Previous   Next

What are you looking forward to in 2008?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 31, 2007

Browse the archives

“The election. I’m excited to see some change and the direction the country is going in.”

“The Orange Bowl. I’m leaving at 6 a.m. on the 1st, so I’ll have to sleep through New Year’s Eve. I hope it’s worth it.”

“Getting out of this war; it’s just a disaster.”

“A whole new life. I just moved back to Lawrence from San Francisco two days ago. So I’m looking forward to a new job, new apartment, a new everything.”

Comments

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

"Getting out of this war; it's just a disaster."

• E.J. Mills, insurance agent,, Lawrence

Although I share the sentiment, I can't say I find this to be particularly likely.

preebo 6 years, 9 months ago

I agree with the first two individuals... The election is probably the first thing I look forward to in 08; the next would be ending the occupation of Iraq.

...hey we could experience both, vote for Kucinich or Edwards and we'll be out and in a new direction on Inauguration Day.

conservativepunker 6 years, 9 months ago

The Reivers reunion in Austin and X going on tour in March.

Richard Heckler 6 years, 9 months ago

Flap Doodle 6 years, 9 months ago

Not exactly looking forward to, but expecting: merrill posting the same links another 5,632 times.

chemegirlie 6 years, 9 months ago

Finishing my engineering degree in May!

blackwalnut 6 years, 9 months ago

Voting for Dennis Kucinich.

Voting out the party that ruined America.

adriennerm 6 years, 9 months ago

A new place to live...I hate my apartment. My lease is over with April 30, 2008!!!! Whoo Hooo

sgtwolverine 6 years, 9 months ago

I would like to look forward to being able to avoid political hyperbole, but obviously, that's not going to happen.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 9 months ago

getting some rest the end of the year is just to jammed packed with stuff in my family we have 6 birthdays christmas new years and what ever pops up, so yeah peace and quiet. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

ms_canada 6 years, 9 months ago

The Canadian political scene is usually so dull that watching American shenanigans is more interesting, sooooooo I am looking forward to seeing what the election brings. Nov. 1 will bring my 4th year posting on this opinion forum to a close. It has been fun and educational for me. And just maybe some of you have learned a few things about your northern neighbours, I hope. I would also like to see some peace in the middle east countries but I am not hopeful. Your Bush has completely messed things up there and I feel so bad for the Afghanis, Iraqis and Pakistanis. They are the real losers. Can you imagine living in one of those countries?

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 9 months ago

do not know why but my caps are not working.

ms_canada 6 years, 9 months ago

OH yes, I forgot to say, I really hope all of you will have a super good year for 2008. All the best. I have come to look upon so many of you as good friends. Cheers!!!!!

dminear60 6 years, 9 months ago

The end of the Bush Administration. The soldiers coming home from Iraq. The KU Jayhawks winning the Big Dance and the Chiefs getting rid of Carl Peterson. One can always hope.

coneflower 6 years, 9 months ago

Cheney being impeached as H.Res 333 makes it out of the House Judiciary Committee.

Logan5 6 years, 9 months ago

I know what RT would say if he were here:

Al Gore being exposed as the fraud that he is, all the far-left secular progressives emigrating to France, Cal Thomas winning the Pulitzer prize, and Rudy as the next president with Ann Coulter as Secretary of State.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

killjoy 6 years, 9 months ago

All the banned sign-ons get restored

sunflower_sue 6 years, 9 months ago

OMGosh! Sgt, what a great movie star you make! A sexy leading man! RI, truly hillarious! Happy New Year's Eve Ya'll!

camper 6 years, 9 months ago

The Reivers reunion would be great. Are they comming to Lawrence?

mom_of_three 6 years, 9 months ago

my eldest graduating from high school in 2008

Crossfire 6 years, 9 months ago

Can't wait for another year Kansas Who-Do. The Phill's and The Fred's... The Right v. The Left. Spy v. Spy.

labmonkey 6 years, 9 months ago

All of you who think electing a new president or congress will change corruption are living a pipe dream. All politicians are corrupt and say what they think people want to hear to get elected. You still have a bunch of rich, out of touch politicians who think they speak for the average American when they have no idea what we think.

That said, I look forward to McCain's comeback and election as he at least is candid and will speak without handlers telling him what to say or what some poll says.

Personally, I look forward to finally buying a house as prices keep dropping.

Confrontation 6 years, 9 months ago

I look forward to:

Invading Canada Making "Blame Canada" from South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut the new national anthem Banning Nelly Furtado, Celine Dion, and Alanis Morissette music Oh, and we must ban this guy, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howie_Ma...

conservativepunker 6 years, 9 months ago

Camper- I doubt it. Last time I spoke to Cindy and Kim, it sounds like a one-off in Austin. Date has not been set yet, but keep checking The Austin Chronicle website. :)

labmonkey 6 years, 9 months ago

Oh yea....and Guns and Roses finally releasing Chinese Democracy (I believe you Axl, I really do).

jgragg 6 years, 9 months ago

My husband coming home from Iraq!!

ksdivakat 6 years, 9 months ago

jgragg.................I wish that for you too! A very safe and happy return for him in 2008!!!

labmonkey 6 years, 9 months ago

Windlass....you sure as hell better not be talking about the soldiers. These people volunteer so you don't have to be drafted. A very, very classless remark.

sourpuss 6 years, 9 months ago

World peace.

Oh wait, this is Earth. Never mind.

Open your parachute and grab your gun Falling down like an omen, a setting sun

acg 6 years, 9 months ago

Of course, the obvious, can't wait for BushCo to leave office. But the thing I'm really looking forward to is my daughter being done with the terrible 2's. I think that should be wearing off soon, from what I've read and people have told me and I seriously can't wait because if this child doesn't stop it, I'm going to lose my freakin' mind, people!!!

GretchenJP 6 years, 9 months ago

The aliens finishing up with the a**l probes.