Previous   Next

What are you looking forward to in 2008?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 31, 2007

Browse the archives

“The election. I’m excited to see some change and the direction the country is going in.”

“The Orange Bowl. I’m leaving at 6 a.m. on the 1st, so I’ll have to sleep through New Year’s Eve. I hope it’s worth it.”

“Getting out of this war; it’s just a disaster.”

“A whole new life. I just moved back to Lawrence from San Francisco two days ago. So I’m looking forward to a new job, new apartment, a new everything.”

Comments

GretchenJP 6 years, 3 months ago

The aliens finishing up with the a**l probes.

Windlass 6 years, 3 months ago

Windlass:.you sure as hell better not be talking about the soldiers. These people volunteer so you don't have to be drafted. A very, very classless remark.

Ahem, who else is dickin' around in the world, mucking it up for around $3 tril? Maybe there should be a draft if we've got that kind of money to burn - just throw everybody into this good, good thing we've got, this war, huh? Except that I'm going to go home tonight, switch on the news, and listen to yet another daily report of "no progress anywhere, but more people killed."

Stupid really. Very, very stupid.

acg 6 years, 3 months ago

Of course, the obvious, can't wait for BushCo to leave office. But the thing I'm really looking forward to is my daughter being done with the terrible 2's. I think that should be wearing off soon, from what I've read and people have told me and I seriously can't wait because if this child doesn't stop it, I'm going to lose my freakin' mind, people!!!

madmike 6 years, 3 months ago

Headlines I Would Like to See in 2008 1. The rest of the United States votes to throw California out of the union. 2. Arizona, Utah and Idaho build wall to keep the left on the left coast. 3. Kucinich put in nut house, where he belongs. 4. Osama Bin Laden with his head on a pike in front of the White house. 5. Al gore exposed as the snake-oil salesman he really is...Exiled to California. 6. Hillary runs and is elected as the Shrew in charge of California. They deserve it!

easy_mark 6 years, 3 months ago

A visit from the flying spaghetti monster.

DirtyLinen 6 years, 3 months ago

blackwalnut (Anonymous) says:

"Voting out the party that ruined America."

I completely agree ... we need for the Republicans to re-take both houses of the legislature.

militant 6 years, 3 months ago

Dusting off some nuclear weapons and cleaning up the world. In the long run, it's the right thing to do.

faceit 6 years, 3 months ago

The aliens will return and then you'll all see that Scientology is for real!!!!

sourpuss 6 years, 3 months ago

World peace.

Oh wait, this is Earth. Never mind.

Open your parachute and grab your gun Falling down like an omen, a setting sun

prospector 6 years, 3 months ago

Going back to Beaver. It is on the way during my pilgrimage to Munjor.

Cheers to all.

Tom Shewmon 6 years, 3 months ago

"Al Gore being exposed as the fraud that he is, all the far-left secular progressives emigrating to France, Cal Thomas winning the Pulitzer prize, and Rudy as the next president with Ann Coulter as Secretary of State." -Logan5

Al Gore does not need to exposed as a fraud in my opinion. All the far-left SP's live in France in heart and mind. Cal Thomas would never win the Pulitzer Prize....not his goal...exposing the far-lefts lunacy is his main goal. Rudy will be the next president and I would prefer Ann Coulter keeps writing books that peels back the layers of the left and exposes their folly....drives you guys batsh*t crazy apparently.

Happy New Year!

labmonkey 6 years, 3 months ago

Windlass....you sure as hell better not be talking about the soldiers. These people volunteer so you don't have to be drafted. A very, very classless remark.

Windlass 6 years, 3 months ago

My husband coming home from Iraq!!

Yep, the sooner the better given what these idiots have cost and continue to cost this country and there's not a damn thing to show for it.

ksdivakat 6 years, 3 months ago

jgragg.................I wish that for you too! A very safe and happy return for him in 2008!!!

jgragg 6 years, 3 months ago

My husband coming home from Iraq!!

labmonkey 6 years, 3 months ago

Oh yea....and Guns and Roses finally releasing Chinese Democracy (I believe you Axl, I really do).

conservativepunker 6 years, 3 months ago

Camper- I doubt it. Last time I spoke to Cindy and Kim, it sounds like a one-off in Austin. Date has not been set yet, but keep checking The Austin Chronicle website. :)

Confrontation 6 years, 3 months ago

I look forward to:

Invading Canada Making "Blame Canada" from South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut the new national anthem Banning Nelly Furtado, Celine Dion, and Alanis Morissette music Oh, and we must ban this guy, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howie_Ma...

labmonkey 6 years, 3 months ago

All of you who think electing a new president or congress will change corruption are living a pipe dream. All politicians are corrupt and say what they think people want to hear to get elected. You still have a bunch of rich, out of touch politicians who think they speak for the average American when they have no idea what we think.

