Previous   Next

Are you excited about Late Night in the Phog?

Asked at Kansas Union on October 13, 2006

Browse the archives

“Yes, I’m very excited. I camped out for about three hours for second-row seats last year.”

“I’m always excited to see what KU is going to bring to this year’s season.”

“Yes, I really like it. You get to see the new players, they have some shows and usually have some free stuff to give out. I feel like it really gets the whole town pumped up for basketball season because it’s open to everyone.”

“I’m extremely excited. Any time there is free stuff I’m there, and I’m excited to see the players.”

Comments

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

TOB: that would be the Deluxe cake, didn't see any reference to alcohol . . guess you have to "soak" it on your own :)

beatrice 8 years, 5 months ago

I just don't understand how the guys can play hoops under such hazy conditions. I'd recommend they wait until mid-day, once the phog clears.

Now, I am off to get my nails done by the company beautician, before I slip into the sack with the company gigilo but after enjoying a home-made waffle by the company owned Swede. (It is simply amazing how many distractions my non-Kansas based company has to make sure we don't really think about the fact that they have us working 75 hours a week. Life is swell here in Bangalore.)

jhawkdpt 8 years, 5 months ago

rock chalk...please live up to the hype!

Bone777 8 years, 5 months ago

Since yesterday I have been feeling slighted by my employer after....

KsExPat wrote - "I'm off to the company-paid masseuse and then the company gourmet cafeteria."

So I went and bought me one of them back scratchers with a hand on the end and I have been making double the trips to the vending machine!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, K sex pat

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

I'll make National Whiners Day right now if anyone expects me to observe Beardless Day! No way do I cut my goatee after nearly six and a half years.

(Wow. I just realized it's been that long...)

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

sgt, if you braid it, I suppose that is trying to keep it neat??? Put some beads in there for a true macrame look.

Bone777 8 years, 5 months ago

National Fire Prevention week - Slogan - 'Think what you heat.'

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

You boys play nice or I'm off to my 3 hour lunch followed by the company polo match.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

Gootsie, I wouldn't even be here cept for the fact that the Texas news is so censored I didn't know about how ignorant all y'all were until I was hopelessly endentured here :-\

Ken Miller 8 years, 5 months ago

TOB:

My pet ferret would be a coaching upgrade over Mike Davis, so on that point we agree.

As for Oklahoma, I disagree with your talent assessment and what Kelvin got out of his players. Having to recruit in the same areas as OSU, Texas and KU and having to play those programs one or two (or three) times a year, I think Kelvin did pretty well. And he was the one Big 12 coach that could come into Allen Fieldhouse and you wouldn't automatically chalk up a win for KU, because Oklahoma was always a bruising team under his watch.

Now, to be honest, as an Indiana alum I thought Steve Alford was a lock to replace Davis. No one I know even had Kelvin on their radar. But I am pleased as punch that Kelvin is in Bloomington, as I am sure many KU fans are because the Sooners will be worse off without him.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

Maybe sister has'nt a good enough reason to stay awake? Rapping the knuckels of miscreant children with a ruler really takes it out of ya. Maybe going to bed at 9 pm is habit forming.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Happy birthday old_moustache_(of)Bob!

KSPat was a fake, I think.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

I'm w/ Gootsie. Either she's fake or her opinions are. Someone so hoity-toity wouldn't talk about "co-workers." They would say: "the peons working for me..." She was too full of contradictions and her/himself.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

No, sue, really it's just me having fun with it. I don't put much effort into keeping it neat, even for work.

I could think of only one picture of me that I have online -- normally I stay behind the camera. Here, sue -- this is my keeping it neat for work. It's a minimum effort.

Now I'm going to go watch a not-yet-released major motion picture in my company's private movie theatre. Then I think we're off to our weekly corporate cruise to the Bahamas.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

facial haired men, I dig me a man with some facial hair! (neatly trimmed, though. None of that hippie lookin'- long beard stuff.) The hubby shaved his beard off twice in the time I've known him. The first time, the kids wouldn't stop crying and the second time, I was going to be out of town for several weeks and he thought he could grow it back before I got home. The itch of it growing back in was so irritating that I don't think he'll be trying that again!

RI, are men ever truly done nailing anything? I once pulled up a 6 inch square piece of flooring that had 5 tenpenny nails in it. I guess they didn't want it to go anywhere. yeash! -sexist_sue

acg 8 years, 5 months ago

Oh to be young again, and have the time to camp out for tickets. :(

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

sgt, OK, I'll admit that the longer goatee looks good on you, but what I really want to say is "My, what a big zoom you have!"

