Previous   Next

What are your predictions for this year’s KU football season?

Asked at Jayhawk Boulevard on August 30, 2007

Browse the archives

“I think we have a pretty good schedule, so I think we’re going to do well this season.”

“I think we’ll do better than 6-6, but not too much better. I’m not expecting 10-2 or anything like that.”

“I’m going to be hopeful and say they’re going to have a good season. It’s always more fun when they do.”

“I think it will be 6-6, and we’ll get a small bowl game.”

Comments

a2thek 6 years, 7 months ago

As long as we beat K-state and Mizzou, who cares about the rest of the season. Hate goes back a long way. K-State and MU have always been dirty teams with dirty players. Ku will shock the hell out of alot of people this year with probably only lose to A&M and Nebraska. Mangino has a real team this year, watch out...I will bet any K-State fan or Mu fan that we got your number this year. Step up and put your money where your mouths are or shut up.

Sigmund 6 years, 7 months ago

I think retail sales will be down 2-3% from last year.

Kristen Murphy 6 years, 7 months ago

Um thank you norsk_reporter. There is no way on K-State's turf. Not gonna happen. But thanks though!

norsk_reporter 6 years, 7 months ago

K-State will not lose to KU this year. I think the hawks stand a fair chance in the other games.

perkins 6 years, 7 months ago

If Johny was a butthead in class, maybe the good kids will mete out a little game of chase on the playground. Might be best for everyone. Teacher monitors should be able to prevent most uncalled for activity. But to ban tag is throwing the baby out with the bath water. There is an obesity problem in this country for cryin' out loud.

The fifth grade teachers at one local school have decided that the afternoon recess should be abolished because the kids need instruction (to pass all those darned tests) more than they need recess. The one teacher opposing this is frustrated to no end. Parents should complain, loudly.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 7 months ago

consumer1, It is happening all over. Attleboro, MA., Cheyenne, WY., Spokane, WA., Charleston, SC, Colorado Springs, CO, Falcon, CO, Wichita, KS, San Jose, CA, Tonganoxie, KS, Boston, MA; San Jose, CA; and Beaverton, OR. Dodgeball, soccer, touch football, kickball, are all in danger. The P.C. aspect of banning Tag really torques my shorts. But those who have banned tag have also said it poses an inherent physical danger. Some schools are even posting signs that read "No Running On The Playground".
Have you noticed the alarming rate that playground equipment is being removed from playgrounds? Kindergarten through third grade is the crucial period in which to allow kids to develop basic movement skills. Almost 40 percent of U.S. school districts either have eliminated recess or are considering eliminating it.

These are dangerous times, and we must stop this viral epidemic before it destroys the fabric of our nation.

gogoplata 6 years, 7 months ago

daddax98, sorry man I didn't mean to copy you. I guess great minds think alike.

Pywacket 6 years, 7 months ago

I predict that I will enjoy shopping and going out to dinner in Lawrence much more on the days when they have away games rather than home games.

Haiku~ So...in other words, you're predicting that the big guy will go on a strenuous fitness regimen and lose enough to fit into the svelte size you mention?

What about Statues? Is Statues banned?

Everybody who needs it, repeat after me: you're...... you're...... you're..... (You know who you are)

consumer1 6 years, 7 months ago

thanks Blue, Hmmm. Seems a little bit far fetched to me, what is next kick ball? I mean it does have the word kick in it.

thebigspoon 6 years, 7 months ago

They had better be 4 and 0 after the first 4 games. Even at that i think that 6 and 6 is a stretch.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 7 months ago

Colorado is behind the times! Tonganoxie banned playground tag last year.

Gootsie, your the new grandma, so...your it! (Run, grandma, run!!!)

dminear60 6 years, 7 months ago

KU is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Nine and three.

blue73harley 6 years, 7 months ago

consumer1 - check out TOB's 10:01 post.

consumer1 6 years, 7 months ago

Ninja, what a brave soul ! I applaud you. R.I. WHo banned tag???? Did i miss an article?

prospector 6 years, 7 months ago

My prediction, win some lose some.

