Previous   Next

Do you think the Chiefs have a shot at making the postseason?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 23, 2006

Browse the archives

“Possibly, a very, very wild card. They’re doing horrible right now, and they’ve got the Chargers coming. Not good.”

“I think they always have a chance, but they always screw it up. Even if they made it, they wouldn’t make it far.”

“I think they need some receiver threats before that could happen. Larry Johnson can’t do it all. That, and they need to get Trent Green back.”

“No, probably not. I think they’ve lost too many games already, and they always choke.”

Related story

Comments

ladysilk 8 years, 6 months ago

The Chiefs or Tines? The Chiefs may not have a chance but Tines might. Then again he is as inconsistent at the Chiefs. If they are going to have a chance then they need to stop playing KU football and dominate both halves of the game.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 6 months ago

Is it legal for a team to threaten receivers?

I don't think the Chiefs have a realistic shot at the postseason, but what do I know -- I watch the Liedowns. Er, Lions.

On second thought, I should know a lot about not making the postseason...

Go Tigers.

don_burgess 8 years, 6 months ago

I love watching die hard Chiefs fans have all their hopes crushed every year. I used to be one of them -but now I laugh at their chronic failures.

There is a reason why the are nicknamed The "Kansas City Griefs," people.

For all you KC fans out there...

THE CHIEFS ARE A LOSING ORGANIZATION. ACCEPT IT.

Teapot9 8 years, 6 months ago

NOPE!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!! I cannot stand the Chiefs or their fans. KC is arguably the worst town in America. People are 20 years behind the rest of the country, KC people always think that people from anywhere else are trying to swindle them. Being from Chicago (a real city) I can say that I have seen real swindling everyday. Kansans in general are pathetic too, my three roomates freshman year (2 from JoCo and one from Russell) thought that the delivery charge for $35 from Gumby's was his tip ($1.50) nor did they want to give him anymore!!!! Anyway, I hope the Chiefs barely miss the playoffs and everyone here is heartbroken. GO BEARS!!!

shuddleston 8 years, 6 months ago

Even if they do have a shot they'll mess it up - different year same story!!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 6 months ago

ladysilk, I can't let you get away w/ dissin' Tynes. He may have had a couple bad kicks yesterday, but you realize, he normally is anything but inconsistent. For '06, he's tied for the 6th highest ranking kicker in the NFL. For the Chiefs, he is dominated only by Lowery (my man), Stenerud, and he is now tied with Stoyanovich for field goals made over 50 yards. (Those are some pretty impressive names he shares company with.) Give the man his due respect. Respect the Tynes! (And he's not half bad to look at, either!) ;)

betti81 8 years, 6 months ago

The Chiefs are my second favorite team and I don't think they have a chance of making the playoffs this year. sorry boys, just too many injuries.

"Liedowns. Er Lions" --tee hee how true sarge.

oh, and what was that on Kenny Roger's hand last night? ;)

sgtwolverine 8 years, 6 months ago

Or they could have asked, "What will the Chiefs be readoing in the postseason?"

sunflower_sue 8 years, 6 months ago

Of course they do! GO CHIEFS!!! LT redeemed himself yesterday and we can still redeem this season. (I loved Marty's face after the game.) snicker

RI, If you want to celebrate mole day, I'll let you come over and take potshots at this one that is tearing up my yard. I will not celebrate this vile little creature with you. But maybe I'll examine any moles I have for size and/or color change.

trinity 8 years, 6 months ago

Pywacket, you made me laugh out loud! :) i LOVE your Suess tribute! :D (and i totally agree!)

if i'd have been asked this question-i'd have insisted they reframe it to "do you CARE if the chiefs have a shot at making the postseason"....

moralebooster 8 years, 6 months ago

"Bullets"..."Crackpipes"

No wonder Topekans are banned at some places in Lawrence. How about those roundabouts

sgtwolverine 8 years, 6 months ago

betti, I have no idea what was on his hand. Apparently it wasn't a big deal, since there was nothing but a couple manager/umpire conversations. There are Cardinals fans (or conspiracy prophets who don't care about either team) who keep suggesting it was pine tar, but I have a hard time believing Rogers would be that stupid.

And in any case, his hand was clean after the first inning.

Teapot9 8 years, 6 months ago

are women allowed to post here when it deals with male subjects?

betti81 8 years, 6 months ago

agreed sarge. i just find it funny how quickly it becomes a big deal. he continued to pitch well, so i don't think those theorists have a leg to stand on.

teapot--of course. i actually know more about some sports than my boyfriend (had to explain the infield fly rule to him just last night).

sgtwolverine 8 years, 6 months ago

betti, to follow up: according to the Detroit News, Rogers said the substance was mud; the Cardinals didn't make a big deal about it, and as you noted, he kept pitching well, so it seems to be a non-issue.

