Previous   Next

How many hot dogs do you think you can eat? (tofu dogs if applicable)

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 3, 2006

Browse the archives

“Eleven. Ten’s not enough to fill me up, but 12 is over the limit.”

“Probably about 10. I’m a really big eater. They’re not my favorite, but they’re OK.”

“I hate hot dogs. I could probably only eat two or three if I had to.”

“Seven. I’m an underachiever.”

Related story

Comments

BrianR 7 years, 11 months ago

I'm sure I could down two or three.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

yikes

(this is National One Word Answer Day)

Christine Pennewell Davis 7 years, 11 months ago

I like the 10 not enough and 12 is over the top, one unless it is bbq then two but 12 not a chance.

lunacydetector 7 years, 11 months ago

what a "politically correct" question. my question: if vegetarians are so disgusted by meat, why do vegetarian foods resemble meat?

trinity 7 years, 11 months ago

relish.

take however you choose. :)

trinity 7 years, 11 months ago

re hotdog question;

BURNT, from a grill-the ONLY way to fly! :)

oooooooooo, prospector-will have to go look in to that.

acg 7 years, 11 months ago

with lots of chili and cheese

they gotta be nathan's kosher or hebrew national.

I'll say again

mmmmmmm

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

Being from Michigan, I'm fond of a good coney dog. And they're so cheap at most coney restaurants, too.

I love Hebrew National's slogan: "We answer to a higher authority." Also, I went to a Tigers game last week, and it was fun to hear the Hebrew National vendor wandering around yelling "Kosher hot dogs!" Ball Park Franks were available, too, but I probably would have opted for the HN if I'd gone for a dog at all.

oldvet 7 years, 11 months ago

About a dozen, along with a few cold beers, preferably while watching a good ball game... and, hey, quit picking on vegetarians... most of the things I enjoy eating are vegetarians... :^)

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

Wow. He wanted to be terminated, and he was.

gccs14r 7 years, 11 months ago

"my question: if vegetarians are so disgusted by meat, why do vegetarian foods resemble meat?"

What makes you think that vegetarian food resembles meat?

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

Tofurkey and garden burgers, for two...

trinity 7 years, 11 months ago

marion must be upset his spelling is on the downhill slide today...

oooo ceal, did i just coin a weinie phrase?? my momma'd be so proud! :)

gccs14r 7 years, 11 months ago

Tell me, which part of a cow is hamburger-shaped? Just because ground meat can be pattied doesn't mean that other pattied food items are meatlike.

sgtwolverine 7 years, 11 months ago

gcc, that's sort of an odd distraction more than an argument. I think the point is that the hamburger is widely recognized as a meat product, and the garden burger is an attempt to take that same form without being meat.

Ceallach 7 years, 11 months ago

What can I say, trin, you have good taste :) She raised ya right!

beatrice 7 years, 11 months ago

As far as dogs go, I wouldn't want to eat more than two, and usually stop at one. Hebrew National for me -- they answer to a higher authority.

Marion: "Anothe (sic) self-delusion from the Left!"

What does food preference have to do with political leanings? If one is a vegetarian, they must be a Dem, while meat-eaters are Reps? Is that what you are saying? That is just stupid.

Marion, I'm thinking it is time you up the meds.

You are welcome, Bea

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

I have often wondered how many of those weiner cars a hummer could eat.

ms_canada 7 years, 11 months ago

Marion, I don't know where you got that info about raw soy beans not being fit for human consumption. I eat them, I put them in stew and chili. As I sit here I am about to go to the kitchen and get my soy burger out of the toastger oven and put in a whole grain bun with some nice onion relish and a slice of tomato from my garden. I will wash it down with a glass of soy milk and I will enjoy it. I have tried the soy wieners, but not liking regular wieners, I did not add them to my shopping list for the future.

ms_canada 7 years, 11 months ago

Oh and by the way, not all soy products are made from tofu, some are made with soy textured protein. Soy is rich in protein, and has no cholesterol.

ms_canada 7 years, 11 months ago

I had a wiener dog when I was a kid, his name was Rex. we had to leave him behind when we moved from Saskatchewan to B.C. I cried my eyes out.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

My childhood wiener dog was a black and tan named Heidi (God rest her little doggie soul).

Ms_C, make a big pot of beans with Soyrizo added sometime... muey yummy!

Bob, I'm thinking 4...one for each leg.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

My childhood weenie dog was Willie. My grown up ones were Tally, Fatty, Wabash, Son, Willy, and about 20 others that were given away when pups to friends.

Love those weenie dogs.

Explains a lot, doesn't it?

roger_o_thornhill 7 years, 11 months ago

You know what I think is odd: Kosher Dogs. Why have a rabbi bless such a rank food-product. I mean I like(d) hot dogs (more as a child than now), I would even eat them right out of the package, but it seems like the Jewish diet could do without them. Of course there are halal hot dogs too.

Anyways, I wish they'd bring back the frankenwiener. I think that is what it was called--with the chili and cheese already inside--mm, mmm--tasty.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

RI, don't many of your belongings mmet with some destructive ending? Matchbox cars, leaf-rakes, motorcycles, cars...I'm seeing a pattern here.

bleu, your "i before e" does not apply to Heidi...and I've just made you French...or French Canadian...or at least from the bayou. Do they eat hotdogs in Creole counrty? I've not seen them on the menu but all this talk "makes me want a hot dog real bad!"

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 11 months ago

About 2 is all I can do and that's if I am really hungry.

What luny? Meat envy? It's not so much that vegitarians want their products to look like meat, but that a patty is a handy form to place between slices of bread. "Tubular" (like, man, that was totally radical and so SO-Cal S_S. Yeah! Really bitchin') encasement will hold a variety of things that may not normally stay together. It may be to make them look similar to other foods, but there is a large practical element to it.

Signed, love my beef and pork, but tofu ain't bad when done well in a good recipe

Ceallach 7 years, 11 months ago

I love beanie weenies! Let's not have any dissing of them, dishing maybe, but not dissing.

prospector: was that on another article?

Sheesh, posters are dropping like flies the last few days. Someone's done gone and upset David again and he's kicking butt and deleting names.

Grundoon Luna 7 years, 11 months ago

Oh, and dude, all other posts of the day should be in beacher speak.

Not Valley 'cuz the Vals are lame a trash the beaches.

Totally gnarly!

Rock on!

sister 7 years, 11 months ago

Crescent Dogs - gourmet food from my childhood. The recipe is simple. Slice your dogs lengthwise, 1/2 deep. Shove velveeta into the openings. Wrap dogs in crescent rolls. Bake. Serve with ketchup. Highly processed and nutritionally challenged. Sweet memories . . . ahhhh

sunflower_sue 7 years, 11 months ago

sister, we had the poor man's version...weenie wrapped in a canned biscuit. No cheese, no crescent. Still yummy! (then again, me and MY sister would go steal weenies out of the freezer and eat them when our mom was on the phone. Listeria popcicles! Had to love those short phone cords! Why did they ever do away with those?

cnkasun 7 years, 11 months ago

Pywacket - I do, in fact, hate hot dogs. You could not pay me to eat one. I only answered 2 or 3 when repeatedly pestered and asked how many I thought I could eat if I absolutely had to, for whatever strange reason that would be.