Previous   Next

Are you happy to finally see some snow?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 13, 2007

Browse the archives

“I find it beautiful, but I don’t care for the temperature or the irresponsible drivers.”

“Yes and no. I don’t like working in it, but I know we need some sort of precipitation.”

“Yes, as long as it’s snow and not ice.”

“I’m not exactly happy because I have to drive to Kansas City today, but I will be happy if school is canceled.”

Comments

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

YES! I miss the big snows.

Morning T! Do we want to have a bonus conga line today since it will be difficult for posters to get out?

redhead_lovers_girl 7 years, 11 months ago

I FINALLY make it out of bed to be one of the first to post and it's for a stupid question!!!!

But sure - it's going to be pretty and since I don't have to get out in it, I'll probably just sit at the window, sip some hot tea and watch it fall for a while!

Happy Saturday!

southerngirl 7 years, 11 months ago

I miss snow! Never thought I'd say that, but here in the Mid-South we get day after day of rain-about 100 days a year they say which is rain every 3-4 days Considering that summer is the "dry season" with little to no rain, October -May is very, very soggy. I miss those days after a snow or even ice when the sun comes out and it's so very beautiful! Enjoy it!

trinity 7 years, 11 months ago

happy to see snow? yes. happy about ice&sleet? no.

happy saturday backatcha, redlg! that was sweet!

jonas 7 years, 11 months ago

Yes indeed, I absolutely love the snow, in fact, I would have to say that, of all weather, snow and ice is absolutely my favorite weather in which to go out and WHOA!!!AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! SQUEAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL SPIN CRASH BANG SMASH BOOM.

imagold 7 years, 11 months ago

This is Kansas. It's supposed to snow in the winter. Otherwise, we wouldn't enjoy spring, summer and fall as much. I can't imagine living somewhere without our four glorious seasons. Even ice can be beautiful glimmering off of the power lines and trees. It's just too bad it also causes power outages and wrecks, etc. Glad I have nowhere to go and a three day weekend.

Aileen Dingus 7 years, 11 months ago

I'm with Pywacket and biggunz. I'll be happy to see snow when it happens.

As to those who are going to move to somewhere there isn't any snow- do you need moving boxes? I'd be glad to contribute some to the cause.

ms_canada 7 years, 11 months ago

pywacket - you want real snow - 2 to 3 feet of it. Com'on up here and I'll give you 4 - 5 feet of it. I am sick of shovelling the dang stuff. Oh what the hey, it is good exercise, I suppose.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

snow? where? All I'm experiencing is the "naked human comfort zone."

If you can't run a snowmobile on it...it ain't snow.

saturday saturday saturDAY!

H_Lecter 7 years, 11 months ago

I had a three dog night once.

I was sooooo full.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

I am extraordinarily happy to see some snow. Or at least temperatures cold enough for ski hills to make snow. We've seen a bit of both in the last week.

I would like to echo Sarah, too. Ice bothers me a lot. I just marked one year since my accident last January, and I would prefer to avoid icy roads.

budwhysir 7 years, 11 months ago

Um, I havent seen any snow yet so I can answer this question, however, I can answer the following question,

Do you believe the weather people can predict weather?

No, I believe it is a game of chance, we should legalize gambling on the weather forcast here in lawrence and make it part of the lottery. we can generate tax revenues, people can make money, we can fund education, and we wont be mad if the weather does not turn out the way we wanted.

We would have to establish some type of help program for those that get addicted to weather gambling but this could be funded thru the sale of scratch off weather tickets, these would give you a 50/50 chance and would cost around five bucks.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

Hi everyone! Busy day!

Yes, I want lots of snow. This little bit to scrape just isn't cutting it. I want 2-3 feet of snow. Big pretty white flakes that remind us nature is in charge.

Sorry I pooped out on the conga line, Sue.

I

was

busy

watching

the

Jayhawks

barely

win

but

they

did

win.

Thanks.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 11 months ago

not much snow now, I think snow/sleet it's less than inche officially, just crunches a little under foot, sounds very loud. cars must drive carefully but walking isn't so bad.

while walking Gnomedog yesterday afternoon and this afternoon, I did, however, accumulate ice buildup in my beard.
doing okay here in the weather. they claim we're gonna get 3-5 more inches tomorrow...skeptical!
glad all of you seem to have happy indoor activities, including SS.

I'm fighting that krud going around, almost two weeks with it now, it is getting very old coughing etc. GO AWAY!

bearded_gnome 7 years, 11 months ago

under the "gene mapping" thread: "Posted by Marion ( Marion Lynn) on January 12, 2007 at 10:33 p.m. ( Suggest removal)

Hmmmmmm............................................................

What about vaccines for parasitic women?

Thanks.

Marion."

if Marion moves to a warmer locale, he'll be worried about "parasitic women!"

suppose those could be called "gold diggers?"

thanks

gnome

bearded_gnome 7 years, 11 months ago

but, what about those "parasitic women?" thanks

gnome

kg52 7 years, 11 months ago

I am looking for the place where there is no ice - it is sunny and warm but once it a while it snows on the grass and trees - dreaming yes but wouldn't it be loverly??