Previous   Next

How are you enjoying the break from the heat?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 12, 2007

Browse the archives

“I’m actually not enjoying it right now, because I wanted to go to the pool. I will be playing kickball later on, though, so I will definitely be enjoying it then.”

“It’s nice, but it’s still really humid. At least it’s comfortable enough to walk around outside.”

“I’m able to wear what I want instead of having to wear really short clothes or stay inside all day.”

“It’s really nice. It’s almost like we’re having spring in the middle of summer. I’m just out enjoying the day and riding around on my mo-ped.”

Comments

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

It's great! Although I traveled all the way to Michigan to get it, instead of just waiting for the temperatures to drop in Kansas.

jonas 7 years, 8 months ago

Sounds nice. Here, you wait for a big rain to get a break from the pollution.

cheer67 7 years, 8 months ago

You can actually walk outside, and check the mail, without breaking a sweat.

Linda Endicott 7 years, 8 months ago

Turned off the AC, opened all the windows, and let the fresh air blow through.

Unfortunately, it won't last...sigh...

ms_canada 7 years, 8 months ago

Good morning all!!! Say, I do believe we have a birthday to celebrate this day. I do believe it is our sunny sunflower's birthday. So, lets all celebrate and wish her all the very best for a good day with her family and friends. I do hope that hubby has something special in the plans. A very Happy Birthday to you, sue, from me and my good man.

ms_canada 7 years, 8 months ago

OH, about the heat. I think some of your heat came up this way. It was hot yesterday and should be again today, but we are welcoming it as we have had the craziest weather this spring and summer. So changeable from minute to minute. I went for my walk the other day and it was lovely when I exited the house. Walked 4 blocks and it started to rain, I ducked under a big tree and put the hood up on my jacket, walked a half a block more and the sun came out. And I kid you not. I cannot tell a lie. That's how stupid it is here this summer.

mick 7 years, 8 months ago

She was a lady and she was a bird. She was a Ladybird. She was the First Ladybird and then came Ladydog Nixon. Pretty soon we may have Ladybill Clinton.

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 8 months ago

Yeah, baby, yeah! I'm loving it!! I shut the AC down and turned on the attic fan. Fabulous!

Woohoo!! Happy brithday, Sue!! You and Mr. Attitude share a birthday. I'd like to take him out to dinner tonight but I am torn as to where. Decisions, decisions . . . . Any suggestions, folks?

Linda Endicott 7 years, 8 months ago

It felt like triple digits, prospector, with all the damn humidity.

I'm going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 8 months ago

Aw shucks, thanks, all!
Ms_C, The hubby does have plans to take me out but I haven't decided where. A_A, Happy B day to Mr. Attitude!
Prospector, 29 feels great! You are my current favorite person. :D

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

Ah, yes. How forgetful of me. Happy birthday!

mom_of_three 7 years, 8 months ago

It was a little hot last weekend, but only because our temperatures have been so mild. It really wasn't hot, as it barely reached the mid 90's. I love this milder weather. The AC doesn't have to work as hard, and the kids have no excuse not to walk the dogs, and the dogs have no excuse not to be outside.
I only wish I had more time to spend outside.
I remember a July when I was a kid when it was 100+ degrees for many days in a row, and when we had a break, it was in the upper 90's.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 8 months ago

Py, Lawrence or Legends. Casual or fancy. With shorties (albiet my eldest is taller than me now.)

beatrice 7 years, 8 months ago

Loving it in Phoenix! All the way down to 107 today, with chance of evening showers, which is much nicer than the 118 last week.

child care provider? Preslee looks 14, so doesn't she mean baby sitter?

Happy Happy to you Sue.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

Wait, R_I, I thought it was due to [insert politician of choice]'s decision to talk less.

[ / obvious joke ]

Linda Aikins 7 years, 8 months ago

Happy Birthday to Sue! Happy Birthday to Sue! Happy Birthday to Sue-zie--- Happy Birthday to Sue!

(low on creative juices today!

It's not even 100 yet. OUCH!!! I drove with my car windows down. Living on the edge, aren't I?

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

Py, today has alternated between beautiful weather and dark threatening clouds that make it look like we're going to get drenched. So it's been an interesting day: Enjoy the weather! Okay, maybe not! Yeah, enjoy the weather! Okay, get ready to run! No, really, it's nice out! But it might rain now! Or maybe not right now! Have fun! With your umbrella!

And it hasn't rained a drop.

Linda Endicott 7 years, 8 months ago

Newsflash: the break from the heat is now over...