Previous   Next

What do you think of Barack Obama as a presidential candidate?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 17, 2007

Browse the archives

“I think he has a lot of charisma and he’s a good politician - knowing when to keep his mouth shut. I like that he’s young and he has a lot of enthusiasm. Hopefully he doesn’t have to hitch his cart to Hillary’s horse.”

“I would really love it if he became president, but I don’t know if he’s old enough to win. I’m from Chicago, so I’m actually a big fan of his.”

“I think he will be a good candidate in the future. I think a vice-presidential nomination would be best for him. I think he needs more experience, but I appreciate his values and intelligence.”

“I think that he’s an unknown and that he’s kind of a celebrity in politics right now. What’s behind it? I don’t know, but I’d be willing to wait and see.”

Comments

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

TOB, he's highly-touted mainly because he looks good and sounds right. That's the idea I get. Which, really, is pretty much what you need for elections these days.

Also, I'm concerned that he's a "good politician." I'm not sure we need more of those. How about good leaders?

Kuku_Kansas 7 years, 8 months ago

As a native Chicagoan...I can't lie about having high hopes about Obama.

Since seeing him speak at the Democratic National Convention, I immediately became interested in him. One of the few politicians I actually listen to.

If nothing else, the Dems haven't had a "strong" and "exciting" candidate in quite some time.

Guess we'll see.

Unix_Admin 7 years, 8 months ago

No experience in politics. That's kinda what we have had the last six years with George Jr. But hey, if Oprah likes him he has to be the right guy for the job. sarcasm emits

Richard Heckler 7 years, 8 months ago

Obama .... He is becoming a celebrity so we must watch with a questioning eye.

The media has taken control of selecting our choices. They are not doing a good job of covering all that have made the plunge.

They continue to focus on Hillary who I would rather not win and Obama who might be good.

What about John Edwards,Christopher Dodd Tom Vilsack and Dennis Kucinich? There is still time for more to surface.

The bottom line is these campaigns start way too early and require a lot of special interest financing which I say voters must do away with if WE want serious change and representative government.

I do not want Hillary,Biden,McCain or that former New York mayor. The country should not elect anymore PNAC neoconservatives like the Bush family and Newt represent. Too many politicians gain worship status....yuck.

Kookamooka 7 years, 8 months ago

Original Bob,

When you say "no one has been able to tell you what he's done..." I say....FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!!

This is a Democracy. You can't expect people to spoon feed you. Get on-line and do the research.

I can GUARANTEE has hasn't been popping pain killers.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 7 years, 8 months ago

"I can't help but think that he is a charasmatic and completely inexperienced candidate."

As far as I can tell, 6 years in, Bush, who was even less experienced coming in than Obama is, has failed to learn anything from the experience, and whatever his appeal is to the few diehards who still support him, it certainly isn't charisma.

So if Obama is elected, it can't be anything but an improvement over what we have now.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

He's a smoker? I thought he was perfect!

Seriously, TOB, I'm actually not a fan of his. He seems too slick and too perfect for the public eye for his own good. But hey, until he does have a track record, like you noted, I suppose we can't rule him out as a decent leader. But until that point, I think we should rule him out as president.

Richard Heckler 7 years, 8 months ago

Until we garner this approach:

Accompanied with this:

Don't expect drastic change anytime soon. We could insist this be on the 2008 ballots. Voters must do it because politicians are afraid to do it.

trinity 7 years, 8 months ago

the political celebrity factor has made me a little leery. and i agree-i need to know that he's going to make a leader, not a politician, and i'm still looking for info about that.

my 2 cents.

crohan1978 7 years, 8 months ago

Obama is nothing more than a candidate manufactured by the media. He has done absolutely nothing in his political career, yet the media has made him a star since day 1. It is a joke. He is definately very charismatic, but honestly, what has he done?