I just want to know how a 41-year-old can pitch like that. My goodness.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 6 months ago

Yes, TOB, I suppose I do. Someone check Rogers' phone records -- I bet he's been calling Barry Bonds.

Ceallach 8 years, 6 months ago

what happened to bob_part_deux's 10:49 post??? I was about to ask him about his jaunt in the woods, and now I can't see his post!!!

The Chief's, no, I doubt it.

trinity 8 years, 6 months ago

heyheyhey put me on this here petition too! we MUST stamp out bobatude abuse! this is ridiculous!

SpeedRacer 8 years, 6 months ago

Official mole day drink: 18 grams of water to wash down the number of Avogadros.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 6 months ago

sgtwolverine, too. At least tell me what he did wrong!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 6 months ago

I wrote a letter to the LJW the other day concerning our beloved OMB and did not get the simple courtesy of a reply. I was a bit miffed. No I am so very miffed!

everyone with me: "We want Bob! We want Bob!..."

Ceallach 8 years, 6 months ago

sue, I did not get a reply, either . . . and I was nice :) in fact for me I was very nice . . . see how far that got me :-\

Question of the Day: If we were to "channel" omb or bpd, would we also be disapearedededed? (I looooovvvveee that word - now I just have to be careful not to use it at work :)

bankboy119 8 years, 6 months ago

Definitely not going to make it just like every year.

trinity 8 years, 6 months ago

somebody please pass me a tissue-i asked to be on the list&have been denied. sniffsniff

long live the bobs-all of 'em! :)

Ceallach 8 years, 6 months ago

I want to vouch for trinity -- she more than deserves to be on the list -- since she like the rest of us has walked that fine line yet remained undisappearededed :):)

For all the obvious reasons this is not a "man rule" but instead a "posters rule." Anyone recognizing a bob by anyother name. . . do your communicatin' off-board. Alas, it may have been members of his fan club that blew his cover.

trinity 8 years, 6 months ago

yay!!!

i think maybe i was disappeareded one time...but not to the degree that i couldn't come back!

ceal, you're a peach! happyprettyfallmondayafternoon to you&all.

jonas 8 years, 6 months ago

Posted by The_Original_Bob (anonymous) on October 23, 2006 at 3:12 p.m. (Suggest removal)

ms_canada

pywacket

Prospector

blue73harley

RonBurgandy

Trinity

jonas!

(I just had to correct the spelling of sgtwolverine) :):)

Ceallach 8 years, 6 months ago

Darn!!! I missed the digs by being such a loyal employee and working my fingers to the bone, thereby being unable to keep up with the important things of the world. For instance, I missed the degree whereby one poster is held in higher regard than another! (I dare not name names.)

Welcome innocuous! Innocuous, eh? Wonder how long it will take for us to turn you around :)

H_Lecter 8 years, 6 months ago

innocuous posts, As someone who has been previously cast out to the oblivion of banned-dom, I can attest that the pain is not nearly as great having to listen to someone scream.

The "m" person isn't worth...

ms_canada 8 years, 6 months ago

This bob disapearedededed stuff is getting ridiculous, I was thinking of phoning LJW and speaking with someone about it but my long distance bill is rather high right now, so why don't a couple of you Lawrence people phone them and protest, (nicely, of course) . I greatly fear that there are gremlins in the works at LJW. I heard from bob and he has no idea why they are bumping him.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 6 months ago

Welcome IP. I would bring you a basket of muffins and welcome you properly, but I don't know where you live. Just enjoy these "cyber muffins" that I baked for you. :)

Grundoon Luna 8 years, 6 months ago

Bring back the Bob! Bring Back the Bob! I want my O-M-B, O-M-B, O-M-B-, O-M-B. I want my O-M-B, O-M-B, O-M-B I want my O-M-B, O-M-B, O-M-B, O-M-B B-A-A-A-A-A-A-ACK!!

Seriously, though, the only thing One More Bob is guilty of is giving Marion a giant load of crap. Yes, sometimes a giant load. heck, if the yanked him. I cannot be very far behind.

Oh, R_I!! I love that flick. It was on cable this weekend.

Doc Schwartz: " . . . and why do you say trapped?" Inmate: "Huh?" Doc: "Why do you say that you feel trapped in a man's body?" Inmate: "'Cuz sum times I gets dem menstril cramps real hawd."

Katara 8 years, 6 months ago

Can I be added to the bring back OMB list?

I don't post in this section very often. Obviously this is where the cool people hang out ;)

I don't know how long I'll last here either. I've given the "m" crap too.

Katara 8 years, 6 months ago

Oooo...can I give a speech in front of city council too?

juscin3 8 years, 6 months ago

Wow, looks like someone was bored today! LOL