Previous   Next

Do you think the Cardinals will beat the Tigers to win the World Series?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 28, 2006

Browse the archives

“Yeah. If they lose (Friday) and lose (tonight), they’ll get Carpenter and then win anyway.”

“I don’t think they will do it in game five. I think they’ll do it in front of Detroit fans in game six.”

“Yes, because my grandfather was a huge Cardinals fan and he passed away two weeks ago, so I think they’ll do it for him.”

“I would think that the odds are on it because of the Cardinals’ pitching and the Tigers’ nerves. If the Tigers’ bats get hot and they don’t have any errors, they could take it. Right now, it’s all about pitching.”

Comments

Bone777 8 years, 1 month ago

I think, with the inflated payroll, the NY Yankees will definately win.

audvisartist 8 years, 1 month ago

ummm the Cards won yesterday... a little more current please!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 1 month ago

Goots, that was my attempt at humor. Topeka was indicating that blondes are stupid and then they posted on the wrong board. giggle Besides, I'm a blonde, too. I think I'm color #57 or something. p.s. I just took a 2 1/2 hour nap on the couch. Think I could still be sick? Whatever...works for me. My eldest cleaned while I was sleeping. I should milk this for a while. :) Oh, also, I dreamed of the next generation in movies. You buy special glasses and then take a blankie outside and gaze up at the sky. All 3D and really cool. You can smuggle in all the treats you want 'cause your watching w/ the neighbors from your yard. 'Course, prices weren't listed in my dream. (There's the rub.) Sorry I missed babble day. I think I'll go take some more meds.

gphawk89 8 years, 1 month ago

I predict the Cards will win it in five games. I further predict that the final score of the fifth game will 4-2.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 1 month ago

I'm still pulling for my Kansas City Royals!!

audvisartist 8 years, 1 month ago

Wow, you're good gphawk! You'd make millions if you started an "it already happened psychic hotline!" :D

jonas 8 years, 1 month ago

"Posted by sunflower_sue (anonymous) on October 28, 2006 at 1:45 p.m. (Suggest removal)

My calendar says it's National plush animal lovers day"

There's a day for furries? Creepy!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 1 month ago

My calendar says it's National plush animal lovers day and also (and more importantly) National Chocolate Lovers day!!!!

OK, the green meanies started today. (Just thought I'd share.)

classclown 8 years, 1 month ago

an "it already happened psychic hotline!"

=======================================

HAHAHA... Kind of sounds like a skit SNL or Mad tv would do.

Thanks for the laugh this morning.

H_Lecter 8 years, 1 month ago

Gootsie,

I was thingking of BBQing...any of these sound good? http://www.eatbabies.com/recipes/index.htm

Maybe the 2nd recipe?

You say "hole in the ground" like it's a bad thing?

ohjayhawk 8 years, 1 month ago

How do you answer this question other than by what's already been said?

Too funny R_I!

Linda Aikins 8 years, 1 month ago

Wow H. I asked for it, didn't I? But I'm on a diet right now (or eternally). Thanks anyway.

HELP! Sue, any miracle cures out there for you? H_Lector wants me to eat babies.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 1 month ago

And I meant to say it to Topeka, Sooz. My hair is blonde with blonder highlights, so I'm mostly smart.

Tomorrow is my birthday! Hannibal, can you "whip" up something tasty for me? I'd ask Sue but she's under the weather. I know you'd like to have her in a hole in ground, wouldn't you?

H_Lecter 8 years, 1 month ago

S_S, My dentist has goggles that you can watch movies or TV with. She let me try them and I started laughing at what I was watching, while she was cleaning my teeth. She had to wait for me to stop laughing. You are VERY removed from the outside world while using them. They have the headphones built in. I can only imagine...