Previous   Next

Do you back up the information on your computer?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 10, 2006

Browse the archives

“We back it up on the server at work. At home I use a USB external hard drive.”

“Sometimes. If it’s important for school like a big paper or project, then I’ll back it up on a Zip disk.”

“No. I have the capability, but I haven’t used anything because I’m just that lazy.”

“No, never. I really only use my computer for recreation. It wouldn’t really matter if I lost anything.”

Related story

Comments

jonas 8 years, 3 months ago

I had an answer to this but I lost it in the storm last night.

blessed3x 8 years, 3 months ago

Photographic memory.

Or should I say:

10001010 10011011 10100010 00010101 00101010 01011011 10101111

H_Lecter 8 years, 3 months ago

Not on my computer that would leave too much evidence... I can wirelessly access several of my neighbor's computers and that is a great place to back everything up in hidden folders. What's really fun is printing out things on their computer that makes them each wonder why the other would have printed something like that. Sure have been a lot of divorces in my neighborhood lately. OK, I.m just kidding about this..........maybe.

justsomewench 8 years, 3 months ago

i wish i had.

anyone know where to buy not-so-expensive laptop HDs?

sunflower_sue 8 years, 3 months ago

Always! Oops...Chiefs back on. Gotta go. GO CHIEFS!!!

KyleXY 8 years, 3 months ago

Golly Gee it is important. I always back up my 12 computers and my double-server. One's business could plummet to bankruptcy if their important data were to be lost. If my secret communications with aliens were not documented, history might not be correct. They're so secret not that I can't let ANYONE read them! No one Not now not ever never

Thanks,

Kyle

jayhawks71 8 years, 3 months ago

Someone please tell that poor girl "on the street" to never use a Zip Disk for backup. Never. Ever. For any reason. No.

And if you are using floppies(!) that goes for you too.

If you are using cheap CDs or DVDs and plan on keeping them forever....

sunflower_sue 8 years, 3 months ago

RI, I'd take my own personal roundabout if it were covered! Maybe a "drive thru" garage.

Linda Endicott 8 years, 3 months ago

I have tried several different brands of CDs, and some of them definitely weren't cheap, price-wise anyway. Can somebody tell me of a CD that won't let info disappear??

killjoy 8 years, 3 months ago

From what I've read a good CD that is recoreded on home computers will last 2- 5 years.

A commercially recorded CD that you buy may last an estimated 50 years.