Previous   Next

What is your dream car?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 13, 2007

Browse the archives

67 Corvette Stingray, convertible of course. It’s got a 427 with 435 horsepower. That would be a nice car to cruise around in. Of course there are better cars, but that’s an American classic.”

“When I was younger, I always wanted a black Porsche Boxster with beige leather interior. Now that I don’t have a car, I try not to think about it.”

“I’d want the De Lorean from back to the future, because it travels through time, flies and runs on garbage. You’re never late when you have the De Lorean.”

“A 1957 Corvette. It’s just such a beautifully built car. It’s fast, it looks good and it’s little so I can fit in it easily. It’s a very chic car.”

Comments

trinity 8 years ago

any of the vintage mopars-'cuda, charger, challenger...mmmmmmmmm baby! or a brand spankin' new charger with a hemi; a friend has one that is sublimely suuuuuhhhhhwwwwweeeeeeetttt.

honestly prefer my sportster over all of 'em though, lol.

trinity 8 years ago

heh, how 'bout the general lee?

TongieMom 8 years ago

Any one that runs well, gets good gas mileage and is paid for!

Deb Stavin 8 years ago

A Nash Metropolitan, red and white.

kj 8 years ago

I have mine. A 63 TR4. My dad bought it for me when I was 17, My husband has been restoring it for me.

Dixie Jones 8 years ago

ahhhhhh nothing but a 77 midnight blue vette....

average 8 years ago

The Tesla Roadster comes pretty close.

Flap Doodle 8 years ago

The Batmobile as done by George Barris.

sunflower_sue 8 years ago

Anything that gets 300 miles to the gallon. Even if I look like the biggest dork driving it. Barring that nonsense, I'd settle for one of these 67 'stangs:

Kat Christian 8 years ago

2007 or 2008 silver 4d Honda Accord. PLEASE, please, please

lunacydetector 8 years ago

marion, was hyundai in existence back then? :)

acg 8 years ago

Hey sgt, don't screw with my fantasy, please.

I would also take an carminghia (sp?) if one was offered to me.

motomom 8 years ago

a british racing green 1973 TR6.

OnlyTheOne 8 years ago

1966 Dodge Charger Hemi 4-speed

cyclelust 8 years ago

My dream is that there are no cars anymore.

Eric Neuteboom 8 years ago

Hmmm...

An old Porsche 944...

Ferrari Testarosa (sp?)...

XR4TI...

An old Bronco, with a custom convertible top...

My dad's current GTI...that car is FAST!

Fun question!

Jean Robart 8 years ago

I'd like a 2007-or 2008 Toyota Prius. It's a dandy car to drive, I just can't afford a new one.

sunflower_sue 8 years ago

prospector, wouldn't want a very big wave to hit you! What it really needs is a wake board rack!

oldvet 8 years ago

I want my first vette back... red '63 split window coupe... sold it when we had kids....

hawklet21 8 years ago

Honda Civic Si. Bright blue. You've got the reliability of a civic, with an extra spunky little engine in it. And it's cute, too. :)

lunacydetector 8 years ago

a Bugatti Veyron, but since it is made by Volkswagen it must have reliability problems - so i'll go with a Dodge Viper or the new Hyundai/Bentley Continental as shown below - enjoy!

Rightytighty 8 years ago

Lamborghini Murcielago awww its a beautiful thing if only i was super rich and famous...

jonas 8 years ago

I've got various, depending on what level of income I achieve. I think it's best if you can can have a dream car you can actually afford.

level one: '76 Vette Stingray, right before they switched to a convex back windshield, so you can still pop the back window and the t-tops, and it's almost convertible, without looking lopsided like convertible Stingray's tend to look.

level two: late 50's early sixty's Vette. This one can say I care if it's convertible or not. Both are wonderful.

level three: Shelby Cobra. 'Nuff said.

