Previous   Next

What are you going to do with your extra hour of daylight savings?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 29, 2006

Browse the archives

“I’m going out of town on vacation, so I’ll be using it for rest and relaxation.”

“I’m going to pray for guidance in my daily affairs.”

“I’m going to use the extra hour to sit down and listen to an astral projection tape I have and attempt an out-of-body experience.”

“Sleep, because I’m deprived of sleep. I never get enough.”

Comments

sunflower_sue 8 years, 1 month ago

Hey ya'll. I have to apologize for that last post. I just realized that I have no voice today so if you had trouble reading what I said, just copy and paste it and make it ALL CAPS and you should be able to hear it just fine.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOOTSIE! (did that come through loud and clear?)

Linda Aikins 8 years, 1 month ago

Thanks Sue! I'm off to breakfast with my domestic unit. Cool! Probably Milton's. yum.

mr_daniels 8 years, 1 month ago

Loggin on to Lucianne.com to be with like minded voters.

GO GOP Yeah!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 1 month ago

I slept.

Happy birthday Gootsie!!! If I were up to it, I'd make you my "Excessively Expressive Espresso Ecstasy" cake from the "Death by Chocolate Cakes" cookbook. It is to die for! (No babies included) Although I would have had to start it yesterday...it takes me 2 days to put together, but is so worth it. Anyway, happy birthday! (I also make a 3 tiered carrot cake that is blissfully good if you don't like chocolate...hahahahaha! Who doesn't like chocolate?)

audvisartist 8 years, 1 month ago

Sleep is for the weak! Extra hour of productivity is more like it!

BunE 8 years, 1 month ago

The Prestige is top notch. Great twists and turns and a puffy David Bowie!

classclown 8 years, 1 month ago

I'm going to put it in a bank and take it back out in the spring so that I won't "lose" an hour. With luck it might earn some interest and I'll have a little extra time on my hands.

geekin_topekan 8 years, 1 month ago

I am going to use it investigating which non-profit charities I will give to that will help children all over the world. NOT!I'm staying in bed.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 1 month ago

Funny Andre! Please let us know if you run into a guy named "Bob" who has disappeareded from our universe.

Which movie shall I see?

Infamous (Truman Capote) Department (Jack Nicholson et al) Flags of our Fathers (Ryan Phillippe Iwo Jima) The Prestige (magicians) Catch a Fire (Tim Robbins South Africa)

??

Linda Aikins 8 years, 1 month ago

OMG

Departed (Jack Nicholson et al)

Must be this being older thing.

Bone777 8 years, 1 month ago

Gootsie - 'The Department/Departed' was a great movie. The best I have seen in a longtime. Not your feel good, celebrate your birthday, kind of show, though, but if you enjoy awesome acting, it's the one.

Bone777 8 years, 1 month ago

I just spent my extra hour pondering Gootsie's movie choices. I am now back on my regular schedule of sitting on my duff.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 1 month ago

Gootsie, Did you get your Milton's? Hope you had an oozy gooey breakfast sandwich for me. (I like my egg over easy so it tends to get messy...messy is good.) I had left-over waffles but they were just fine considering I have no taste right now. (Yeah, someone will pounce on that one.)

Sorry Inmate. You'll get one less hour in the spring.

ms_canada 8 years, 1 month ago

gootsie - I hope your day is filled with naught but loads of joy and love. I just read for an hour longer last night. That served me well, although I, like TOB think that DST is just the stupidest thing going and wish it would go away.

willie_wildcat 8 years, 1 month ago

TOB- I know what you mean about the pets. At 6 am my cat was sitting on the nightside stand meowing at me to get up and feed her.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 1 month ago

Hi everyone! Yes, it was Miltons. I can't resist their french toast. And it was Department/Departed. WOW. What incredible acting.

ms_canada, it's been a wonderful day. Domestic unit did it right, as he always does.

Perhaps we need someone to create a website called dstmeansdumestupidtime.com. I don't like it either.

And Py - wow. What an uplifting dirge there! Thank you! Turning 52 isn't as bad as it could be, huh!

Thanks for the wishes!

Linda Aikins 8 years, 1 month ago

It is. We're just complaining about the past. You know HSWA - hindsighterswhining anonymous.

very weak. Sorry.

Linda Endicott 8 years, 1 month ago

I was sleeping, thank you. But finally, the clock in my car is on time again. I forgot how to set it, so it was running an hour early for a long time!