Previous   Next

How do you get most of your medical advice?

Browse the archives

“If it’s something small, I ask my mom or my grandmother. But if it’s something big, I’ll go to the doctor.”

“I ask my girlfriend’s mother. She’s a nurse at a hospital in Kansas City.”

“My parents are both eye doctors, so I get a lot of advice from them because of their medical school experience.”

“I usually just call my doctor to get advice.”

Related story

Comments

pumpkinpie 6 years, 7 months ago

Who's the hot swim instructor? I would'nt mind playing doctor with him!

jonas 6 years, 8 months ago

sgt: Thanks! I AM well informed, because I spend so much time on internet forums.

By the way, there there is a big honkin toomer. You'll have to get that lanced, ya'know.

Wilbur_Nether 6 years, 8 months ago

jumpin_catfish wondered why the LJW doesn't "go to Walmart, Target, Home Depot or some west Lawrence location and ask these questions."

Good point, and to register your disapproval I recommend you boycott posting in or reading these forums until this situation has been corrected!

Pywacket 6 years, 8 months ago

Hee hee~ Your comments remind me of Office Space.

"I deal with the g--damn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people! Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?!"

Ceallach 6 years, 8 months ago

eke not eek :) transposing is the bane of my existence!! Although one can often hear shreeking, wailing, gnashing of teeth and see flying objects coming from within my cubicle. Due solely to the fact that I am surrounded by people who have yet to discover that I am a very special and sensitive person.

Pywacket 6 years, 8 months ago

Ceal~ "eek out a living..." Is that where you get paid to be the designated screamer/chair jumper when the lab mice get loose? ;-)

We have a lot of medical people in our extended family--including a noted cardiologist. But I rarely call any of them. Between the internet, my trusty Stedman's, and, of course, the witch doctor, I can usually get any questions answered without being one of those annoying friends/relatives who consult professionals on their personal time for free advice. (They insist they don't mind, but it still seems presumptuous.) If I actually need medical care, I go to the doc and pay for her services.

Ceallach 6 years, 8 months ago

Web md is good, also Mayo Clinic's site gives you more than you ever wanted to know about whatever medication you are taking. It doesn't really matter because whatever my ailment may be I get lots and lots of advise from family members (dare I say oftimes too much?). My mother, two of my sisters, one of my daughters and one of my granddaughters (Class of 2007 YEA) are nurses!!!! Just another area in which I am odd woman out : I never had any desire to do "medical" things . . but managed to find a way to make to eek out a living . . . without panhandling.

OTSSweeper 6 years, 8 months ago

Stephanie,
I think your parents are optometrists not ophthalmologists...so, "medical school"?

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 8 months ago

So LJW why don't you go to Walmart, Target, Home Depot or some west Lawrence location and ask these questions? Lawrence has many streets last time I looked.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 8 months ago

blue, Just a few areas, fender, door post, rockerpanel and door. When I've shot urethane it looks like a Popsicle® dropped in loose dirt. The nanny-mobile is just about back together, should beat the start of school. Frame is straight, hand formed doorpost / rocker panel welded in place. However, I found out that thumbs and an english wheel don't mix...

Pywacket 6 years, 8 months ago

I ask the witch doctor, of course. And he says:

Oo ee oo ah ah Ting tang walla walla bing bang Oo ee oo ah ah Ting tang Walla walla Bing bang!

And if it's really serious, he tells me to put the lime in the coconut--then I'll feel better.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 8 months ago

From jonas. He always seems very well-informed.

Gootsie 6 years, 8 months ago

Yep. WebMD. And my "expert" neighbor.

trinity 6 years, 8 months ago

web md, of course! i can find nearly any symptom for a plethora of ills there! ;-)

jonas 6 years, 8 months ago

Internet forums. I find that they have the most trustworthy, non-biased and well-informed participants of any possible venue.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 8 months ago

Off the internet. That Canadian pharmacy keeps me informed.

blue73harley 6 years, 8 months ago

Whadda need painted?

I actually hate to paint but when I do I shoot laquer because it dries so fast. One of these days, i will have a paint booth...about the time I win the lottery.

bobberboy 6 years, 8 months ago

based on what most doctors know it might as well be a weegie board.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 8 months ago

blue, It has been the "next" question for several days... but dated for the 11th. The person on the street must be vacationing?

BTW, wanna to shoot a little base and clear coat for me?

blue73harley 6 years, 8 months ago

From my local Medicine Man.

BTW - the OTS question on the main page regarding KU seems to be unattainable with the message being "Page not found".

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 6 years, 8 months ago

I got my sex-ed information on the playground in the schoolyard... Medical advice? Same way...