Previous   Next

Do you know first aid?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on April 15, 2007

Browse the archives

“No. I learned it in Boy Scouts, but that was like 10 years ago. I’ve forgotten most all of it by now.”

“Sort of. I remember most of what I learned in the Red Cross class I took at work.”

“I think so. Everyone I know is in the medical profession, so I’ve learned it through asking questions and through training. But it wouldn’t hurt to take a refresher class.”

“No, I don’t. I’ve actually never taken it at all.”

Comments

couranna1 7 years ago

paid day to go learn it gas hotel and mileage paid yes I know it

Bone777 7 years ago

Yep, yep, yep.

30 compressions to 2 breaths is the new standard.

Jace 7 years ago

Yes, I do!

I also know that when I am on fire......I "stop", "drop", and "roll"!!

ms_canada 7 years ago

I would think that being a nurse means I can answer yes. But when I worked in a day care, I was required to take a first aide course. As Jay Cat says, if you don't use it, you lose it. I am rusty. Lovely day here in the North Country. :o)

Godot 7 years ago

What I remember most is, "You! Call 911!"

H_Lecter 7 years ago

Yes, sometimes it is better to say,"Relax, don't fight it, move toward the light."

JayCat_67 7 years ago

I used to be an army medic, so yes, I've had the training, but I haven't done anything with it in a few years. Like most other things, it is a "use it or lose it" skill. In this case, you really hope you don't have to use it, but constant training is required to keep your skills sharp.

Marion Lynn 7 years ago

Yes, we learned a bit of first aid but also triage.

You just put down the really bad off ones where the lie.

Hannibal, where are you on this one?

Thanks.

Marion.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years ago

Of course.

Training and mileage are deductable...

Pywacket 7 years ago

Crossfire~ most excellent response!

I don't know a lot of first aid, but sometimes I have to struggle with an overwhelming urge to put a tourniquet around some neck that desperately needs it.

rodneyking 7 years ago

I wish more people knew it.

aeroscout17 7 years ago

Crossfire...bwah ha ha! When is the coffee done? Tax day today...........

Crossfire 7 years ago

Lemonade was pretty popular when I was a kid. They sold it right on the street. Later I kinda switched over to Limeade, not as sweet and a little more kick. Harder to find. Then some guy in Florida invented Gatorade which was a kinda weird drink. Really sweaty people drank that stuff. Willie Nelson and John Cougar did that Farmade thing but I never tried it. Never saw anybody drinking it either. Is the coffee done yet. I really need some coffee. What was the question today?