Previous   Next

How good are you about paying for parking?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 28, 2007

Browse the archives

“I pay. I’m very conscious about it. I don’t want any tickets or anything. It’s only a quarter an hour, so it’s no big deal.”

“Pretty good. I always pay, but sometimes I don’t have enough change or I don’t make it back in time.”

“I don’t have a car, but when I did, I was really bad about it.”

“I’m really good about it. When I do get a ticket, I pay it right away so they don’t keep bothering me about it.”

Related story

Comments

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years, 2 months ago

KS, Parking permit... This discussion is about parking.
Not rolling down the road with the tires whining.

Besides that, when my spousal unit buys me a vehicle, the license tag comes in the mail...

Was that you in the black Honda accord?

After your lesson in sign language, my #3 was exposing a singularly upright middle digit to all of Delilah's patrons. I was in a shawl with dangerous sharp objects swirling about my locks, and found it difficult to de-learn the sign language from #3's vocabulary.

KS 7 years, 2 months ago

RETICENT_IRREVERENT - I'll bet you paid to buy a license tag for your SUV? Is that included in your statement of not buying permits, etc.?

sunflower_sue 7 years, 2 months ago

Das, I'm very good at other things as well. But to go pro? That would be too much of a commitment, but thanks for your support! :)

jonas 7 years, 2 months ago

Oh sure, so when it's parking, public good liberal psuedo-socialist neo-communism is okay, huh Right-Thinker?!

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 2 months ago

My wife would be serving 10-20 yrs in the pen if'n I didn't take care of hers-----as far as I'm concerned, any city can stick their parking ticket where the sun don't shine.....

Inadequate public parking=We don't want/need you here

Is my view......

Das_Ubermime 7 years, 2 months ago

Sue,

Have you thought of going pro?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years, 2 months ago

I would say I am good at NOT paying for parking. Yesterday, I had to present myself downtown for a my session with Delilah. I am thankful for 4WD. I had to jump the curb, cross the sidewalk, and park backwards in the parking spot. (To the driver of the the black Honda Accord, It is impolite and rude to make guestures like that, especially when I have young impressionable children with me.)

I will not pay to park my gas hog SUV anywhere in this FREE country. Our country's fore fathers set the precidence for unfair taxation. I refuse to feed meters / buy permits. My heart is set in stone and will not change. I will not, I refuse to, It is cruel and inhumane to pay for parking.

Sometimes freedoms have to be ardently, vigorously, and vigilantly defended, if for no other reason than just principle. Parking my behemoth where I wish without being unjustly taxed is one of those unassailable principles that must be defended and kept sacrosanct. Thus I stand (or drive) earnest, dedicated, and at ready to keep this principle inviolate.

jonas 7 years, 2 months ago

Man, one would think bowhunter doesn't have a sense of humor or something. . .

. . . oh, wait.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 2 months ago

well, I seldom drop any change on the sidewalk; I usually get the change put in the correct meter; and I never put the coin demoninations into the wrong slot...so, I'd say I'm pretty darn good!

psychofan 7 years, 2 months ago

You may get away with not paying downtown, but don't try it up at KU!

militant 7 years, 2 months ago

You can have my quarter when you pry it from my cold dead hand!

Bowhunter99 7 years, 2 months ago

blah blah blah innocuous_posts... blah blah blah.

innocuous_posts 7 years, 2 months ago

PROPERTY IS THEFT! THE QUARTER YOU PUT INTO A PARKING METER IN LAWRENCE ULTIMATELY GOES TO THE ZIONIST CRIMINALS TO PAY FOR POISON BALLOONS THEY ARE ILLEGALLY RELEASING TO CRIMINALLY ATTACK THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS OF HEZBOLLAH! http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/818324.html IT IS ALL PART OF A PLOT BY THE EVIL CRIMINALIST CRIMINALS IN CRIMINAL WASHINGTON! FIGHT THE POWER! Did I miss anything, oh yeah.... MEAT IS MURDER!