Previous   Next

Are you involved in any type of religious organization on campus?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 18, 2007

Browse the archives

“No. I come from a very Catholic family, though, so I’d like to find somewhere in Lawrence.”

“Not at all. I’ve had negative experiences with organized religion in the past.”

“I go to services at St. Lawrence Catholic Campus Center. They e-mailed me an invitation before I came to KU.”

“I’m not. I just attend my church at home.”

Related story

Comments

Kevin Sontag 7 years, 1 month ago

I attend a few churches: Our Lady of Great Agony, St. Frances McDormand, and Our Lady of Perpetual Motion. I'm also a bishop in the Church of the All Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster. And I also tithe to the Great Lord Xenu, in the hopes that one day we can rid the world of those awful Scientologists.

yourworstnightmare 7 years, 1 month ago

I also hear that the Church of Blind Obedience for Non-Thinking Sheep has a good service. They really make you feel good about yourself.

Kookamooka 7 years, 1 month ago

Religion costs a FORTUNE! I can't afford it.

H_Lecter 7 years, 1 month ago

The Old Testament Club. Saturday nights are alter nights and everyone brings a sacrifice.

RightinLawrence 7 years, 1 month ago

Most of the comments here are really sad. Becoming a part of a local church can be a great way for young people away from home to build a great support system of local people who can provide community knowledge if you need to know where to get your car fixed, invitations for some wonderful home cooked meals, help should you have an emergency...As well as stability and a foundation when you are on your own for the first time.

I wouldn't knock it.

Haiku_Cuckoo 7 years, 1 month ago

Reading these comments makes me realize that the bumper sticker is correct. Kansas really IS as bigoted as you think.

Sad.

George_Braziller 7 years, 1 month ago

In my opinion, the Yellow Pages work better if you are looking for someone to fix your car. I attended Sunday School at our Methodist church as a child and even then had serious doubts. Sang in the choir for the Methodist and Congregational churches. At 18 I walked away and never looked back. If church is your bag of tea then enjoy. The only time I set foot in a church, temple, or shrine is if I am attending a wedding or funeral. I find the entire experience really bizarre -- kind of like Dorothy walking toward the "alter" and hearing in a booming voice I AM THE GREAT AND MIGHTY OZ!!! It was just a bunch of crap behind the curtain.

RightinLawrence (Anonymous) says: Becoming a part of a local church can be a great way for young people away from home to build a great support system of local people who can provide community knowledge if you need to know where to get your car fixed, invitations for some wonderful home cooked meals, help should you have an emergency:As well as stability and a foundation when you are on your own for the first time.

I wouldn't knock it.