Previous   Next

What is your opinion of Lawrence tap water?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 4, 2006

Browse the archives

“I’m partial to Overland Park water because that’s what I’m used to. Every once in a while there’s a sulfuric smell to the water here.”

“I think it tastes pretty good. It’s not that bad.”

“I live over the bridge in North Lawrence, and it’s pretty gross. It’s a little better in town, but it’s still not that great.”

“Personally, I’m used to it because I grew up drinking the same kind of water. It’s not my first choice, but I don’t mind it.”

Related story

Comments

oldfashiongirl 8 years, 4 months ago

Didn't you just ask this question last week? Don't have a dog in this fight, so have a great Labor Day!

jonas 8 years, 4 months ago

Used to it. It's better if it get's refridgerated.

paladin 8 years, 4 months ago

Recycling is a good thing. Most of the time. Watch how these happy readers react to and deal with that which has come before. Welcome. You now have crossed over into the Twilite Zone.

ms_canada 8 years, 4 months ago

There are some things in this world that you can simply not get used to. The water that comes out of my tap is one of them. I am really not partial to drinking water that smells like a swimming pool. Hence all my drinking water gets filtered and kept in the fridge. I did not notice any chlorine odor from Lawrence water when I was there.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 4 months ago

I think it's fine.

This is the first time I think the LJW interviewed an invisible man for OTS. Adam must be in special forces.

classclown 8 years, 4 months ago

I'll give basically the same answer that I gave to basically the same OTS question from yesterday.

There is nothing wrong with the city's water. There is nothing wrong with the way it tastes.

greyhawk 8 years, 4 months ago

at least the water is better than the water in mexico.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 8 years, 4 months ago

I don't like the taste at all. I (charcoal) filter mine but would still drink something else if I could afford it.

It's still a thousand times better than drinking directly out of the Kaw/Clinton toilet and waste toxin repository.

thunderbuns 8 years, 4 months ago

Tomorrow's OTS question:

What is your opinion of the letter "M"?

ms_canada 8 years, 4 months ago

Gootsie - I am confused, did I miss something with Adam? The invisible Adam is wearing a blue New York Yankees ball cap and a red T shirt. Why would you say he is invisible. Maybe I am just plain dense. hmmmmmmmmm. good use of the letter m don't you think.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 4 months ago

On my webpage, there is no picture of Adam! Just his quote. Really? You can see him?

You see web people.

yes'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bearded_gnome 8 years, 4 months ago

the webpeople are your friend and they've come to help you!

bearded_gnome 8 years, 4 months ago

two or three times a year the lawrence water plainly STINX! also tastes terrible too. that's why we use a filter pitcher in the fridge.

it could be worse. in west sacramento CA for example, the city water comes outa the tap stinking so bad you smell it across the room and showering can make you seriously nauseated.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 4 months ago

Do all of you have a face by Adam's quote?

killjoy 8 years, 4 months ago

It's Karma, Gootsie. I think you need to reflect on things you've done. Obviously, you're being punished.

Of course on the other hand, there might be another reason that God doesn't want you to see Adam. perhaps you and Adam were twins separated at birth by some twist of fate and God has a reason for keeping you apart....or maybe it isn't God doing this. Maybe, it's satan. Anyway, I think you should accept it.

Kat Christian 8 years, 4 months ago

Don't drink it and when I use it for cooking or mixing with something I boil it first. I drink bottled water only - have been for years. Has anyone looked at the condition of the KAW river lately? Disgusting and this is our water supply. Please??

Linda Aikins 8 years, 4 months ago

Could be right killjoy! Maybe it's best I can't see him.

Thanks!