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

An Audi TT. http://www.autosalesandlease.com/i/2001%20Audi%20TT%20quattro.jpg

I do love the classic Porsche 911s. Also, the Lotus Elise would be fun.

Grundoon Luna 8 years ago

A Hot Rod Lincoln.

Really, though, I have lust in my heart for this convertible BMW I saw recently. sigh

What no conga line yet? Well, here we go . . .

Friday, Friday, Fri-DAY!!! Friday, Friday, Fri-DAY!!!

Kam_Fong_as_Chin_Ho 8 years ago

I want a red Corvette. Then I'll grow my receding hair into a ponytail, wear gold chains and expose as much of my hairy chest as possible. When I cruise down Mass St, I'll wink at the young college girls. I'll wear a loud Hawaiian shirt and I'll leave it untucked so it covers-up my beer belly when I get in and out of the car.

monkeyhawk 8 years ago

I always wanted a Vette. Then I got a '74 at an auction in Topeka. It was the classic "be careful what you wish for". I'm not sure if it was worse than the '74 Porsche 914 or the '94 Jag XJ6, but all of my future dream cars will be Toyotas.

tir 8 years ago

I dream of a mint condition 1973 Volvo P1800 ES (sporty little vintage station wagon, cousin to the P1800 coupe, and very rare). And I have about as much chance of ever getting one as I have of winning Powerball. But in dreams anything is possible, right?

acg 8 years ago

I want a sleek, black Jaguar XK. I want dark tinted windows, creme colored leather interior and 6 in the floor.

But, alas, I don't have a ton of dough to blow on a car, which is why I drive a cheap plastic ford. Whaddya gonna do, eh?

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

When my parents got married, my dad had an old Triumph TR3a; when they started having kids, he sold it. It would be amazing to have one of those now.

Oh, and acg, if you bought a Jaguar, you would still be driving a Ford. Just with higher-quality plastic.

Jaminrawk 8 years ago

1966 Lincoln Continental covertible with suicide doors. Like the one from the intro to "Entourage". Now THAT is a sweet car.

coolmom 8 years ago

as long as it runs and carries the kids and kayaks i dont care right now. someday it would be fun to have a nice fast vehicle with no fingerprints, faceprints, wrappers, soccer balls, stuffed toys, smelly teens, wet dogs or lost homework in it. maybe a mustang or a cougar.

coolmom 8 years ago

we have a neighbor with a 44 willys sitting in his side yard not driven for 5 years or so and no family. i think it will probably be hauled off when something happens to him. sad both for the jeep and the man

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

acg, don't think of it as me screwing with your fantasy; think of it as me saying you're closer to your fantasy than you thought!

Oh, and I agree with you on the KG. I love the look of those. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Karmann_Ghia

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years ago

A car with no liens against it, that runs.

trinity 8 years ago

awww, hawklet, you're gonna get that civic one day, gua-ran-teed! :)

ZAIUS 8 years ago

A 1968 Shelby GT 500. Either that, or my old '69 Chevy Chevelle or '72 Chevelle SS with a 402 big block, both of which I sold when I was young and impetuous, believing cars like that would be around forever. Too bad one doesn't see many classic cars cruising the streets anymore.

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

ZAIUS, you just have to be in the right place to see classics cruising the street.

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

Oh, and if we're throwing out TV and movie vehicles, I'd be all about having the A-Team van.

samsnewplace 8 years ago

Brand New and Paid For!!! Oh yeah!

Jaminrawk 8 years ago

Kit from Knight Rider. You don't even really have to drive.

kessman 8 years ago

wanna see some classics gp to set em up jacks first sat of the month.they usually have over 100 cars u can see.I think from 5-9 pm

Richard Heckler 8 years ago

1950 Hudson Pacemaker http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/AmericanMotors/Hudson1949-1957.html

I also owned a 1950 Chevrolet Long bed panel truck. It was formerly civil defense vehicle. Yes it was a fun travel the USA vehicle about 30 years ago.