Chris, Chicago, IL

cutny 7 years, 8 months ago

I think the more candidates we have to choose from, the stronger the Democratic Party will be. Nothing could be as bad as what we have now. I don't understand all of this "no experience" BS either. Bush has/had no experience in "world" politics either, and Guiliani has even less. But for the fact that he's an opportunist of the worst grade, living off of his "America's Mayor" tag, he wouldn't even be up for consideration.

beatrice 7 years, 8 months ago

Actually, I like his being in the running. I think he has a real shot at being our next President, especially since he likely would face the 145 year old McCain. Though not as experienced as others, Obama has always opposed the Iraq war, is interested in stopping the corruption so rampant in Congress, as demonstrated by Jack Abramoff, and has pushed for more money to battle the wide spread use of meth. All good things so far.

betti81 7 years, 8 months ago

i am so excited for Sen. Obama to be testing the waters. i am half way through his first book and half way through his second one. his first book, well the writing is hard for me to get through, but the concepts and stories are fascinating. the second one is so far so good. he comes across as humble and observant. as far as the leadership question from above, check out his book. people like to follow him because he listens to them. listening is a great skill in a leader. (i'm not trying to peddle his book, but it is an easy way to gain some knowledge into who he is...especially the first one, written before all the media attention on him) my two cents- betti

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 8 months ago

The grandparents who raised him are from Winfield, KS. Dudes got Jayhawk blood. I'd vote for him, no question.

Guiliani? He moved his mistress in to the mayor's residence before he was divorced and his wife wasn't even out yet! How tacky and classless can you be? So much for his decision making ability.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

Bea, I think what you're saying is that he's a good candidate because you agree with him. Am I reading your post right? (Note: this is not a criticism; it is an honest question. Just so you know.)

beatrice 7 years, 8 months ago

sgt, would I think someone a good candidate who stood for all the things to which I am opposed?

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

No, bea; you just differed from the rest of the posts. You didn't seem too interested in his previous accomplishments as a measure of his suitability for such office; you examined his public positions and declared him good.

To be honest, it was kind of refreshing.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

Also, I think he would have made a much better American Idol than that last guy who won. I don't watch the show, but I saw him perform at halftime of a bowl game, and wow, he was really, really boring. And to me he seemed pretty average.

Hey, you know, running for political office isn't that much different from competing in American Idol...

Sigmund 7 years, 8 months ago

Barack Hussain Obama is the flavor of the month and without any concrete platform or accomplishments. He will do great in the Democratic primaries!

Unix_Admin 7 years, 8 months ago

Just curious - Anybody else find those two women that sit behind the TV announcers during the Jayhawk home B-Ball games as annoying as I do? Slightly off subject, but perhaps a little more interesting. :-)

topekahawk 7 years, 8 months ago

I think the most important quality we can have in a President is that he is attractive and well spoken. Plus it is VERY important that Oprah like the candidate.

Bladerunner 7 years, 8 months ago

Politically, Obama has an unimpressive track record. I hope the dems pick him to run for president. He should be easy to defeat.

ms_canada 7 years, 8 months ago

Holy Moly - can I vote? Having heard Mr. Obama speak a number of times and having read a bit about him, I would not hesitate to endorse him. He is refreshing and appears to have presence of mind. Sure he is young and inexperienced, but there is still time before '08.
Have you not had enough of the golden oldies like John McCain. I do like Mr. McCain but don't you think it is time for a change? A whole new prespective is needed on the world scene, I believe. I think Mr. Obama has the youth and energy to learn all he can about governance and I believe he would do just that and try to do an excellent job of it.

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 8 months ago

I wish you could vote, too, Ms_C!!

I find it ironic that those who support a man that has done virtually nothing for America, and had done nothing but ruin everything he was in charge of prior to his preseidence, have the nerve say, "Obama hasn't done anyting." Like it wasn't a problem before, but it is now. Flip, flop, flip, flop . . . .

At least Obmama can speak intellignetly . . . . and think circles around Dub.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

POI, in that grandly sickening tradition of combining celebrity couples' names, I think that would make Oprama. Or Obrah.

Also, on an unrelated topic, I would like to thank you all for sending the ice storm our way. It made for nice pictures yesterday.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

"At least Obmama can speak intellignetly"

I nominate that for the Irony Award, sponsored by Kenmore.

lunacydetector 7 years, 8 months ago

i thought he was living in a cave somewhere between the pakistan/afghanistan border.

i think he is a good candidate for the weirdos of society, especially since he wears lipstick, but he'll never win. the national press sure likes him though....they love him for some reason. i've heard a few of his speeches and he sounds like a typical hate filled liberal.

