Previous   Next

Are you going to attend a Harry Potter book release party?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on July 15, 2007

Browse the archives

“If I could, I would; but I’m going to be at my grandparents’ house. I’ll get a copy as soon as I can.”

“Yeah, here at Borders. I might buy the book there or the next time I have the money. I’m looking forward to meeting a lot of Harry Potter fans.”

“I probably won’t; they can get a little crazy. I’m buying mine at the Raven bookstore to support local business.”

“No, but I’ve already reserved mine ahead of time.”

Comments

jonas 10 years ago

Probably not. Parties here tend to get broken up by tanks.

/lord, this insanely powerful Chinese King-Fu Cricket/Locust thing just started going outside my room. I think it's actually rattling the windows.

Christine Pennewell Davis 10 years ago

Jonas what are you doing anyways I missed all that. Sorry about the crickets nothing works so cotten in the ears might be a good idea. No harry potter party for me.

jonas 10 years ago

momma: I'm taking second year Chinese at a small college in Beijing. Quite an experience, I must say.

By the way, if anyone's interested in pix you can go to my myspace page and take a look.
www.myspace.com/jonasopines

Under the banner should be a link that says pics, follow the galleries.

Marion: It isn't really a problem here. I don't know one way or the other, but I think our server at the school might not be held to the same restrictions as the public ones in public venues. I have an internet connection in my dorm room, and I have had very little problems with the connection or particular sites being blocked.

I haven't done much politically motivated searching, but I can tell you that in most of the places here, Wikipedia is totally blocked (not here at school though, who knows) which is the biggest thing. I can't recall some others, but it did seem to happen from time to time. At least, I assume that's what happened. A standard page not loaded screen popped up, but was totally in Chinese, which I still don't have enough proficiency to read random things, for the most part. But it seems a fair assumption to make.

jonas 10 years ago

Well, maybe not. I thought you could look as a member of the viewing public, but you might need a profile to see the pics.

Christine Pennewell Davis 10 years ago

sound fun have a great time. Don't speand all your time studing.

Christine Pennewell Davis 10 years ago

well i guess I should be the one in school oh well true to my normal self in bad grammer and spelling and all things english:)

jonas 10 years ago

Oh, I get time for fun, though not so much during the week.

Does look like the pics are unviewable. If anyone would like to see a couple, I could link to them sometime tommorow. I'm going to sleep now.

sgtwolverine 10 years ago

I would attend a CD release concert, but the notion of a Harry Potter book release party does not hold the same appeal.