Previous   Next

What is your favorite healthy snack?

Asked at the Community Mercantile, 901 Iowa on August 15, 2007

Browse the archives

“I’d have to say fruit, blackberries especially.”

“Probably peanut butter and celery. You get vegetables, protein and nutrients all in one.”

“I love dried fruit, especially apricots. It’s convenient and it tastes like candy.”

“Nuts. I eat a lot of them. They go good with beer.”

Comments

Kookamooka 7 years, 10 months ago

The huge bag of trail mix from Costco. We can't buy it anymore because I finally read the label and realized the serving size is like two tablespoons and it's chalk full of fat. God, I miss that stuff. Makes me wanna start training for a marathon just so I can eat it.

acg 7 years, 10 months ago

Definitely fruit. I like nuts, too. They're pretty good for you as long as you stick to serving sizes, which sound puny, but 1/4 cup of nuts is actually a good amount to munch on at a time.

Ceallach 7 years, 10 months ago

Healthy snack, fresh fruit with vanilla yogurt.

That being said, I like TOB's question (sorry RI, I was reading the post addressed to you:) Blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream is the best kind of pie.

packrat 7 years, 10 months ago

Strawberries. My children outvoted me.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 7 years, 10 months ago

"healthy snack"?

If your snack is healthy, then it is no longer a snack. It's punishment; it's a dose of castor oil. A snack is only a snack if it brings with it that oh-so-important comfort factor.

Chocolate, in any form. Chocolate with peanut butter (again, in any form). Peanut butter with chocolate works, too. A chocolate & peanut butter burrito. A PB&C (chocolate) sandwich. A bar of chocolate encased in peanut butter, then dipped in batter and deep fried. Served up with a steaming mug of hot chocolate. No, not the kind of hot chocolate you normally think of, but a simple mug full of melted Hershey's. It's thick, so you have to drink it while it's piping hot. THAT is a snack.

jonas 7 years, 10 months ago

Brrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnss!

H_Lecter 7 years, 10 months ago

Blueberries and raspberries as the garnish

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 10 months ago

I kinda like nuking and salting some frozen edamame... Blueberies are good... I like almonds...

...but I don't go out of my way looking for healthy foods.

staff04 7 years, 10 months ago

Yogurt with granola...relatively high calorie, but delicious and nutritious...

salad 7 years, 10 months ago

Freestate copper head ale: best IPA style beer in existence. Good tasting, and good for you!

gogoplata 7 years, 10 months ago

Copperhead Pale Ale. I 2nd. On Top of my favorite beer list.

acg 7 years, 10 months ago

Mmmmm fried cheese is awesome. Especially if you dip it in ranch when eating. That makes it healthier. Almost like a salad, you know, cause of the dressing and all....

Frederic Gutknecht IV 7 years, 10 months ago

Oh, heII, if we're including Copperhead on the health food list I'll put it at the top of mine!~) If it IS a health food then I'll definitely live forever.

Kevin Sontag 7 years, 10 months ago

A census taker's liver with some fava beans, and a nice Chianti.

ms_canada 7 years, 10 months ago

Tortilla chips with salsa. But the chips have to be the saltfree kind and the salsa fat free. I am on a diet. Right now I am downing a strawberry smoothie. Yummmm Just frozen strawberries and fat free, sugar free vanilla yogurt.