Previous   Next

What subjects were your strong suits in school?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 20, 2007

Browse the archives

“That would probably be English and history. But I wasn’t good with math or science. I was functional; that’s about it.”

“Art and social studies, I guess. I wasn’t as good at math, but I’m much better at it now.”

“English and math. I didn’t like math, but I could do it.”

“History and social studies, and I’m a history major now.”

Comments

jonas 7 years, 6 months ago

English. I done always write goodly.

preebo 7 years, 6 months ago

Science, particularly biology and chemistry, and Math. Then again I went to school in California, where they taught them both. Huntington Beach High School... Go Oilers!

juscin3 7 years, 6 months ago

LOL@blue's answer. Good one. Had to have a smart arse some where in the bunch! Happy Thursday everyone! TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YA TOMORROW...walks out singing joyfully

Joe Hyde 7 years, 6 months ago

Upland game bird hunting, and fishing.

mom_of_three 7 years, 6 months ago

did well in history and always loved it.

canyon_wren 7 years, 6 months ago

I never was "strong" in anything because I didn't do all my homework. Best subject, and the most fun, was chorus and it's something that's been useful the rest of my life! English was easy for me--and I liked it-- but I settled for B's when, with a little work, I couldn't have gotten A's.

canyon_wren 7 years, 6 months ago

I mean I COULD have gotten A's--I think!

sgtwolverine 7 years, 6 months ago

None of them. I wasn't much for school.

dajudge 7 years, 6 months ago

I was good at rocket science and brain surgery.

Flap Doodle 7 years, 6 months ago

Flint knapping & making fire by rubbing two Neanderthals together.

ms_canada 7 years, 6 months ago

Yeh!!! GO OILERS for sure. I don't know just why, but I have always had a fascination with things past. I would give anything to be able to actually look at the lives of people way back when. Even to the cave. Reading history, sometimes I would just like to shake those people and say, "why the hell don't you do sucn and such, it is so obviously the right way to do it." Example: in the early cities, people would just dump there garbage, chamber pots, dead animals etc. into the street. And then they would walk the streets with hankies soaked in perfume over their nose to cover the smell. I mean, how blasted stupid can you be. The term for toilet in Europe is commonly the loo. Do you know how that came about? At one time French was a fairly common language in much of Europe and the french for water is l'leau. When emptying the chamber pot out of the upstairs window in the morning the maid would first yell out to those below, "Gardez le leau." Watch out for the water You can get the rest of the progression to the use of the loo. See what I mean by the fascination of history. It is really a study of the mind of man down thru the centuries, I think.

sheshapes 7 years, 6 months ago

Social studies. And ditto on dodge ball.

Flap Doodle 7 years, 6 months ago

ms_c, in Lawrence, they wave the wheat. What does one wave at Oilers' games?

ms_canada 7 years, 6 months ago

Towels, some of the teams give them out.