Previous   Next

Are you expecting a tax refund this year?

Asked at Checkers, 2300 La. on April 14, 2007

Browse the archives

“Yeah, I already got it. It was a pretty big one, but I’ve already spent most of it on bills and clothes for me and my kids.”

“No. I think I made too much. It’s difficult when you don’t have enough deductions, so I’m not expecting anything.”

“It’s already filed and spent. Most of it went to pay off my credit card balance.”

“I’m getting ready to file mine just before the deadline, but I probably won’t be getting anything back.”

Comments

sgtwolverine 7 years, 4 months ago

Yeah, I'm getting a refund. About half of it is going for a new computer monitor.

jonas 7 years, 4 months ago

Yo! It's mostly already spoken for in plane tickets and food while I'm in China, though.

GSWtotheheart 7 years, 4 months ago

Got it already, paid on bills with a lot of it, paid next yrs junior high fees for my kid, paid extra on her braces, saved some, and spent the last $60 on a tattoo

did it all in one day pretty much

after a day like that, you sit there and think, "Whew!"

paladin 7 years, 4 months ago

Ain't it grand that the gobment gives folks a nice big present ever year? Folks ferget that its their money in the first place. But, their tickled ta death. Taxed ta death, too.

jonas 7 years, 4 months ago

American Gladiators (The original program!) is playing on ESPN2. Man, that's awesome!!

sunflower_sue 7 years, 4 months ago

Well, I overpaid but I only will get part of that back. They will keep a portion of it and apply it towards this years taxes. My "refund" may have to buy a new computer. :(

Jonas, I LOVED that show. Too bad I don't get ESPN!

southerngirl 7 years, 4 months ago

Our taxes are in, but our refund has not arrived yet. We are spending some on a new fence (ours is about to fall down) and on that snoring surgery for my husband. He snores SO LOUD, I think that I have lost hearing. I wear ear plugs to bed and can still hear him snore. Oh yea, he's getting the surgery whether he wants it or not! d

Bone777 7 years, 4 months ago

Paladin,

They also totally ferget that the gobement keeps their interest.

Bone777 7 years, 4 months ago

Lafayette Norwood - retired teacher.

He was an assistant coach, under Ted Owens, for the Jayhawks. I will never forget your huge contribution to the b-ball program, and Seth and Corey.