Previous   Next

What do you think of the use of interrogation vide

Asked at Checkers, 2300 La. on February 18, 2007

Browse the archives

“I think it depends on the case. If the defendant is changing their story, then I think it would be important.”

“I think it can be useful information for the jury to have as long as the defense also gets to use the footage for cross-examination.”

“I think it’s fair to use as evidence. They should be able to use whatever video they have to resolve the case.”

“At that point, the suspect has already been told that anything they say can be used against them. There’s no reason they shouldn’t be able to use it.”

Comments

Ragingbear 7 years, 2 months ago

I think this "Vide" they are referring to is the method of questioning where an old VHS tape is removed from the VCR and used to repeatedly strike the suspect in the head until it gets kinda sore. The tape is then returned to the VCR and resumes it's 8 hour recording of "Dr.Quinn, Medicine Woman".

vavs0929 7 years, 2 months ago

perhaps they can make the pictures a smidge bigger so we can actually see who made the comment.

UGH.. one day you cant even see them clearly, the next they are super tiny.

conceptual_continuity 7 years, 2 months ago

vide [L.]

see; refer to (a certain page, etc.)

Webster's New World Dictionary 1984

OldEnuf2BYurDad 7 years, 2 months ago

"How about just asking the perp some pointed questions?"

That IS interrogation.

prospector 7 years, 2 months ago

The video of this interrogation would be worth watching.

"So, what card tricks was he doing with your wife that so upset you?"

Napoleon_Dynomite 7 years, 2 months ago

I was alway partial to the lucky charms leprechaun.

prospector 7 years, 2 months ago

I don't think about it. They will use it whether we like it or not. The genie is out of the bottle. Are cameras in the police cars here?

snap_pop, thanks for the Crackle update. Such a big fall. I guess that being able to work, even in milk, does not get you all you want. Is rehab in his future?

Is the Paris Hilton/Crackle/Britney threesome video just a rumor? I heard he had their underwear on his head.

paladin 7 years, 2 months ago

Conantia frangere frangunt. Just dummy up.

beatrice 7 years, 2 months ago

Cap'n Crunch, now there is a real cereal mascot. That sea-hardened fella takes smack off of nobody -- real set of brass crunch-berries on that one.

Now, back to the topic -- I think video interrogations are good, as long as they remember to turn the cameras on only after the torture and beating.

hitme 7 years, 2 months ago

Oh, are you saying that the root of Crackle is Crack?

Flap Doodle 7 years, 2 months ago

Well, I could say that it's just the result of a general down-sizing in the cereal business, but that's not the whole story. You ever see the movie "Sid & Nancy"? Crackle is pretty much the Sid Vicious of the ceral mascot world. We got tired of the lies, the booze, bailing him out of jail... There was that incident in Kyoto last month & we can't even tour in Italy anymore. "Sid", that's all that Toucan Sam ever calls him any more. "Hey, Sid, got any smack? And I don't mean Sugar Smacks!" and then he laughs that idiot bird-laugh of his.

hitme 7 years, 2 months ago

what's up with crackle... is there a prejudice?

justsomewench 7 years, 2 months ago

tell them they're being represented by Marion. they'd accompany the confession with a puppet show and interpretive dance.

paladin 7 years, 2 months ago

Make them eat the 2111 peanut butter and film their facial expressions. That would be fun. Put it on You Tube.

paladin 7 years, 2 months ago

I really can't see any use for interrogation at all. Is that like torture? How about just asking the perp some pointed questions? Maybe he, or she, would cooperate. Especially if he, or she, knew it was all being recorded by a VIDEO camera.

justsomewench 7 years, 2 months ago

indeed...since the English language has worked out so well for them...

no wonder why they're interjecting so much video on the site. spelling is not required.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 2 months ago

I think the LJW just conjugates their Latin verbs wrong. Is the OTS writing in Latin? This could be a problem.

paladin 7 years, 2 months ago

I knew a guy, not me, who was being interrogated one time by some big French Legionnaires. He had a vision of some camels humping. It may have something to do with that. Maybe not.

Flap Doodle 7 years, 2 months ago

Is there a shrtage f 'o's tday? f curse, I culd be wrng.

justsomewench 7 years, 2 months ago

Posted by hottruckinmama (anonymous) on February 18, 2007 at 6:48 a.m. (Suggest removal)

i dunno. never heard of an interrogation vide.

perhaps it's french - some sort of pastry pestering.

Bladerunner 7 years, 2 months ago

I wish there was a tiny picture of my head next to my opinion. (sigh)

paladin 7 years, 2 months ago

"Vini Vide Vici" has to do with having a huge Caesar salad for lunch. I'm not quite sure what it has to do with being interrogated. But, I've never been really interrogated harshly. I think a transfer credit analyst is someone who analyses credit transfers and gets paid to do it, for some reason.

jonas 7 years, 2 months ago

hmmmm, that's. . . . interesting. I didn't know he was capable of branching out.

kansasdaughter 7 years, 2 months ago

Heather's job, 'transfer credit analyst'~~what is that?

Flap Doodle 7 years, 2 months ago

jonas, the book cited is non-fiction. Grisham is branching out.

jonas 7 years, 2 months ago

Wait, wait, wait.

Did you just cite! a John Grisham novel to make a point?

LawSW 7 years, 2 months ago

Video-taping is a good CYA for the police department to use to protect themselves and confessions can be used as evidence--especially damaging to the alleged perpetrator when there is no DNA evidence. There have been cases where an innocent person has been interrogated for 8+ hours, are exhausted, badgered, and finally confess just to get the officers to stop. Read John Grisham's latest book "An Innocent Man."

Flap Doodle 7 years, 2 months ago

I liked the part where they cut the werewolf's head off & a bunch of giant worms flew out.

hottruckinmama 7 years, 2 months ago

i dunno. never heard of an interrogation vide.

jonas 7 years, 2 months ago

What the heck is an "Interrogation vide?" Is that some sort of strait-jacket or something?