Previous   Next

What is your opinion of Lawrence tap water?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 4, 2006

Browse the archives

“I’m partial to Overland Park water because that’s what I’m used to. Every once in a while there’s a sulfuric smell to the water here.”

“I think it tastes pretty good. It’s not that bad.”

“I live over the bridge in North Lawrence, and it’s pretty gross. It’s a little better in town, but it’s still not that great.”

“Personally, I’m used to it because I grew up drinking the same kind of water. It’s not my first choice, but I don’t mind it.”

Related story

Comments

Gootsie 7 years, 7 months ago

Could be right killjoy! Maybe it's best I can't see him.

Thanks!

holygrailale 7 years, 7 months ago

Beared_gnome is right about California water.

California is the only place where I saw an entire row at the supermarket selling ONLY bottled H2O. Blew me away.

No one drank from the tap unless they wanted an excuse to stay home from work the next day.

Those guys delivering giant water bottles for office water dispensers. They were delivering to everybody. It was almost a utility out there.

=======================================

The water is okay here.

Is anybody still doing qualitative / quantitative analysis at KU???

Why doesn't someone steal some time in a lab somewhere and give us a report???

Someone with access to a mass spectrometer.

Kat Christian 7 years, 7 months ago

Don't drink it and when I use it for cooking or mixing with something I boil it first. I drink bottled water only - have been for years. Has anyone looked at the condition of the KAW river lately? Disgusting and this is our water supply. Please??

Tom Shewmon 7 years, 7 months ago

I heard it tastes like chicken.

killjoy 7 years, 7 months ago

It's Karma, Gootsie. I think you need to reflect on things you've done. Obviously, you're being punished.

Of course on the other hand, there might be another reason that God doesn't want you to see Adam. perhaps you and Adam were twins separated at birth by some twist of fate and God has a reason for keeping you apart....or maybe it isn't God doing this. Maybe, it's satan. Anyway, I think you should accept it.

Gootsie 7 years, 7 months ago

Do all of you have a face by Adam's quote?

bearded_gnome 7 years, 7 months ago

two or three times a year the lawrence water plainly STINX! also tastes terrible too. that's why we use a filter pitcher in the fridge.

it could be worse. in west sacramento CA for example, the city water comes outa the tap stinking so bad you smell it across the room and showering can make you seriously nauseated.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 7 months ago

the webpeople are your friend and they've come to help you!

Gootsie 7 years, 7 months ago

On my webpage, there is no picture of Adam! Just his quote. Really? You can see him?

You see web people.

yes'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ms_canada 7 years, 7 months ago

Gootsie - I am confused, did I miss something with Adam? The invisible Adam is wearing a blue New York Yankees ball cap and a red T shirt. Why would you say he is invisible. Maybe I am just plain dense. hmmmmmmmmm. good use of the letter m don't you think.

thunderbuns 7 years, 7 months ago

Tomorrow's OTS question:

What is your opinion of the letter "M"?

JJE007 7 years, 7 months ago

I don't like the taste at all. I (charcoal) filter mine but would still drink something else if I could afford it.

It's still a thousand times better than drinking directly out of the Kaw/Clinton toilet and waste toxin repository.

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 7 months ago

The water is just fine. I do agree that when you goto other places it tastes different. Just something to get used to.

greyhawk 7 years, 7 months ago

at least the water is better than the water in mexico.

classclown 7 years, 7 months ago

I'll give basically the same answer that I gave to basically the same OTS question from yesterday.

There is nothing wrong with the city's water. There is nothing wrong with the way it tastes.

Gootsie 7 years, 7 months ago

I think it's fine.

This is the first time I think the LJW interviewed an invisible man for OTS. Adam must be in special forces.

ms_canada 7 years, 7 months ago

There are some things in this world that you can simply not get used to. The water that comes out of my tap is one of them. I am really not partial to drinking water that smells like a swimming pool. Hence all my drinking water gets filtered and kept in the fridge. I did not notice any chlorine odor from Lawrence water when I was there.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 7 months ago

Just remember that the beer you drank last night will be recycled into the water that you drink tomorrow!

A thought to start the day for the Greenies!

Thanks.

Marion.

paladin 7 years, 7 months ago

Recycling is a good thing. Most of the time. Watch how these happy readers react to and deal with that which has come before. Welcome. You now have crossed over into the Twilite Zone.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 7 months ago

Remember the old National Lampoon ad for "Terrier Water"?

A bottle set up to look like a bottle of Perrier but filled with a yellow liquid and the dog shown next to the bottle?

Sometime during the P.J. O'Rouke era at NL.

A perfect parody of those Oh, so special, Perrier ads.

Thanks.

Marion.

jonas 7 years, 7 months ago

Used to it. It's better if it get's refridgerated.

oldfashiongirl 7 years, 7 months ago

Didn't you just ask this question last week? Don't have a dog in this fight, so have a great Labor Day!