Previous   Next

Which is the more important rivalry football game: K-State or Missouri?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 26, 2006

Browse the archives

“Historically, I’d have to say MU, because of the hate and all the history. But as far as pure passion, I’d have to say KU against K-State, because of the rivalry between the cultures.”

“I went to K-State and I know how the rivalry is, so I would say it’s KU and K-State. I think we should always cheer for Kansas in general until they play each other. Then you can pick sides.”

“K-State was the more important game, but I never would have said that before they beat Texas. I think people were more worried about that game, so it made it a bigger deal.”

“For me, it’s K-State. I guess just because of the tradition. We have a good K-State/KU rivalry amongst our family.”

Comments

Kelly Powell 8 years, 3 months ago

If mizzou hadn't prison raped us yesterday I bet the answers would be differant.

jonas 8 years, 3 months ago

Why, are we preparing coordinates for the cruise-missiles?

Linda Aikins 8 years, 3 months ago

Gloom despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom despair and agony on me.

moralebooster 8 years, 3 months ago

Outcoached AGAIN!

Of course no one will argue that Mangino needs to be fired. We all know that after Cornish graduates, we will have no offense, no defense, no coach, no recruiting, and no hope of winning an important game for the next few years. No tailgating after they build the new workout center.

KU Football is over. Let's tear down the stadium and move on. I almost forgot Lew Perkins and Robert Hemenway, let's fire them too! Last night's game will be the highlight of the b-ball season. We'll still never make it pastthe first round in the NCAA tournament, so let's cut our losses and fire Self now.

While we're at it, let's get rid of the Crimson Girls (and boy).

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!

conservativepunker 8 years, 3 months ago

I think coming to Lawrence is a headache for K-State fans.

kansaskate 8 years, 3 months ago

Ouch.

I think Mizzou...when I was younger someone explained to me that here at KU, we don't really care about K-State. They're just kind of ...there. However, we hate Missouri, and they hate us.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 3 months ago

nice, and fully agree RI. hate that noun into verb crap so common: efforting; concerning.

think we need a new football rivalry...say perhaps with Pot Haze State U?

when the Man-geno is removed from his post at KU...will KU gain 14ft of elevation?

Tamburlaine 8 years, 3 months ago

"Using gift as a verb is a sign verbal sloppiness do you not think?"

Those attributing to this the downfall of western civilization might take note that the first instance of gift as a verb in the OED is from the 16th century. Of course, judging from the over-corrective pleonasm of your question, it doesn't look like that'd be convincing counter-evidence to you.

pelliott 8 years, 3 months ago

I am glad this question even hit my consciousness, it means that the endeavors of the arts, the extraordinary accomplishments of individuals, the slight waft from roses, tthe political affairs of the world, the pollution of the earth and skies, the dispair of genocides ignored, the cosmic infinity of the heavens have not robbed me of remembering that some people care about collegiate football and that kind of crap. Go team go, beat them, they beat us, quite interesting.

Kuku_Kansas 8 years, 3 months ago

If we played Wichita St., perhaps we'd have a real in-state rival.