BigAl 7 years, 8 months ago

Posted by topekahawk (anonymous) on January 17, 2007 at 9:33 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Although Oprah's endorsement would carry very little weight, I would put more consideration in her endorsement than one by Rush Limbaugh.

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 8 months ago

LOL! C'mon, sarge, g'me a break. I'm multi-tasking.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 8 months ago

SGT - awesome! I don't understand the Kenmore part though.

And I am NOT an Oprah fan, so that won't help me. I guess we just need to be sure Obama doesn't grow facial hair (as in 24). He won't win.

Janet Lowther 7 years, 8 months ago

You know, I haven't seen people reacting to a politician like they have been to B.O. since Bobby Kennedy.

Unfortunately, the senate is a good base to get a major party nomination, but a very poor base to actually get elected: Only TWO senators won their elections in the entire twentieth century: Kennedy and Harding. Neither compiled a particularly good record. (Most of the stuff Kennedy gets credit for was going nowhere 'till Johnson became president and rammed it through.) Neither lived to complete their term either.

i_have_only_valid_opinions 7 years, 8 months ago

Oprah endorses him for one simple (and utterly wrong) reason: he has color in his skin.

Personally, after listening to him on TV again last night, he sounds exactly like The Rock (Dwayne Johnson, the wrestler). He even has the same skin tone and kind of looks like him in a way I can't put my finger on. Has anyone seen Dwayne lately. Did he lose some weight and have plastic surgery so he could run for office? Plus, Oprah loves Dwayne too.

Can you smell what the Rock is cooking!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i_have_only_valid_opinions 7 years, 8 months ago

TOB-

That was some good chuckles...

I know Oprah has some stanrdards:

1 - Individual must be a minority (preferably black) who is willing to kiss her butt and be a "yes" man for her;

2 - Refer back to standard #1

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

A_A, you can continue to multitask all you want. Seriously. That was amazing. Far better than intentional humor!

Gootsie, Kenmore is a brand of appliances; their product line features an iron (irony/iron ... I know, it's a stretch). I was struggling to come up with a brand name to use, and I thought of Sears, and then thought of Kenmore.

ms_canada 7 years, 8 months ago

Although I would love to see him elected, I just have doubts. I don't think the US is ready for a president of colour. But it is a start for him to become better known and then we will see what the future brings. The thing that scares me is that if the Dems put him on the ballot and he loses, what the heck will the Repubs put in office. Time will tell. These next couple of years should prove verrrrry interrrresting, no? About yesterdays question, if ID cards are not required at election time, maybe I could sneak in a vote. What do you think Azure Attitude? Just an aside on the difference in your country and mine. when we have a government that screws up, we don't have to wait 4 or 3 or 2 years to oust them. I like that about our system. We chucked our liberals out after 18 months of scandal.

mmv 7 years, 8 months ago

Finally I get some support on the annoying fans behind the announcers at the KU games! The lady with the blonde bob-cut is the worst. Each week, she brings a different group of friends and they all wave and make faces at the camera. They make everyone from Kansas look like idiots! Do you see this happening at any other arena??? NO! Maybe the administration could be more selective about who they let sit there???? PLEASE???? Spare us all.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 8 months ago

MMV---

YES YES YES YES!!! They look ridiculous!!! I wish they would stop it because they look so ding-danged silly. It's one thing to have spirit, but another to act like a bunch of kindergarteners. Anyone know who they are??? I'm not sure where you said you got your support - can you show me? You sure as heck have mine. I want to know who else noticed it.

Sgt, yep, a little stretch. But it's no surprise that I didn't think of an iron. My kids were in grade school when they first saw one and asked what it was..

ashuck33 7 years, 8 months ago

You have my support, too. See post at 9:21a by Unix_Admin. I think they are annoying. Not to take away from the Obama support, but come on! We have to deal with current issues.........he has 2 more years of campaigning.

shirinisb 7 years, 8 months ago

Marion-

I've never seen you post anything worth reading.

Now that I got that out.

My vote is for Obama!!!!

shirinisb 7 years, 8 months ago

People should read up on a person before they insult them or claim they did/didn't achieve something.

I could sit here and post a defense for Obama all day but generally people who have biased opinions aren't going to listen to logic anyway, so I wont bother.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 7 years, 8 months ago

"Do things REALLY change depending on who's president?"

