 5 months ago

Well, maybe not. I thought you could look as a member of the viewing public, but you might need a profile to see the pics.

Christine Pennewell Davis 7 years, 5 months ago

sound fun have a great time. Don't speand all your time studing.

Christine Pennewell Davis 7 years, 5 months ago

well i guess I should be the one in school oh well true to my normal self in bad grammer and spelling and all things english:)

jonas 7 years, 5 months ago

Oh, I get time for fun, though not so much during the week.

Does look like the pics are unviewable. If anyone would like to see a couple, I could link to them sometime tommorow. I'm going to sleep now.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 5 months ago

I would attend a CD release concert, but the notion of a Harry Potter book release party does not hold the same appeal.