Previous   Next

How are you spending your Thanksgiving weekend?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 25, 2006

Browse the archives

“I came into town to drop off a friend and visit my friends. I’ll probably drive around my alma mater and enjoy the unseasonably warm weather. I do have some work to do though; some papers to grade.”

“With family and at work. My family came here to visit, but my husband and I are deejays so we have to work the weekend.”

“Today I’m hanging out with a friend and eating at the Eldridge. Then we’re going to the theater to watch movies. I’m going to save the shopping for the day after Christmas. That’s when the best sales are.”

“With ma and pa, and the whole bunch. There will be 18 of us; half from in town and half from out of town. We all grew up here.”

Comments

jonas 7 years, 11 months ago

I own a guitar. Guitar Hero gave my fingers some very much needed re-coordination and strengthening to get me to pick up my real guitar and get over the re-learning curve to where I can play decently again. I can certainly do both.

jonas 7 years, 11 months ago

Oh, you know. . . . burying the bodies.

Same ol, same ol.

/that and Guitar Hero II. Rocks!

Christine Pennewell Davis 7 years, 11 months ago

trying to work up the nerve to brave the stores ned some stuff for everyday and at least two birthday presents I will save the other 6 b-day presents for another day.

Dixie Jones 7 years, 11 months ago

im thinkin i could help randy grade thoes papers

moralebooster 7 years, 11 months ago

I'll be in the bathtub bleeding from my wrists after watching the Jayhawks lose two games in one day.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 11 months ago

eating delicious LEFTOVERS! internet radio for music you certainly can't find on the AM/FM dial.

enjoying the warm weather.

nice word that Jonas, glad Guit-hero helped you.

Sean38 7 years, 11 months ago

I was too tired and missed thanksgiving with my family. Second year in a row! More trouble in the middle east. What a row! It's like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Hamas, etc. and back around and goes it again and again. I sure hope Israel don;t get into it with Iran and take heavy casualties (any casualties!!), while they would/could nuke Iran, it'd be a case of "hooray for the military" as ithat goes- I mean to say more succinctly the roguists need to be deposed of their office- and, I say take them out, where they're at! In such situations there are still things to be thankful for, in the meantime---- the way a heavy migraine sets in and before you know it......................

Sean38 7 years, 11 months ago

No, of course I wasn';t connecting my family with Muslim extremeists, etc. I happened to use the word row twice for two different reasons. Wierd, wierd, wierd.

vegashawk 7 years, 11 months ago

Watching the Hawks beat the Gators in Las Vegas, not being negative towards a day when I get to be with family and friends in a country that celebrates Thanksgiving. I'm sure we all have things to be thankful for.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 11 months ago

Oh Innie, how could you let his e-mail sit for three days...he's such a little ray of perfect sunshine!

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

IP, I'm so sorry you didn't get to see yet another turkey!

I was in the armpit of Oklahoma with my family. It was wonderful!