Yes-- we wouldn't be in Iraq today wasting thousands of lives and $billions if Dubya hadn't been handed the job on a platter.

"He has a relaxed style of speech and probably has average intelligence."

Your conjecture is no more useful than the conjecture that he will make a good president.

We need to know more before he becomes president.

Bone777 7 years, 8 months ago

Hillary, Ohhh Hillary..... Obama, Ohhhh Obama.......

Hillary was excited until someone "of color" stepped into the ring.

Now Obama is getting excited, until someone with a domestic partner steps up and takes the spot-light.

And who do they all fear 'The Triple Threat'.....

Gay, colored, female. Go democrats! I love diversity too.

Kontum1972 7 years, 8 months ago

the current prez is an idiot...make believe cowboy...he wasnt born in TEXAS!....friggin tourist!

beatrice 7 years, 8 months ago

For someone who apparently has no experience and no proven track record, the hate being flung from the always hateful right is rather telling.

I love the smell of fear in the morning!

i_have_only_valid_opinions 7 years, 8 months ago

Posted by Bone777 (anonymous) on January 17, 2007 at 11:44 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Hillary, Ohhh Hillary..... Obama, Ohhhh Obama.......

Hillary was excited until someone "of color" stepped into the ring.

And who do they all fear 'The Triple Threat'.....

Gay, colored, female. Go democrats! I love diversity too.

Go Oprah!!!

i_have_only_valid_opinions 7 years, 8 months ago

Posted by shirinisb (anonymous) on January 17, 2007 at 11:34 a.m. (Suggest removal)

It's in the public's best interest to share your information with others if you know or believe people are mis-informed. By staying quiet you only lend a hand to the dissemination of only biased opinions. You allow only those biased opinions to be voiced and not your educated opinion. Who does that help?

Bone777 7 years, 8 months ago

i_have_only_valid_opinions -

She does seem to be closer to "Gail" than she is to "Stedman".

Oprah, Ohhhhhh Oprah.

gusharber 7 years, 8 months ago

A completely propped up candidate with no qualifications for the office...none. I guess compared to total losers like John Kerry and Al Gore the inventor of the Internet, the Dems think he'll shine. To think that Al almost got in should make us wary of a vote for Obama.

beatrice 7 years, 8 months ago

I wonder, why didn't people make a point in talking about Bush being White back when he was running?

Bone777 7 years, 8 months ago

I liked Howard Dean. I saw nothing wrong with a guy who got excited and did a little "aaaaaarrrrrr raaahhhhhh!!!!". when he lost a primary. He got crucified for his 'lack of control' and 'not acting very presidential'.

Do you have to be a 'good loser' to get ahead in this country.

Father_Guido_Sarducci 7 years, 8 months ago

Is this man a member of the Catholic faith, I wonder?

The name "Obama" doesn't sound Italian to me. Or Irish. Or Polish even!

Well, that's okay, I'm sure he's a nice man no matter what his religious persuasion is!

deec 7 years, 8 months ago

Nope, you just have to be the decider. Oh, and friends in high places helps, too.

gusharber 7 years, 8 months ago

I think Gus is RIGHT ON THE MONEY when he says Obama only looks good compared to losers like Al Gore and John Kerry and a vote for him is a vote for a candidate with NO qualifications...none as Gus says. Where do they go to dredge up such politicians ? Selig

MyName 7 years, 8 months ago

kubacker:

I'll bet $100 he didn't graduate anywhere near the top of his class, and I don't want another "C+" president.

WTF? Here's the CV for the US Senator: http://www.law.uchicago.edu/faculty/obama/cv.html

To put it simply: He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School for goodness sake! He was President of the Harvard Law Review (the first black elected to that position) and was a Senior Lecturer in Law at the University of Chicago. He's written several books (not ghost-"written", but written), one of which won the 2006 Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album, and you're calling him a C+ mediocre idiot!?!

Granted he's not done that much on a national level in the US Senate, but at least he's not a slimy insider! I think we'll find out more about him if he actually goes into the primaries, but he's certainly got enough intelligence to become President.

BTW, where's my $100 bucks?

bevy 7 years, 8 months ago

The biggest issue I see with our government is that the majority of people in Congress are lawyers. Definitely NOT representative of the general population. There are good lawyers out there, I'm sure. I just haven't met one yet...

