Previous   Next

What should people do for their boss on National Boss Day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 16, 2006

Browse the archives

“I think a card would be a good thing, or simply tell them to have a happy Boss Day.”

“I would give my boss a gift certificate for a massage because she’s under a lot of stress.”

“Bring him some coffee and doughnuts.”

“I’m not sure that bosses will even know that it is Boss Day. I’d skip it.”

Comments

jonas 7 years, 10 months ago

KS 7 years, 10 months ago

Just show up for work and do the job. Bosses like that.

Kuku_Kansas 7 years, 10 months ago

jonas posted: "I would say try not to waste time checking the internet message boards at work for the day but hey, come on!"

See...that's why I wanted to call in sick. ; )

Redzilla 7 years, 10 months ago

Isn't every day Boss Day? I mean, isn't that the point behind being The Boss?--people have to do what you say and you get to do what you want.

acg 7 years, 10 months ago

tsk tsk, RI, control your dirty thoughts. :) It would never go down that way, they're old and spongy.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 10 months ago

This is the first time I've heard of National Boss Day.

Isn't every day National Boss Day for heads of state?

sunflower_sue 7 years, 10 months ago

Py, I think I'll do the same. Technically, I do have a boss but since he's out of town, I don't think he'll mind. Besides, since I have to collect his mail, feed his cat, etc...that just creates more work for me. I'll just get my regular work done before he gets back.

OK, Gootsie and I would like some clarification. Are you allowed to take down a football player by the hair, but just not allowed to pick them back up by the hair? Was that the "unsportsmanlike conduct?" Was it in the "picking up" after of the play?

sourpuss 7 years, 10 months ago

Another Hallmark Holiday. Fuggedabouit.

Ceallach 7 years, 10 months ago

You are right, sgt. Maybe for the "National Boss" we could give the pres one day without blaming him for everything from the fall of mankind to the lack of oxygen on Mars. Thank goodness Arnold has already figured out the Mars problem, solved it and made it into a movie :)

For my boss, I showed up for work today. A day working with me would be a bright spot in anyone's life.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 10 months ago

Ceal, you could come and work with me today. That would be a bright spot in this cold, dank, and dreary day! Too bad about the pres, I was going to blame him for the Chiefs' loss yesterday. Now I'm upset.

acg 7 years, 10 months ago

I really dig my bosses, too. They're a great group of guys and they treat me excellently. So I made them cookies and rice krispie treats, because food makes them happy. On office professional's day they always buy me flowers and take me out for lunch and get me a bit drunk, so munchies is the least I can do.

Bone777 7 years, 10 months ago

I will wash my nose BEFORE I put it in his butt.

roger_o_thornhill 7 years, 10 months ago

Next time I get Labor Day off, I will celebrate Boss Day.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 10 months ago

I really really really enjoy my bosses. I'm very lucky.

At this point, they'll get an e-card. Crept up on me. And one is overseas.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 10 months ago

Sue, twenty bucks says Marion will give us an answer in 500 words or more! ;)

sgtwolverine 7 years, 10 months ago

Ceal, you can blame all that stuff on city government today, since they're not national bosses. So sue, direct your blame to the city government.

Oh, and yes, the penalty was not on the tackle itself; it was on the extracurricular activity after the tackle. A few years ago the league had to address the issue of long hair, and they said the hair is considered part of the uniform, and thus is fair game for tackling. Essentially, they said wear your hair long at your own risk.

Father_Guido_Sarducci 7 years, 10 months ago

I sent his Holiness, the Pope, a beautiful card.

I just wanted him to know what a wonderful job I think he's doing. And you know, him being a German and all, I really wasn't sure what to expect when he was elected pope. I mean, Italians have their own way of doing things, mind you. But so far so good, I say!

God bless you, Pope Benedict XVI!!

samsnewplace 7 years, 10 months ago

Boss's Day...hmmm, wonder if there is a workers day and if so, was it remembered also? If not, do you remember their day? I dunno.

Ceallach 7 years, 10 months ago

sgt, someone should tell our commissioners they are not national bosses. They seem to be unaware of that fact. Declaring National Dada Days . . . I think even the more liberal news medias would take issue with that . . . and I would luuuuuuvvvv to see Fox News report on it :):)

sunny_sue: I'll be out soon, with a pitcher of sweet, red, Sangria! Ole! Did I forget to mention that's the best fuel for brightening of days?

sister 7 years, 10 months ago

I'm giving mine my letter of resignation. Yippee!!!!

hums along with Marion

Kuku_Kansas 7 years, 10 months ago

Maybe we should stick it the man.

But sir, you ARE the man.

I know.

So you're sticking it to yourself?

Maybe.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 10 months ago

sister, congrats!!! Something like this calls for a celebration. Your treat!

Linda Endicott 7 years, 10 months ago

I think I'll do the exact same thing for my boss on boss' day that he did for me on Labor Day...absolutely nothing.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 10 months ago

So Marion, what DO you think about long hair on football players?

Ceallach 7 years, 10 months ago

omb, I talked with my mother over the weekend, tried to get them to share some of the rain, apparently she didn't send us enough! We could still use more, send it our way!

Tychoman 7 years, 10 months ago

Announce to your boss that you're the organizer of the new union. BAhahaha!

KSChick1 7 years, 10 months ago

whoever said you'll wash your nose before you put it in your bosses butt, that's great!!!!!!!!!!!! made me laugh for about 3 minutes

I call my boss a bosshole so this morning I told her Happy Bosshole's Day, we laughed, and went on back to work

Linda Endicott 7 years, 10 months ago

Wow...and you're still alive, and employed?

sister 7 years, 10 months ago

strips off the habit sets out a pitcher of margaritas

just gotta figure out how to avoid short-timers syndrome

Emily Hadley 7 years, 10 months ago

Darn it--I wish they would have asked this yesterday so I could have gotten some doughnuts this morning!