Previous   Next

What are you spending your back-to-school budget on?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 16, 2007

Browse the archives

“Mostly on clothes. I’m living in the same apartment as I did last year, so I don’t have to buy anything for it.”

Food and drink, beer and party stuff. I bought a laptop this year, but that’s about it.”

“Appliances and home decor for my new apartment.”

“A large chunk of it is probably going to the bar in all actuality. The rest is just going to stuff for the house.”

Related story

Comments

jonas 7 years, 8 months ago

A new Playstation 3 and a reserve payment for Grand Theft Auto!!!!!

Or, at least, that's what I WISH I could spend it on. As it is, whatever is left over from class fees and books will likely be put towards back bills from this massively expensive but totally worth it summer program that (cheers and clapping) is almost over now.

Less that two weeks to go. I miss my house, my cats and my wife. In reverse order of importance, of course.

jonas 7 years, 8 months ago

Gonna need the detox, too. 24oz beers are about a quarter, pack of cigarettes is around 64 cents. Zhonguo mei you yi yu wo shenti de jiankang. (China is not very good for my bodily health)

sunflower_sue 7 years, 8 months ago

I like Marie's photo...even if she has a creepy stalker type and a headless person looking over her shoulder!

School budget: Seems I spent tons just on school supplies. Gotta run to the grocery store this morning and beg 5 paper bags which seem to be mandatory, as well. Maybe, if they won't give them to me, I can buy 5 packs of gum and tell them I want each put in a separtate paper bag. :)

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

Nothing! I have no back-to-school budget.

trinity 7 years, 8 months ago

i have no budget, period-well that is unless you count my Klondike Bar&beer allotment.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 8 months ago

T, yes, I believe we must count the Klondike bar and beer allotment. They are two of the six major food groups.

I'm spending mine on a new pole! ;)

trinity 7 years, 8 months ago

budgets??? we don't need no stinking BUDGETS! :)

would that be, festIVUS or festUS?

smokey 7 years, 8 months ago

the budget... -3 get out of jail cards per semester -4 bar zip telly cards -4 pairs of shoes for walking to the bars, per semester -4 bottles of clorox to clean the bathroom after a night of mad partying, per semester

Crossfire 7 years, 8 months ago

I'm spending my kids back to school budget on a pilgrimage to AG Bobs House of Medical Marijuana.

mom_of_three 7 years, 8 months ago

Since I am not a traditional college student, my back to school budget involves books and a few supplies for classes.

Kontum1972 7 years, 8 months ago

YEP Marie wins hands down....your the babe...thx Marie..have a great year.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 8 months ago

TOB, yep it sure is. My how time flies! T, are you ready for some pole dancing? Any other volunteers?

sunflower_sue 7 years, 8 months ago

Gootsie, I'd volunteer but in this weather, I'm afraid I'd get burned. Ouch!

Ceallach 7 years, 8 months ago

sue: if you spin a little slower it will lessen your chance of getting a burn :P

bearded_gnome 7 years, 8 months ago

357 type rocks, that's what I'm spending my back to school cash on...seems effective.