Personally, I don't care if the candidate is black, white, green, yellow or magenta. I'm looking forward to the day (if I live to see it) where a person's skin tone is never mentioned! It is irrelevant!

Let's try this: Someone with COMMON SENSE, who is not in the pocket of special interests, can represent our country without embarrasing us all, and who is a good LEADER who can work with all parties.

Also, those who blame the president for everything wrong with our country don't understand how the government works. Yes, he is the CIC and this war is largely his mess, but there are many other issues where the blame lies squarely with Congress.

mr_daniels 7 years, 8 months ago

So unqualified is this current batch of Dems for the highest office and responsibility during this time of war, that if there is another devastating attack that we will all be put under marshall law and our freedoms that we take for granted will become limited and even taken away. No quals...not fit to lead.

thisiknow 7 years, 8 months ago

It's way to early to make up my mind. I like the charisma that Obama has but I do not trust the media. I'll wait for the debates among the candidates before I make up my own mind.

MyName 7 years, 8 months ago

WTF? First it's "martial law" and secondly, the current Bush administration has done more to restrict our freedoms than any president before (Democratic, Republican, Whig, whatever). So all they've got to do is rollback the stupid totalitarian crap the current administration has put in place and it'll already be an improvement.

And why do you think Hillary Clinton is unqualified? Why is Barack Obama unqualified? Why is John Edwards unqualified? They are all as qualified or more qualified than the previous 2 or 3 presidents we've had, that's for sure. You've got to back this stuff up or stop hyperventaliting over whatever mixed up stuff is going on in your head!

MyName 7 years, 8 months ago

kubacker:

You said Obama was a C+ student and he graduated Magna Cum Laude from one of the most prestigious Universities in the World! He's written at least 2 more books than the current president, and he won a freakin Grammy for one of them! He's not a mediocre idiot as you made him out to be.

So where's my $100 bucks?

MyName 7 years, 8 months ago

Sen. Obama didn't propose the legislation or work to revoke Habeus Corpus. He didn't start all of the domestic wiretapping or create an offshore dungeon to put people away for life without even a fair trial. He also has been against the Iraq War since the very beginning. I could continue, but this is about the Senator's candidacy for President, not the current administration's shortcomings.

beatrice 7 years, 8 months ago

kubacker: "By the way, I don't care that he was the editor of Law Review. Its an elected position and you get it via politics and by kissing your professor's butts! Been there - done that! ... His promoters never say a word about his grades or class ranking in college or law school, but since you know all his "accomplishments" why don't you enlighten us?"

You were told "he graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School." Since you have "been there," I'm surprised you don't know that Harvard Law, one of the most difficult and competitive schools in the country, grants the top 10% of graduating students with the honor of "magna cum laude." Just to clarify, top 10% requires really good grades. Is that good enough for you, or will you need a copy of his transcripts?

MyName 7 years, 8 months ago

Yeah, you have misunderstood T_O_B, or maybe I just left out some relevant information. First they give Grammy's out for pretty much anything that comes on a CD or tape or record, so it has alot more catagories than say the Oscars. His grammy was for "Best Spoken Word Album" so he won the award for writing the book and narrating it on CD. He beat out Garrison Keillor, Al Franken, Sean Penn, and George Carlin for the award that year.

I'm not saying it's his most important achievement, but I bring it up just to point out the fact that he didn't write "My Dog Skip" or "How I Invented the Internet" or something, but he actually wrote a book that was good enough to be a best seller and garner critical acclaim. Which lends credence to the fact that he's not a mediocre idiot.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

TOB, I was equally confused. I'm glad you said something.

Although this does begin to explain the Pulitzer they gave to 50 Cent.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

"...a book that was good enough to be a best seller and garner critical acclaim. Which lends credence to the fact that he's not a mediocre idiot."

In all fairness, high sales numbers, critical acclaim and an industry award really just make you popular. Which is a perfect credential for a politician.

MyName 7 years, 8 months ago

sgtwolverine:

LOL, you're right it's not like mediocre idiots can't win Grammys (or become President), but it's not like it's his only accomplishment, or even his most important one (see previous posts).

Besides, other than Al Franken, I'd say he beat out some pretty smart people that year. So it must say something about the quality of his book.

beatrice 7 years, 8 months ago

He beat out George Carlin?!? I demand a recount!

