Previous   Next

Has the cold weather put a damper on any of your springtime activities?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 7, 2007

Browse the archives

“Yes, my gardening. We planted potatoes, onions and radishes early, and now we’re having to cover them up with sheets at night.”

“Nope. I just put on more clothes and go outside anyway.”

“Yes. The outdoors is not as accessible, and it makes yard work harder to dig.”

“Yes. I think it has. It’s the beginning of April and it’s like 20 degrees out today. This is why I hate Kansas weather.”

Comments

Silence_Dogood 7 years ago

Yes, it started all my Kansas pansies whining!

Katie_Horner 7 years ago

Weather like this usually happens...right before people die!!!

hitme 7 years ago

We should all go someplace really warm that isn't afraid turn up the heat...Al Gore's house!!!

Bone777 7 years ago

TOB - sorry about your wifes two-lips.

The_Original_Bob 7 years ago

Cold weather in April. It happens.

The wife's tulips lay like wounded soldiers with pastel colored helmets.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years ago

Has or Will?

Has: Not too much unless you figure the added layers of clothing act as a damper.

Will: Most likely the porch will be devoid of souls, and the house will be full.

BABBOY 7 years ago

Maybe I am missing the part about Global Warming in the question at issue in the post.

I agree with Marion that a warm bar would be nice place to be. It definitely screwed my golf plans for this weekend. Walking around in mud in cold weather is not good golf at all.

roger_o_thornhill 7 years ago

It is all a conspiracy to discredit global warning scare mongers. The Carlyle group in conjunction with the Freemasons and the Knights Templar have inflitrated the Navy and gained access to the infamous "weather gun" named the 'Harp Project' in order to send cold weather and provide proof that there is no such thing as global warming. After all, as one farmer put it, "I think them hippies is smoking too much dope if they think this is 'global warming' when its 20 degrees in April."

prospector 7 years ago

The proper placement of a damper is a good thing.

jmadison 7 years ago

Al Gore has it spot on

Staci Dark Simpson 7 years ago

The easter egg hunts will be fun today. I haven't made my child wear long johns for awhile. Also fired up the wood stove another time. I wish it was warmer but we'll be whinin about warm weather soon enough.

Richard Heckler 7 years ago

The wind is keeping the frost away so life could be worse.

jonas 7 years ago

Yes, my streaking output is WAY down this year.

sgtwolverine 7 years ago

Not really. This past week was spring break for the local high school, so there weren't any sporting events to be affected by the cold. It just needs to warm up by Friday -- that's the first baseball game.

Although I think a couple Tigers games were affected by the cold.

It confuses me: to this point, April has been more wintry than December was.

Marion Lynn 7 years ago

I think that it just got cold.

Thanks.

Marion.

Kat Christian 7 years ago

Bummer... tore some of the plastic off my windows so I could open them and enjoy the nice Spring weather. Now that it's cold again and the heat turned on I worry about my gas bill and how much heat is escaping. I'd hate tackle putting up more plastic when in a week I have to tear it down again. I think Global Warming has upset the weather patterns that we've alway been use to.

Marion Lynn 7 years ago

At least the growing of the grass in my South field is slower!

That is a GOOD thing for me!

Idiot rabbit that lives in the side yard tried to bash through the basement window, though, to get warm!

Got nice videos of that and a redbird as well that tried the same thing!

Good weekend to find a nice warm pub to hang out in!

Thanks.

Marion.

mick 7 years ago

I was planning on doing my Spring cleaning this weekend. Guess I'll have to wait 'til next year. Oh well.

Gootsie 7 years ago

Hi Ann! You look great!

Yep. We had an outing planned for today to the KU baseball game, but postponed it due to the weather. Bummer!

Inmate, sorry about your change in plans. Darn Mother Nature anyway..

nudist 7 years ago

Duct tape and hand warmers work great

Tom Shewmon 7 years ago

Yes. Thong gardening will have to wait.

inmate 7 years ago

I'll tell you it has. I've canceled my plans to visit the Hamptons... and after not being able to ski Aspen even once this year. Gosh!!