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

RI, now you've ruined my cover by exposing my true identity! How rude! and yes, the Jay is for JayhawK :-P

Kontum1972 8 years, 5 months ago

will there be a public stoning of the AD and the Chance in center court...after this sanction crap?

trinity 8 years, 5 months ago

i just finished my biskit...mmmmm!

i'd be more excited about late nite if i were going...anybody wanna get me a t-shirt?? ;)

ROCK CHALK!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

Anyone celebrating "National Peanut Day?" I think I'll pay homage to George Washington Carver at lunch today and eat me a big blop of peanut butter right off the spoon. Maybe I'll wash it down with a quart of melted chocolate. That should cure yesterday's "National Moment of Frustration Scream Day" and gear me up for tomorrow's "National Dessert Day." Since tomorrow is also "Be bald and free day," I think I'll bust inmate loose and then shave his head.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

ROFLMAO! No, they had just never seen him w/out a beard and they were still pretty young. "What did daddy do?" I can still remember how bitter I was when my mom chopped off her long beautiful hair for a "wash and wear do." (At least she shoved all of her hair up into a short wig for a couple of weeks so that we could get used to seeing her that way.)

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

I see all y'all have been having great fun while I've been working like a dawg! (at catching up on yesterday's posts) and takin a lessin bout the ignerunt ones who don't leave KS :) The girl definitely has issues!

While we DO have some lovely starry, starry nights, apparently this state was never meant for one as beautiful as her :-P

sue, perhaps the questions should not be whether or not they are "real," chances are they are real . . but were they home grown?

sister 8 years, 5 months ago

Since when is 6:45- 9:30 "Late Night?"

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Uh oh! Sue doesn't dig my goatee. I've let it grow out a few inches. It's a wonderful conversation piece, particularly when I braid it.

Ken Miller 8 years, 5 months ago

No doubt. November is the best month - college hoops, college football and the NFL.

My wife is not going to be happy with me.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

Absotively! But right now I have to get out of here before they think of something else they neeeeeed from me :)

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

TOB, why should I appreciate RI? What has he done for me lately? Lemme see, I kept his 3 devil spawn so he could take the missus on a date and then he kept my hubby out til all hours the other night while they discussed the importance of power tools and beer. Well, in all fairness, he did refill my glass the other day. I appreciated that.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

omb, we saw a bunch of snow in the air, but none stuck. Well, none of any significance. Just on some bushes and trees. I had to drive in the worst of the flurries, though, and it was certainly heavy in the air.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

sgt, Oct 18 is "Beardless day" so you'd better say bye-bye to the goatee. Dec 26th is "National Whiners Day" if you wish to complain.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

Take you time there bea, don't mess up your nails :)

Someone point me to the thread you are referencing before I go all postal here!! Pleeeeezzzzzzzz

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Cellach, I'm sorry you've been having to work. I have too and it stinks. But THANK GOODNESS!!!-- Richard Simmons is here at MY company to lead us in some aerobics, then carrot milkshakes.

ta ta!

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

"Be bald and free day"? When is "Be hairy and happy" day? My goatee and I protest.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

I always think goatees look like a guy (or older woman) was bobbing for apples in a vat of chocolate pudding (or appropriately-colored substance) and didn't wipe their face!

However, if it is good enough for sgt, it's OK for me!

I think KsPat needs a good waxing.

Ken Miller 8 years, 5 months ago

I'm MORE excited about late night in Bloomington, Indiana. We just stole the nation's top recruit, Eric Gordon, from the Illini. You know who coaches Indiana now?

Mr. Kelvin Sampson.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

TOB, that's wonderful! I'm so happy when our little corner of the world is noticed! Ashland doesn't get much, but then again we don't have anything nearly as famous as the big well.

I wonder if it is a stash of beer cans that you had from high school. Either way, GROOVY!

SGT, hot stuff you are! I'm sure Sue will be wanting to play something with you very soon.

KS 8 years, 5 months ago

I guess my glass is hafl empty on this subject. I expected more than what we got the last three years, but wish the Hawks the best anyway.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

500 points to sue for saying "miscreant."

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

I don't think I am. But I really can't say for sure. I doubt it.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Thrilled. I would be there, except I won't be there. It's still football season, you know. I have my priorities.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

Not any more! After reading the posts this morning I am much more interested in reading previous posts to see what I missed the last few days:)