Previous   Next

Were you a member of any school clubs?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 16, 2006

Browse the archives

“German club, art club, forensics club, debate club, honors society and scholars bowl. I’m still in German club at the college level.”

“In high school I was in German club, honors society and journalism club.”

“I was in the pep club and drama club here at Central Junior High, and I played intramural sports. It’s hard to remember. That was a long time ago.”

“I was in French club and played intramural basketball in high school, but I was never in any college clubs.”

Related story

Comments

soiledbrown 7 years, 7 months ago

i was in the mile high club, but i think it meant something different back in the day...

as_I_live_and_breathe 7 years, 7 months ago

I used to take a club to school.... we didn't have fire arms then either.....blah

Gootsie 7 years, 7 months ago

I was vice-president of the itty bitty t***y committee. Janis was president. I think she still is.

jonas 7 years, 7 months ago

. . . such as, wow Magneto in the X-Men movie really reminds of a Miltonic satanic figure: ultimately flawed, but still a fierce master of rhetoric with a high vision!

. . . or maybe that's just me. I mean, er, a friend I knew.

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 7 months ago

prospector, I hope they did......I often regret not running for a class office and who knows, launched a successful career in politics. I think being a pothead in high school definitely made you a more wisdomful person in the long run. You thought about things whilst baked.

prospector 7 years, 7 months ago

There are "Wake and Bake" clubs in all schools. Were you in the majority then, as you are now? Did all your member's grow up to be Republican?

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 7 months ago

I belonged to an elitist group of dopers who used to get blasted in our cars in the parking lot before school.....not just anyone could get in. Spanish was first hour----I remember giggling at the way my Spanish teachers' mouth looked when she spoke Spanish. One day after I finished my test early and was just sitting there I looked up and she was staring at me......very freaky. I thought maybe she was clairevoyant and I suddenly became real paranoid.

paladin 7 years, 7 months ago

Not really in school, but it carried over, the HemanWomanhaters Club, founded by Spanky and Alfalfa.

my_black_lab_told_me_so 7 years, 7 months ago

In high school I was a charter member of the "I hate everyone in school club". I was its vice president.

It was sooo cool!

Of course, back then, we didn't have access to semi-automatic weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo.....so we never did actually hurt anyone!

We just kept our utter contempt and pure hatred for our feelow students and teachers to ourselves!

Katie_Horner 7 years, 7 months ago

Guess what my favorite game was?

Twister!

prospector 7 years, 7 months ago

Translation

Latin is dead. Peace be with you.

prospector 7 years, 7 months ago

The Latin Club positive: Togo parties before "Animal House". Club field trips, anything was better than sitting in classes. Looks good on college entrance apps. negative: All I remember is: Latina mortuos est. Pax Vobiscum

justsomewench 7 years, 7 months ago

Youth in Local Government, DECA, and Al-Anon.

jonas 7 years, 7 months ago

I belonged to the Sophomore Lot Smokers. It was just off school grounds and we gathered every day to hurt our lungs and talk about how much we hated high school.

H_Lecter 7 years, 7 months ago

I joined the future magicians club until they explained that sawing a girl in half was just a trick. The future coroners club till the sponsor wanted us to explain where we got some of the parts...and where all the chloroform went. I had a couple of great pick-up lines from that club; "Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform?" and " You'll never believe what's in my basement."

audvisartist 7 years, 7 months ago

Clubs? We don't need no stinkin' clubs.