Previous   Next

Do you like to dance?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 1, 2007

Browse the archives

“Yes, I do. I like to dance with my sister, friends and my roommate. Usually as loudly as possible to annoy my downstairs neighbors.”

“Yes. I like to dance at wedding receptions or if my wife and I go out to a club where there’s a live band.”

“Oh yeah, I love to. I like to dance when I’m happy or whenever there’s music. Sometimes I start dancing when there is music playing in a store. It’s like the music is always flowing through me.”

“I do. I like to dance to express myself when I’m drunk. That’s when all the good moves come out.”

Comments

spacehog 7 years ago

I'm with sgtwolverine. The last time I danced someone called an ambulance because they thought I was either having seizures or going through severe heroin withdrawal. I think I was trying to dance to "Don't Change" by INXS. Some of that 80's stuff was hard to dance to. However, it's not as bad as watching old burnouts trying to dance to "Slowride", the Foghat anthem of the 70's. Or try watching people dance to white boy blues at Stu's. Yick! Anyway, I usually try and make sure my blood alcohol level is at least .38 before I get near a dance floor.

sunflower_sue 7 years ago

Py, If I had had your story earlier this morning...would've been great! That is so funny!

sgt, The fact that you would dance for someone else is pretty sweet. You better stop, you're making others look bad! ;)

sgtwolverine 7 years ago

Sue, I have precisely one dancing experience. At my brother's wedding reception, all of us groomsmen (me and my brothers) declined to dance. This was nothing against the bridesmaids; we just didn't want to dance. But the photographer said yeah right, you're getting out on that floor so I can get pictures.

Now, as a photographer, I decline to shoot weddings (unless I'm just helping out a good friend of mine -- I don't want the stress of being the main guy). But if I were to be the photographer in that situation, I would say okay, you don't want to dance, that's cool by me. I'll get my shots another way.

Since then, I have avoided dance floors. I'll probably find myself persuaded onto a dance floor again at some point in my life, but I can promise you two things: 1)I'll be out there for the other person, not for the dancing, and 2)it won't be pretty. (My dancing, not the other person.)

In conclusion, I dance with every step I take. It's just that most people see it as an odd limp. But I can't help the world's problem of misperception!

Pywacket 7 years ago

Sue~ Last year, I rubberbanded the kitchen sink sprayer open, knowing Dear Husband's habit of using at sink as soon as he gets downstairs in the morning. Got him good.

Months later, I saw someone pull the same stunt on Funniest Home Videos. Guess it wasn't such an original thought.

This year, I haven't done anything. Yet. There are still 6 1/2 hours to go. And by now he's gotten complacent.

prospector 7 years ago

I have two left feet. It was decided that the style I had in junoir high was a hippopotamus on rollerskates. That dosen't stop me though.

Careful, all this cheese talks and dancing is going to lead to yogurt making.

I still cut a rug and the cheese when moved.

sunflower_sue 7 years ago

snap, I just had a horrible flashback to the movie "Kingpin" where the guy stays w/ the Amish family and milks their bull. Maybe that's why moose cheese is so expensive...and hard to obtain.

sunflower_sue 7 years ago

Py, I'm definitely going to try that! Sounds like a perfect plan.

I've tried to convince my 10 yr old all day that I'm expecting another baby but she just won't buy it. I should have told her that her MP3 player spontaneously exploded. She might have bought that. Anyone do anything on April Fool's day anymore? I want some stories. My mom always got me. I guess she was just better at it.

Flap Doodle 7 years ago

Cheese & dancing! My favorite things.

Did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Pywacket 7 years ago

A dancing engineer--how refreshing!! Go, Karl!

Sue~ place a highball glass with about an inch of tequila next to the cheese, with the cheese on a cake plate, so it's higher than the glass. Soon the worm will dive right into the tequila. You'll know what to do next.

It's a marvelous night for a moondance.

mick 7 years ago

There is a French cheese called "follis" made out of human milk. It's a little gummy but tastes ok.

Marion Lynn 7 years ago

Can she dance all night?

Thanks.

Marion.

coolmom 7 years ago

all she wants to do is dance....

Marion Lynn 7 years ago

But will Billy and Davey keep dancin' in the moonlight?

Thanks.

Marion.

Gootsie 7 years ago

Marion, maybe the worm will when it gets out of Sue's cheese ?

Marion Lynn 7 years ago

Will anyone save the last dance for me?

Thanks.

Marion.

ms_canada 7 years ago

Susy - that was your 8:39 post.

ms_canada 7 years ago

Sue - I echo your 2n paragraph word for word. Around the kitchen for sure. Hubby ditto. when he heard he had to dance at the wedding reception, he nearly called the whole thing off. When I was a teen, I went to two dances every weekend and danced my toesies off. Just loved it. But it seems to me that young folk don't dance as much these days. Dancing was a BIG thing in my day.

BorderRat 7 years ago

I would go dancing at the Yuk Down every saturday night until the Yuk Down burned up, or the Yuk Up burned down, which ever it was. Live bands and cold beer. A great combination.

mick 7 years ago

"I go out dancin' every night, hopin' one day I might get it right cuz I'm a dancin' fool, I'm a dancin' fool..the beat goes on and I'm so wrong, the beat goes on and I'm so wrong..." Frank Zappa

Marion Lynn 7 years ago

All she wants to do is dance.

Thanks.

Marion.

mick 7 years ago

Do the Freddy and the Frug and the Boogaloo. Sheik Yerbouti like a Dancin' Fool.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years ago

Sue, Does your homemade Emmentaler have small eyes or large eyes?

sunflower_sue 7 years ago

Off topic, but I just made my first round of homemade swiss cheese. My problem is, one of the hole eating worms got stuck inside and I don't know how to get him out. Will he just come out when he is full? Any suggestions? I really don't want to cut the round in half looking for the little bugger before it is properly cured.

TheNorthlander 7 years ago

I need several glasses of wine at a wedding before I have the courage to do so.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do at my own wedding. I can't really get bombed, can I?

sunflower_sue 7 years ago

Aw, c'mon sarge, I'd get out there and have some marginally rhythmic seizures with you!

I dance around the house...especially when the tunes are crankin' and I am cooking or something. The hubby don't dance. I save the slow ones for him as he is capable of moving back and forth from one foot to the other. (Not necessarily on beat so he has to hold on tight.) :)

sgtwolverine 7 years ago

Let's rephrase the question: "Do you like to make a fool out of yourself doing something you don't do very well?" I've been to too many weddings and watched too many people lurch around the dance floor and wave their arms around and call it dancing. Many people who like to dance don't actually dance; they have marginally rhythmic seizures when there happens to be music in the background.

Do I like to dance? No. I avoid it at all costs.

Marion Lynn 7 years ago

Which one is the Dancing Queen?

Thanks.