Previous   Next

Has the cold weather put a damper on any of your springtime activities?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 7, 2007

Browse the archives

“Yes, my gardening. We planted potatoes, onions and radishes early, and now we’re having to cover them up with sheets at night.”

“Nope. I just put on more clothes and go outside anyway.”

“Yes. The outdoors is not as accessible, and it makes yard work harder to dig.”

“Yes. I think it has. It’s the beginning of April and it’s like 20 degrees out today. This is why I hate Kansas weather.”

Comments

mick 7 years, 8 months ago

I was planning on doing my Spring cleaning this weekend. Guess I'll have to wait 'til next year. Oh well.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 8 months ago

Hi Ann! You look great!

Yep. We had an outing planned for today to the KU baseball game, but postponed it due to the weather. Bummer!

Inmate, sorry about your change in plans. Darn Mother Nature anyway..

Kat Christian 7 years, 8 months ago

Bummer... tore some of the plastic off my windows so I could open them and enjoy the nice Spring weather. Now that it's cold again and the heat turned on I worry about my gas bill and how much heat is escaping. I'd hate tackle putting up more plastic when in a week I have to tear it down again. I think Global Warming has upset the weather patterns that we've alway been use to.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 8 months ago

Not really. This past week was spring break for the local high school, so there weren't any sporting events to be affected by the cold. It just needs to warm up by Friday -- that's the first baseball game.

Although I think a couple Tigers games were affected by the cold.

It confuses me: to this point, April has been more wintry than December was.

jonas 7 years, 8 months ago

Yes, my streaking output is WAY down this year.

Richard Heckler 7 years, 8 months ago

The wind is keeping the frost away so life could be worse.

Staci Dark Simpson 7 years, 8 months ago

The easter egg hunts will be fun today. I haven't made my child wear long johns for awhile. Also fired up the wood stove another time. I wish it was warmer but we'll be whinin about warm weather soon enough.

roger_o_thornhill 7 years, 8 months ago

It is all a conspiracy to discredit global warning scare mongers. The Carlyle group in conjunction with the Freemasons and the Knights Templar have inflitrated the Navy and gained access to the infamous "weather gun" named the 'Harp Project' in order to send cold weather and provide proof that there is no such thing as global warming. After all, as one farmer put it, "I think them hippies is smoking too much dope if they think this is 'global warming' when its 20 degrees in April."

Bone777 7 years, 8 months ago

TOB - sorry about your wifes two-lips.