H_Lecter 8 years ago

1st choice would be a jeep w/mach. gun mounted in back from "The Rat Patrol" TV show 2nd choice would be my first car, '69 mustang 3rd choice would be the Jag/hearse from Harold & Maude (the movie)

sunflower_sue 8 years ago

acg, my first car was to be a '69 Karmann Ghia convertible. The seller and I settled on a price and the deal was good. He just needed the car for one more week...the week he totaled it! ARGH!!!! I'm still bummed about it all these years later, so yeah, I guess I'd take "the one that got away," too. sob, wail (I would have looked good in that car!) Instead, I bought a chevy citation hatchback. It ran, for a time. It was blue, and my friend puked in it.

trinity 8 years ago

i'm just amazed this hasn't been thrown out, in the midst of the tv show cars-the MONKEEMOBILE! :)

and how 'bout that partridge family bus? sweet!

jonas 8 years ago

Well, if we're really going on TV cars now, I'm going to have to go with Optimus Prime.

beatrice 8 years ago

A flying car, like they promised when I was growing up.

gccs14r 8 years ago

I'll have a Jem'Hadar personal transporter, please. It has a range of 3 light years and clips to a garment.

gccs14r 8 years ago

If it has to be a wheeled conveyance built as a production vehicle, then there are two, one with and one without a guilty conscience. The first is a 1970 LS6 Chevelle SS convertible and the other is a Diesel Smartfortwo.

domino 8 years ago

I'm driving a Dodge Neon 2 door sport coup - it's paid for and gets 30 mpg so I'm happy with that but if I could just go out and pick a new car it would be the Pontiac Solstic - think they are cute. My husband would have to have his favorite car back - his "1967 Ford Torino with the Cobra Jet engine - candy apple red with black racing stripes - told them the engine wasn't right in it - blew the engine in it - they put a new one in then it WOULD run!" Can you tell I've heard the story more than once!!!

coolmom 8 years ago

just watched transformers....one of those would be awesome.

West_Sider 8 years ago

1969 Camaro ZL-1 with the 435 HP427 big block engine. I would gladly take one of the 69 that Chevy built. The ZL-1 could run the quarter mile in 11.68 seconds at more than 120 mph. The aluminum 427 engine was almost equivalent to the L88 Corvette engine, with the exception of the ZL-1 being all aluminum and alleviating about 160 pounds. The motor was hand built, thus adding up to the price tag of $4,160 for the motor alone. All ZL-1 Camaro's came with cowl induction hoods, heavy duty suspension, 12 bolt rear ends with 4.10 gears, and a Muncie M-22 4-speed or TurboHydramatic 400 automatic.

Sigmund 8 years ago

The Audi RS4 is better than a BMW M3, 414bhp and all wheel drive. It's biblically good! Audi RS4 Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxHW_0TFJW0 Audi RS4 Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nbVMAWK6JQ

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a Diesel Ford Van if driven around the Nürburgring by Sabine Schmidt! Ford Van at Nürburgring p1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGcV8W1GsZY Ford Van at Nürburgring p2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHb6sfzLt98

Sigmund 8 years ago

The Audi RS4 is better than a BMW M3, 414bhp and all wheel drive. It's biblically good! Audi RS4 Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxHW_0TFJW0 Audi RS4 Part 2 (Hopefully this link will actually work!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nbVMAWK6JQ

Curtis Lange 8 years ago

Screw that overpriced Volkswagen.

maxcrabb 8 years ago

Jonas was right on with the Shelby Cobra, so sweet...

but personally, a Viper SRT-10, dark blue with fat double racing stripes (pure white)...

Anyone who owns an x-box, get Forza Motorsport. It helps deal with the pain of not being able to afford such a beautiful machine. coughmarioncough

Linda Endicott 8 years ago

Any car that runs well, someone else pays for, and just gives it to me with no strings attached...