Previous   Next

What are your predictions for this year’s KU football season?

Asked at Jayhawk Boulevard on August 30, 2007

Browse the archives

“I think we have a pretty good schedule, so I think we’re going to do well this season.”

“I think we’ll do better than 6-6, but not too much better. I’m not expecting 10-2 or anything like that.”

“I’m going to be hopeful and say they’re going to have a good season. It’s always more fun when they do.”

“I think it will be 6-6, and we’ll get a small bowl game.”

Comments

Marc Mondi 7 years, 3 months ago

6-6 and a bowl game is wishful thinking... with the cupcake non-con schedule, the Hawks will have to get at least 7 wins to be thinking bowl game.

trinity 7 years, 3 months ago

i thought i was either seeing double or that ots staff had interviewed the same young lady twice! once with a hat once without...ellen&rachel confused me!

'Hawks football season? 50/50, lol. but i sure do love hearing ads for 'em&hearing the fight song in the background! :-) ROCK CHALK&all that good stuff!

Haiku_Cuckoo 7 years, 3 months ago

I'm predicting 75-30....not game record, but rather Mangino's pants size by the end of the season.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 3 months ago

I hope 7-5 also. I'm predicting that they will play. I'm so good, I'll even predict WHO they will play, if you want.

C1-good points!

sgtwolverine 7 years, 3 months ago

They will win; they will lose. Passes will be caught and dropped; blocks will be made and missed; penalties will be committed; infants will be potty trained; coaches will yell; uniforms will become dirty.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 3 months ago

I predict that the KU football season will cause traffic congestion, increase drunk driving, lead to multiple injuries, reduce academic productivity, entertain fools, anger fans, lead to increasse in sunburns, colds, flus and bad band music. I'm generally a negative kind of a guy, though, in case you couldn't guess!~)

just_another_ninja 7 years, 3 months ago

Central Michigan (Home) - W SE Louisiana (Home) - W Toledo (Home) - W Florida International (Home) - W Kansas State - W Baylor (Home) - W Colorado - L Texas A&M - L Nebraska (Home) - L Oklahoma State - L Iowa State (Home) - W Missouri*** (effin Arrowhead) - W

There ya go. I show 8 possible... 7 should be... 5-6 likely. What an easy schedule.

dminear60 7 years, 3 months ago

KU is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Nine and three.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 3 months ago

Colorado is behind the times! Tonganoxie banned playground tag last year.

Gootsie, your the new grandma, so...your it! (Run, grandma, run!!!)

thebigspoon 7 years, 3 months ago

They had better be 4 and 0 after the first 4 games. Even at that i think that 6 and 6 is a stretch.

gogoplata 7 years, 3 months ago

daddax98, sorry man I didn't mean to copy you. I guess great minds think alike.

perkins 7 years, 3 months ago

If Johny was a butthead in class, maybe the good kids will mete out a little game of chase on the playground. Might be best for everyone. Teacher monitors should be able to prevent most uncalled for activity. But to ban tag is throwing the baby out with the bath water. There is an obesity problem in this country for cryin' out loud.

The fifth grade teachers at one local school have decided that the afternoon recess should be abolished because the kids need instruction (to pass all those darned tests) more than they need recess. The one teacher opposing this is frustrated to no end. Parents should complain, loudly.

norsk_reporter 7 years, 3 months ago

K-State will not lose to KU this year. I think the hawks stand a fair chance in the other games.

Kristen Murphy 7 years, 3 months ago

Um thank you norsk_reporter. There is no way on K-State's turf. Not gonna happen. But thanks though!

Sigmund 7 years, 3 months ago

I think retail sales will be down 2-3% from last year.

a2thek 7 years, 3 months ago

As long as we beat K-state and Mizzou, who cares about the rest of the season. Hate goes back a long way. K-State and MU have always been dirty teams with dirty players. Ku will shock the hell out of alot of people this year with probably only lose to A&M and Nebraska. Mangino has a real team this year, watch out...I will bet any K-State fan or Mu fan that we got your number this year. Step up and put your money where your mouths are or shut up.