Previous   Next

What is your favorite type of music?

Browse the archives

“I like more poppy stuff and R&B - more up-to-date music.”

“Indie rock, because it doesn’t conform to the pressures of popular music. There is actual meaning in the lyrics.”

“Probably R&B, rap and country. I like R&B because it’s a little slower, and I like songs that are slow and low.”

“Rap. I was raised listening to it, so that’s what I like.”

“I like country because it tells a story.”

“Rap. I think the lyrics relate to me the most, and I like the beats.”

“I like all types of music: alternative, rock, classic rock and a little bit of country, because it’s all so good.”

“Classic rock. The drummers back then, like John Bonham of Led Zeppelin and Keith Moon of The Who, could really play, and the guitarists knew how to rock.”

Comments

Crispian Paul 7 years ago

Love classic rock, hip hop, singer songwriters (Warren Zevon, Van Morrison, Stevie Ray Vaughn), bluegrass. Like most other stuff. DON'T like: Modern country, pop-rap, death metal or hardcore music.

ms_canada 7 years ago

All kinds of Celtic, celtic, celtic.
But, my taste in music is rather eclectic. Some African, Latin, a couple of operatic arias, and some that is hard to classify. In what category do you put Loreena McKennitt, Oliver Mtukudzi, Mike Oldfield, Billy Joel, The Animals, George Winston on piano, Andrea Boccelli, Mark Knopfler, Bruce Hornsby or James Keelaghan. I like music that has beautiful melody with words that mean something, words that paint a picture.
Look at Billy Joel's Piano Man. Think of the words. He sings about bar habitues on a Sat. night. The bartender, the old man, the real estate agent, the sailor, the waitress and the business men slowly getting stoned. Joel sings of ordinary lives. Or the Animals song of the man trapped in the addiction of gambling and all that entails. Joel sings lives in beautiful melodies. He gives ordinary people immortality in his songs.

75x55 7 years ago

Texas blues, bluegrass, etc.

JayCat_67 7 years ago

'bout anything but rap and the garbage written for American Idol contestants. Oh yeah, can't stand the "pop tarts" either.

blue73harley 7 years ago

I'm a blues fan but I also love to listen to rockabilly - the new stuff, like The Rumblejetts, Miss Major and Her Minor Moodswings, Cowtown Playboys, etc.

Kathy Getto 7 years ago

Classical, of course, with no clapping between movements. :-)

yourworstnightmare 7 years ago

With a little hip-hop and rap thrown in.

yourworstnightmare 7 years ago

Punk-funk-jazz-blues-classical.

The_Original_Bob 7 years ago

Accoustic Scandanavian Death Metal

trinity 7 years ago

anything the band "bubba hyde" plays. :)

seriously-have an extremely eclectic taste in music; i love it all. the one thing i really don't care for? current country. THAT is NOT country music! agh! overproduced, slick hat acts. yuk.