That said, I look forward to McCain's comeback and election as he at least is candid and will speak without handlers telling him what to say or what some poll says.

Personally, I look forward to finally buying a house as prices keep dropping.

Crossfire 6 years, 3 months ago

Can't wait for another year Kansas Who-Do. The Phill's and The Fred's... The Right v. The Left. Spy v. Spy.

mom_of_three 6 years, 3 months ago

my eldest graduating from high school in 2008

camper 6 years, 3 months ago

The Reivers reunion would be great. Are they comming to Lawrence?

sunflower_sue 6 years, 3 months ago

OMGosh! Sgt, what a great movie star you make! A sexy leading man! RI, truly hillarious! Happy New Year's Eve Ya'll!

killjoy 6 years, 3 months ago

All the banned sign-ons get restored

Windlass 6 years, 3 months ago

Vacating my apartment, and living someplace where folks aren't so corrupt.

Logan5 6 years, 3 months ago

I know what RT would say if he were here:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

coneflower 6 years, 3 months ago

Cheney being impeached as H.Res 333 makes it out of the House Judiciary Committee.

dminear60 6 years, 3 months ago

The end of the Bush Administration. The soldiers coming home from Iraq. The KU Jayhawks winning the Big Dance and the Chiefs getting rid of Carl Peterson. One can always hope.

ms_canada 6 years, 3 months ago

OH yes, I forgot to say, I really hope all of you will have a super good year for 2008. All the best. I have come to look upon so many of you as good friends. Cheers!!!!!

Silence_Dogood 6 years, 3 months ago

Lauren, Get out while you can!! SF is much better than this hole!

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 3 months ago

do not know why but my caps are not working.

ms_canada 6 years, 3 months ago

The Canadian political scene is usually so dull that watching American shenanigans is more interesting, sooooooo I am looking forward to seeing what the election brings. Nov. 1 will bring my 4th year posting on this opinion forum to a close. It has been fun and educational for me. And just maybe some of you have learned a few things about your northern neighbours, I hope. I would also like to see some peace in the middle east countries but I am not hopeful. Your Bush has completely messed things up there and I feel so bad for the Afghanis, Iraqis and Pakistanis. They are the real losers. Can you imagine living in one of those countries?

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 3 months ago

getting some rest the end of the year is just to jammed packed with stuff in my family we have 6 birthdays christmas new years and what ever pops up, so yeah peace and quiet. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

sgtwolverine 6 years, 3 months ago

I would like to look forward to being able to avoid political hyperbole, but obviously, that's not going to happen.

adriennerm 6 years, 3 months ago

A new place to live...I hate my apartment. My lease is over with April 30, 2008!!!! Whoo Hooo

blackwalnut 6 years, 3 months ago

Voting for Dennis Kucinich.

Voting out the party that ruined America.

chemegirlie 6 years, 3 months ago

Finishing my engineering degree in May!

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

Not exactly looking forward to, but expecting: merrill posting the same links another 5,632 times.

Richard Heckler 6 years, 3 months ago

goatdog 6 years, 3 months ago

Hey stupid american christian pigs! You're going to lose your war! Your greedy christian war! You're going to lose your war! Your filthy christian war!

conservativepunker 6 years, 3 months ago

The Reivers reunion in Austin and X going on tour in March.

preebo 6 years, 3 months ago

I agree with the first two individuals... The election is probably the first thing I look forward to in 08; the next would be ending the occupation of Iraq.

...hey we could experience both, vote for Kucinich or Edwards and we'll be out and in a new direction on Inauguration Day.

Reality_Check 6 years, 3 months ago

A new president; a Congress that has guts to stand up to the current one; a serious reduction in troops in Iraq; an increase in troops in Afghanistan; gold to top $1500; oil to touch $150 briefly; real estate to drop another 5-10%; the stock market to have a 10-15% correction in the first and second quarters; the public to realize that inflation is getting out of control (already is, but govt. won't admit it because it manipulates the data); right wing laypeople to wake up to global warming.

Damian666 6 years, 3 months ago

Yhe end of time as we know it.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 3 months ago

The second coming of ABBA, more choices of absinthe, less abstinence, the 2008 bacon of the month club, and the new Rambo movie.

jonas 6 years, 3 months ago

"Getting out of this war; it's just a disaster."

• E.J. Mills, insurance agent,, Lawrence

Although I share the sentiment, I can't say I find this to be particularly likely.