Grammy Gootsie, Congrats! Been a good year, eh? Have you quit grinning yet? Be careful making those Ashland runs.

R_I, I'm in.

just_another_ninja 6 years, 7 months ago

Central Michigan (Home) - W SE Louisiana (Home) - W Toledo (Home) - W Florida International (Home) - W Kansas State - W Baylor (Home) - W Colorado - L Texas A&M - L Nebraska (Home) - L Oklahoma State - L Iowa State (Home) - W Missouri*** (effin Arrowhead) - W

There ya go. I show 8 possible... 7 should be... 5-6 likely. What an easy schedule.

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 7 months ago

R_I is bullying us again. Make it stop.

JJE007 6 years, 7 months ago

I predict that the KU football season will cause traffic congestion, increase drunk driving, lead to multiple injuries, reduce academic productivity, entertain fools, anger fans, lead to increasse in sunburns, colds, flus and bad band music. I'm generally a negative kind of a guy, though, in case you couldn't guess!~)

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 7 months ago

Ye Gods? They ban the game of Tag, and thats all you can say? This trend has to be stopped. Stopped right now. This is a virulent virus attacking America and the world. We must hit this head on with overwhelming force and might.
This P.C., namby-pamby, insipid, nebbish, prosaic, mollycoddle attitude is the force driving the decline of western civilization. Do you want a palsied America, and that for which it stands? It starts out infecting playgrounds, then keeps replicating, eventually engulfing nations.
This must be eradicated with out remorse.

Free to Tag, Free to Tag, Free to Tag.

Your either with me, or your against me.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 7 months ago

They will win; they will lose. Passes will be caught and dropped; blocks will be made and missed; penalties will be committed; infants will be potty trained; coaches will yell; uniforms will become dirty.

Gootsie 6 years, 7 months ago

I hope 7-5 also. I'm predicting that they will play. I'm so good, I'll even predict WHO they will play, if you want.

C1-good points!

Flap Doodle 6 years, 7 months ago

D_U gets the Golden Fruitcake so far.

The_Original_Bob 6 years, 7 months ago

7 - 5. Anything less would be considered a poor season. East Coast Lew's magic trick with the schedule where we lose a home game to our rival and have it replaced with Southern Florida School for the Terminally Inept is awesome. I love it. Our home Big 12 schedule consists of Baylor, Nebraska, and Iowa State. F'n. Awesome. And the Nebraska tickets are $75. Even for infants. Brilliance.

Das_Ubermime 6 years, 7 months ago

Partly cloudy with scattered showers in the area.

Haiku_Cuckoo 6 years, 7 months ago

I'm predicting 75-30....not game record, but rather Mangino's pants size by the end of the season.

trinity 6 years, 7 months ago

i thought i was either seeing double or that ots staff had interviewed the same young lady twice! once with a hat once without...ellen&rachel confused me!

'Hawks football season? 50/50, lol. but i sure do love hearing ads for 'em&hearing the fight song in the background! :-) ROCK CHALK&all that good stuff!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 7 months ago

If I had the talent for prognostication, I would be $314.3 millon ahead....

consumer1 6 years, 7 months ago

I don't think we have any lawbreaking thugs on the current roster, so maybe they will have an unmarred "winning" season !! Go ethical, hard working, honest and dedicated JAYHAWKS !!! You know this team takes a lot of crap, but the truth is, there a many many very good guys playing with the Hawks and they deserve our respect and support for this season. GO HAWKS

jimjones 6 years, 7 months ago

5-6 We'll win the easy games and hopefully fire Mangino after the season

Marc Mondi 6 years, 7 months ago

6-6 and a bowl game is wishful thinking... with the cupcake non-con schedule, the Hawks will have to get at least 7 wins to be thinking bowl game.