Previous   Next

What are your predictions for the KU v. K-State football game?

Asked at Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on November 18, 2006

Browse the archives

KU is going to win 32 to 21. Our quarterback is going to dominate.”

“I think K-State is going to win because they beat Texas. The Longhorns usually come back in the second half, but K-State was able to hold them, so I think they’ll win.”

“I think we’re going to win because we’re at home, and I think we have a lot of potential that we’re all excited to see.”

“I think it will be pretty close until the last 10 minutes. Then we’ll probably fall apart like the last couple games, but I hope that doesn’t happen.”

Comments

Bone777 7 years, 5 months ago

Leprechaunking13 - I need to leave Mangino's weight alone, but this is too easy.

If they gave him the incentive you mentioned, he would be the highest paid coach in the Big 12.

Leprechaunking13 7 years, 5 months ago

What KU should have done about Manginos weight is built in incentives into his contract when they extended it. Incentives that say for every 20 pounds he loses he gets 1,000 dollars bonus, just like when he wins big conference games, televised games and bowl games he gets extra cash for all of those. I'm positive that if he was being paid to drop a few pounds he would lose 100 or so LBS pretty darn quick!

Bone777 7 years, 5 months ago

biggunz - Charles is a six grader. Give him a break. Educationally, he is a whole year behind most of the K-State fans.

biggunz 7 years, 5 months ago

come on charles h. k-state loses to texas 9 times out of 10.

and the above example is a reason i dislike k-state fans more than k-state. ksu is an average football team, even after beating texas. but win a big game and all of a sudden they're painting the state purple.

example #2...hire a big name coach and they automatically whip ku's ass in basketball. give it a rest grapes. walk the walk, then talk the talk. win a few basketball games before you run your traps. just once!!!

Gootsie 7 years, 5 months ago

Lay off Mangino, will ya? Enough is enough.

I was a little off in my prediction. I had a KSU man behind us say "Now you people here in Lawrence can see some real football." I had fun with that throughout the rest of the game, I'll tell you.

Mr_Ramirez 7 years, 5 months ago

No amount of men can hoist the enormous Mangino-saurus off the ground.

Mangino the Hutt is land ridden forever.....

Bone777 7 years, 5 months ago

from_beautiful_downtown_topeka - I was giving the Rockies, Sierras, and the Cascades some credit as a counter balance for the west coast, but you are probably right.

On the end of a crane, Man-giganto, would look alot like a jiggly wrecking ball.

Bone777 7 years, 5 months ago

Wow!!! I just checked the score.

I was right.

Bone777 7 years, 5 months ago

I would like to revise my prediction:

Kansas 39 Kansas State 20

sunflower_sue 7 years, 5 months ago

prospector, well, the boy can dance...I've seen him. I still think it odd. Mangino could benefit from a few of those dance workouts...but then, couldn't we all?

from_beautiful_downtown_topeka 7 years, 5 months ago

But seriously, folks.........

it is a huuuuuge (no pun intended) understatement to say that this man is "morbidly obese".

He is destined for an early grave.

And honestly, I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet!

from_beautiful_downtown_topeka 7 years, 5 months ago

Bone, my friend......Lawrence, Kansas is almost (not quite..but almost) dead-center in the United States...

Given that, wouldn't "hoisting" (as IP puts it) Mangino and having adversely affect either coast depend on what part of the field he was hoisted on?

I mean, if he was hoisted a little too far to the east side of the field...that would tilt the entire continent to the east....and the tides would be higher along the Atlantic Coast.....if he were hoisted a little too far to the west side of the field....then the western half of the US would dip down...and then all along the Pacific Coast the tides would be much higher.

I don't know....it just seems that way to me.

Seems like the safest thing to do after a big win (here in Lawrence) would be to have a crane hoist him up.....at mid-field. Right smack dab on the 50 yard line.

ohjayhawk 7 years, 5 months ago

TBM,

Yep, . Living in Ohio, they must've decided "why bother, everyone will be watching the OSU-Michigan game". I guess I'll just have to listen to Bob and David (boy, that still sounds weird) on my Sirius radio.

