Previous   Next

How do you get most of your medical advice?

Browse the archives

“If it’s something small, I ask my mom or my grandmother. But if it’s something big, I’ll go to the doctor.”

“I ask my girlfriend’s mother. She’s a nurse at a hospital in Kansas City.”

“My parents are both eye doctors, so I get a lot of advice from them because of their medical school experience.”

“I usually just call my doctor to get advice.”

Related story

Comments

sgtwolverine 7 years, 4 months ago

From jonas. He always seems very well-informed.

Flap Doodle 7 years, 4 months ago

Off the internet. That Canadian pharmacy keeps me informed.

jonas 7 years, 4 months ago

Internet forums. I find that they have the most trustworthy, non-biased and well-informed participants of any possible venue.

trinity 7 years, 4 months ago

web md, of course! i can find nearly any symptom for a plethora of ills there! ;-)

jumpin_catfish 7 years, 4 months ago

So LJW why don't you go to Walmart, Target, Home Depot or some west Lawrence location and ask these questions? Lawrence has many streets last time I looked.

Ceallach 7 years, 4 months ago

Web md is good, also Mayo Clinic's site gives you more than you ever wanted to know about whatever medication you are taking. It doesn't really matter because whatever my ailment may be I get lots and lots of advise from family members (dare I say oftimes too much?). My mother, two of my sisters, one of my daughters and one of my granddaughters (Class of 2007 YEA) are nurses!!!! Just another area in which I am odd woman out : I never had any desire to do "medical" things . . but managed to find a way to make to eek out a living . . . without panhandling.

Ceallach 7 years, 4 months ago

eke not eek :) transposing is the bane of my existence!! Although one can often hear shreeking, wailing, gnashing of teeth and see flying objects coming from within my cubicle. Due solely to the fact that I am surrounded by people who have yet to discover that I am a very special and sensitive person.

Wilbur_Nether 7 years, 4 months ago

jumpin_catfish wondered why the LJW doesn't "go to Walmart, Target, Home Depot or some west Lawrence location and ask these questions."

Good point, and to register your disapproval I recommend you boycott posting in or reading these forums until this situation has been corrected!

jonas 7 years, 4 months ago

sgt: Thanks! I AM well informed, because I spend so much time on internet forums.

By the way, there there is a big honkin toomer. You'll have to get that lanced, ya'know.

pumpkinpie 7 years, 4 months ago

Who's the hot swim instructor? I would'nt mind playing doctor with him!