MyName 7 years, 8 months ago

That's not as good as $100 bucks, but I'll take it.

He's the Junior Senator from Illinois, so Barack Obama isn't going to be the most experience candidate out there (Democratic or Republican).

With regards to International experience, he's served 2 years on the Senate foreign relations committee (It'll be 4 years by the next election). Which means he's travled worldwide looking after US interests and has dealt with US international politics on as close a level as you can get outside of the State department. This certainly compares favorably to being the Governor of Arkansas, California, or Texas, though less favorably than Bush 41 who came from the CIA. It still makes him fairly well qualified.

He's not served in the executive branch, which puts him at a disadvantage compared to some presidents who have been former governors, but he's still no better or worse than any of the other front runners from the Senate (Democrat or Republican). This is the main reason why voters rarely elect Senators in general, but that doesn't mean that he is unable to be a good executive, or that he won't be able to recruit people who know about the executive to his Administration (should he become president). Anyways, he's not perfect, but he's definitely qualified for the job of President.

BigAl 7 years, 8 months ago

The smear campaign has already started. I just received two emails concerning Obama and according to Snopes, both of them are false.
The far right is already at it.

MyName 7 years, 8 months ago

Yeah, but the difference is all of the stuff coming out of the left side is true! ;-)

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

i_p, you know the parties take turns creating torrents of vituperation. It's the unwritten agreement.

BigAl 7 years, 8 months ago

I admit it, I just had to look up "vituperation".. Great word. It reads exactly like how the republicans treated Bill Clinton for 8 years. The only thing is, it doesn't describe the millions of taxpayer dollars that they wasted while doing it.

beatrice 7 years, 8 months ago

I hate all of this negativity! We are in for a long 2 years if this board is an example of what is to come.

By the way, does anyone know if McCain really does worship Satan?

mmv 7 years, 8 months ago

Bildabergers! All of them!

BigAl 7 years, 8 months ago

.....dress as owls....??????

LMAO

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

Actually, bea, I think McCain actually worships Stan. He's more of a mid-major supernatural figure. Like the WAC or the MAC in college football.

But he is often mistaken for Satan.

i_have_only_valid_opinions 7 years, 8 months ago

Posted by beatrice (anonymous) on January 17, 2007 at 2:42 p.m. (Suggest removal)

By the way, does anyone know if McCain really does worship Satan?

That rumor just started when someone saw him eating raw goat meat, but he's not a satanist.

meggers 7 years, 8 months ago

Barack Obama has the ability to reframe the converstation in this nation. The poisonous air in DC has permeated both our attitudes and our culture. One needn't go further than this forum to recognize that.

Obama is extremely well-educated, a civil rights attorney and activist, a constitutional scholar, was president of the Harvard Law Review, and was an Illinois state senator for 7 years before being elected to the US Senate.

There is a plethora of information out there about what he has accomplished in elected office, as well as where he stands on specific issues. If you're interested, this might be a good place to start:

Our nation needs a leader like Barack Obama now more than ever.

meggers 7 years, 8 months ago

Pssst...bennyoates...it's Obama/Clark '08.

And definitely not the other way around :)

Ceallach 7 years, 8 months ago

Obama bama fofama banana mana fofama fe fi fo fama Obama!

Cute kid, slick talker, it's going to be fun to watch. At this point I wouldn't consider voting for him. Any potential he may have in the future would be sacrificed in a premature inauguration.

beatrice 7 years, 8 months ago

rt, does the back of the t-shirt read "Party of One" ?

kg52 7 years, 8 months ago

So far I like what I see but will keep my eyes wide open should someone better come along. Born and raised a Democrat, have voted Republican several times and once even for an Independent (eek!). My Daddy is rolling over in his grave on that one but oh well. Seriously I voted for Bush (eek again - sorry Daddy), mostly on his response to 9/11 but then there was Katrina and Iraq. We need someone with new ideas and ideals. I'm not anti-war, just pro-life when it comes to our fighting men and women, and for that matter men, women and children in general.

H_Lecter 7 years, 8 months ago

R_I,

There's definitely something about camo and you have to appreciate a woman who knows how to put the meat on the table...our gobbling gov.

maxcrabb 4 years, 10 months ago

I don't want to ruin it for you all, but he won...