Previous   Next

What are you doing on Super Bowl Sunday?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on February 4, 2007

Browse the archives

“I’m going over to a friend’s house. It’s really more of a family thing with the kids - lots of video games and football.”

“I live in the dorms, so it will probably be on in the lobby. But I’m really not that big of a football fan except for KU football.”

“My friend is having a party in Kansas City. Just the typical beer, food and good friends. This will be the second annual gathering.”

“Going over to our neighbor’s house to watch the game and nosh on delicious snacks.”

Comments

ive_got_my_ascot_n_my_dickie 8 years, 7 months ago

3of5, I'm sorry to hear of your concerns about your family. Hopefully things will work out for the best and allow you to enjoy some recreational activity together on a Sunday; such as enjoying a Super Bowl together.

number3of5 8 years, 7 months ago

Same thing I do every Sunday. The super bowl game is not an issue in my house. Sports are not watched. We lead simple lives with concerns more for our families, not games.

hottruckinmama 8 years, 7 months ago

cooking most of the day. my kids are having friends over. we are having salsa and chips, white chili, regular chili, spinich artichoke dip,hot wings...i hope i haven't forgotten anything! if i have a chance i may sit down and watch the game too!

Redneckgal 8 years, 7 months ago

We are having a party at my house. Its been cold and nasty so long that we are all getting stir crazy. This is just what we need to break up the boredom a little bit.

querulousperson 8 years, 7 months ago

Sports are not watched. The computer is used. Comments are made on discussion boards. Less simple people are made to feel inferior to 3of5.

paladin 8 years, 7 months ago

Reading the Holy Word (Bible), prayer, and holding hands and staring at the wall. It is Sunday, after all.

roger_o_thornhill 8 years, 7 months ago

Isn't it "gnosh"? Anyways, Super what? Is this some kind of Ron Popiel invention? I thought bowls were bowls. Now there's Super ones? What, do they never become empty or something?

Here's hoping the LPD and HyPo's will be on patrol tonight.

southerngirl 8 years, 7 months ago

Kids are having friends over eating junk food and watching the commercials and half time show.

budwhysir 8 years, 7 months ago

Well, as you all know, I will be watching the game and putting more of a political spin on the whole sports issue. I feel that politicaly speaking, many of the universities could receive a small fund from this game that would allow for upkeep of the said universities. Politicaly speaking.

The other thing I will be doing is putting together a list of items needed for a tailgate party at the new home away from home football game

paladin 8 years, 7 months ago

But, God forbid, the murder of bunnies and the playing of sports games are never done on Sundays. The Bible forbids this, as everyone should know.

Father_Guido_Sarducci 8 years, 7 months ago

Moments before kickoff I will say a prayer of peace and safety for all of those who will be in attendance at today's big game.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 7 months ago

Eating good food at my momma's house with all of my siblings in attendance. We are currently eating "Buffalo wing dip," watching "The Dirty Dozen" on the boob tube and contemplating the wherefores and whys of the world. Mostly laughing and thinking of a good prank to play on my nephew. Any ideas? (I left the "granny panties" that I was going to wedge into his car's backseat at home so I have to come up with something else.)

KS 8 years, 7 months ago

jimjones - Couldn't agree with you more!

paladin 8 years, 7 months ago

And the Lord, too, created football players. And, behold, there was football playing and alas, the Superbowl. All is as it should be and all is right with God's world. Even on a Sunday. All God's bunnies should rejoice and hop on away.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 7 months ago

yes, RI, I, too, enjoyed the BMH and surely hated to see it go!

"doing? we don't need no stupid doings?"

heard a lovely recital this afternoon, am not a football fan, wish the fans well though. I was a football fan as a teen, loved the Oakland Raiders before they became the Los Angeles traitors for money and thus disillusioned this teen gnome. also, here, we prefer to spell "gnosh" when you gnaw on gnoshables. gee wizz.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 7 months ago

understood. "alabaster" was a common term invoked on BMH.