Previous   Next

Do you like any foods with pumpkin in them?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 18, 2006

Browse the archives

“Pumpkin pie. Thanksgiving is about the only time I eat it, so it’s sort of a special occasion.”

“I really like pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie and roasted pumpkin seeds. I recently tried a pumpkin beer. I forget which brand it was, but it was good. It tasted just like pumpkin with a little nutmeg.”

“Oh yes, I love pumpkin foods. I make the best pumpkin smoothies.”

“I like pumpkin pie a lot. I like pumpkin bread, pumpkin bars and the seeds. I’ve actually had a pumpkin pie shake with whipped cream that was really good.”

Related story

Comments

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

MINK PUP PUMPKIN KIN PUMP INK PUMP PINK UMP IMP PUNK

You decide.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

R_I, the worst of my knowledge would reside in other local towns. Tecumseh is actually a nice place.

Sue, I think you should call it a Pumpkin Roundabundt Cake.

Ken Miller 7 years, 11 months ago

well, you did it. my quest to find a roundabout-free string continues.

Brent Cagle 7 years, 11 months ago

No love for the pumpkin pie Blizzards at DQ? Those things rock!

ohjayhawk 7 years, 11 months ago

I am lucky to have a wife who is from a small town that has a pumpkin festival every year (where the King Pumpkin regularly weighs in over 1000 lbs). So, she naturally has a long list of wonderful pumpkin recipies.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

RI, what are yeppers? Are those like yellow peppers?

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

R_I, to the best of my knowledge there are no roundabouts in Tecumseh, MI, so they would have had to merge.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

Doesn't Starbucks offer a Pumpkin Spice Latte? I'm told those are pretty good.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

Only occasionally.

In a town near here, they had an apple festival and a pumpkin festival. They decided to merge the festivals, calling it the applumpkin festival.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

oscarfactor, I can make a mean (as opposed to nice) pumpkin bundt cake resembling the famed roundabout. I'll forever now call it a "pumpkin roundabout cake."

acg 7 years, 11 months ago

pie, bread and I have a recipe for a great pumpkin tart. That's about it.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

Pumpkin pancakes at IHOP. WOW WOW WOW!!!

And I agree with Clint. He looks like a pum'kin!!

Ken Miller 7 years, 11 months ago

I'd like to see how some of you posters can work roundabouts into this string.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

My littl'un has pumpkin pie instead of cake on her birthday.
I like most thinks pumpkin. I used to make this fantastic pumpkin cheesecake. My current fav. thing to do w/ pumpkin is to mix a box of choc. cake mix with a can of pumpkinand a cup of water. Throw in some chocolate chips for good measure. Spray the heck out of those silicone mini-muffin pans, fill, and bake. Easy and yummy. OK, that's settled, I'm making something pumpkin today.

Gootsie, suppose we could get Clint to deliver our pizza? (Get your heads out of the gutters, boys! I just can't get anyone to deliver me a pizza...pumpkin or otherwise.)

sourpuss 7 years, 11 months ago

The Pumpkin Pie ice cream at Baskin Robbins is de-lish. Very creamy and rich with little crunchy ie crystals for texture. And I second the Pumpkin Pancakes at IHOP.

I make a mean Pumpkin muffin with cream cheese filling.

Charla Welch 7 years, 11 months ago

I used to hate pumpkin pie but have learned to like it.

My mom used to always roast the pumpkin seeds from our jack-o-lanterns. I refused to eat them when I was little. Hubby and I might try it if we have time to do any carving this year.

Bone777 7 years, 11 months ago

Favorite Halloween tradition-

Beef stew baked in a hollowed out pumpkin. Taste great and looks really cool.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

Yes Sue! Or One_Magnificent_Bob.

I believe in virtual reincarnation, by the way.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

Chumpkin? Vanuddle? Py, you're starting to sound like a Taco Bell commercial. Smunchy!

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

"I love you!" Well, that was awkward!

Ya'll are makin me hungry! Must go bake.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

Oh, come on, don't tell us you're going to bake unless you're prepared to offer us food.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

Sue, I think we should try. Maybe we should be delivering to him! ;) Hutchinson is a fur piece down the road.

I can't believe I forgot this one - I was in Branson a couple of weeks ago and bought some pumpkin fudge. It was awesome!

No pumpkin fruitcakes? And Hannibal, where are you? Oh, and inmate - stay clear of this topic, k?

jonas 7 years, 11 months ago

Much like roundabouts, pumpkins, while possibly appealing, are innefficient at their particular job. Roundabouts are innefficient in controlling traffic, due to the huge amount of money invested in their construction, the lack of knowledge for many on how to drive through them, and their tendency to provide scenery rather than benefit. Pumpkins are inneficient at providing sustanance, due to the huge amount of time invested in making the edible, the lack of knowledge (at least for myself) on how to prepare them to make them edible, and their tendency to become, around this time of year, scenery rather than food.

smiles 7 years, 11 months ago

I love pumpkin pie with a roundabout of whipped cream on top!!

jonas 7 years, 11 months ago

Oh yeah, and if you put enough of them in the middle of the road, they tend to gum up the works around rush hour.

imagold 7 years, 11 months ago

My family likes the pumpkin cranberry bread I bake.

sourpuss: Please share your recipe for the pumpkin muffins with cream cheese filling.

Pywacket: That's a roundabout way of cooking pumpkin.

That's all I've got.

ms_canada 7 years, 11 months ago

After Hallowe'en is over I like to cut the pumpkin up and grated the flesh. Then I make lots of pumpkin streudel. It is made just like apple streudel and it is my fav streudel. It is so yummy. Have lots of other pumpkin favourites also. Pumpkin cheesecake with a splash of brandy in it is great. Sue - love that chocumpkin idea. I will have to try that.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

R_I, if they were small enough towns, Corgan may never notice. Otherwise ... fight the power.

Py, yes, Taco Bell's latest ad theme is combining words. I think smunchy was soft, melty, crunchy, or something like that.

I love the Celereal idea. You should do something with it. I have to admit, I didn't even know Kazoo was the Celery Capital.

Tony Kisner 7 years, 11 months ago

S_S - Pizza? yeah, I like going to the Flamingo because the beer is cold there.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

EDI, you would enjoy the hot wings at hOOters. :)

jonas 7 years, 11 months ago

Pwywacket: Hmm. . informative. Now, please tell me how to properly navigate a roundabout so I can maintain my even analogy.

shuddleston 7 years, 11 months ago

I like to eat my Pumkin pie roundabout the time I finish my candy yams and turkey!!

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

OMG - NO! I don't know why. Do you think it was ***?

NancyO 7 years, 11 months ago

BACK TO PUMPKIN RECIPES: Add pumpkin to any chili recipe. Check out the Rolling Prairie cookbook for a black bean and pumpkin recipe.

H_Lecter 7 years, 11 months ago

insulting

and

insolent

55 yr-old

delinquent

still

here? (What a pumpkinhead)

Thanks,

H_L

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

I leave for a few hours and what happens?

The world turns upside down.

OMB is one of my favorites.

Where have you gone?

It's time for another Bob.

Maybe One_Macho_Bob?

The injustice of it all.

How terrible!

I think we should celebrate OMB day tomorrow.

Thanks.

s_s

Ceallach 7 years, 11 months ago

omg. . . is omb really gone? Say it ain't so!!! What happened?

Ceallach 7 years, 11 months ago

This just ain't right. . . . what a bonnie bobby he was. ms_canada is going to be very . . . . irritated . . . . and sad!