Bone777 7 years, 5 months ago

Coach Man-giganto cannot be hoisted.
It would adversely effect the tides on the East coast.

prospector 7 years, 5 months ago

Sue

Serious!

At the B-Ball game he was middle back of the two lines, wearing black tights like girls and a plain blue slightly baggy (it cover his butt) tee shirt and no pom-poms.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 5 months ago

prospector, So funny you should mention the guy on the dance squad. I frequent a facility where the dance squad practices and I saw him and wondered "what the...?" So, you are serious. He really does dance w/ them? What does he wear? (Not that I'm at all against male dancers...just don't expect to see one on an atheletic dance troupe.) Freaky!

prospector 7 years, 5 months ago

A dead pig? It is still a thriving business despite Marion's "karma".

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, it's like blind trees falling in unheard forests not noticed by someone who isn't there.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 5 months ago

It's a mystery.

Thanks.

Marion.

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 5 months ago

How in the world would a piece of a dead pig run in order to be chased?

Marion Lynn 7 years, 5 months ago

topflight:

I most certainly know what football is about.

Football is a game in which large men chase a small piece of a dead pig around a small field, while knocking the H+++ out of each other.

Thanks.

Marion.

couranna1 7 years, 5 months ago

Then we'd probably have three unable to play next week

Irish_Prince 7 years, 5 months ago

Has Coach Massive-gino ever been...ahem!...."hoisted" up and off the ground and carried off the field after a big win?

..........Nah, I didn't think so.

/I would imagine it would take at least 10 of his biggest and strongest football players to do so.....wouldn't you?

gccs14r 7 years, 5 months ago

KU will win for 3 quarters, then Mangino will run out of oxygen in his brain from standing all afternoon and get stupid like he always does.

Silence_Dogood 7 years, 5 months ago

I predict there will be lots of idiocy in a relatively small space.

Purell 7 years, 5 months ago

The Band will look really good.

prospector 7 years, 5 months ago

OTS question should be:

Should they issue a halter top and pom-poms to the guy on the dance squad?

halter top-no pom-poms -yes

Please don't jump on me, I mean no disrespect to the guy, I just think he should be able to shake them with the rest.

couranna1 7 years, 5 months ago

that would take effort. I'm sure someone will get them though

prospector 7 years, 5 months ago

Where is Karnack when you need him?

The answer is hermedically sealed in a mayonaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's © porch.

A football team wins.

Marion, are going to be out there collecting the 3,438,952 cans to finance your PAC or book?

TBM 7 years, 5 months ago

ohjayhawk: Are you sure about that? KU 42, K-State 35.

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 5 months ago

27 - 24. Not sure who will win. So my inside info might not help you much.

couranna1 7 years, 5 months ago

OSU and Notre Dame in BCS Championship Love those Fighting Irish

couranna1 7 years, 5 months ago

KU 28 kstate 24 OSU 45 Mich 17

Not much for either the Jayhawks or Wildcats to be too happy about but this will be a big win for KU How many are going to dive in the lake after the game?

topflight 7 years, 5 months ago

I predict Marion does not have a clue what the hell is going on today. Not a clue what the game of football is all about.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 5 months ago

And 249,687 lbs of peanuts will disappear.

Thanks.

Marion.

innocuous_posts 7 years, 5 months ago

Partly cloudy with a high temp around 50.

Redzilla 7 years, 5 months ago

When it's all over, K-State will still have more Rhodes scholars and KU will still have a better library.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 5 months ago

I predict that the game will be played and that 3,438,952 cans of beer will be consumed during half time.

Thanks.

Marion.

Warren6032 7 years, 5 months ago

KU will win. BUT the last quarter I will be very nervous.

Kuku_Kansas 7 years, 5 months ago

Rock Chalk Jayhawk....go KU!!!!

ohjayhawk 7 years, 5 months ago

And, as I am just finding out, unfortunately I won't be able to watch it. It appears Fox Sports Net has decided not to show the game in the same time slot as OSU-Michigan. What a crock. Heck, it's early and I'm in a rambling type of mood, so I'll go out on a limb and say Michigan 21 OSU 17 as a bonus pick.

ohjayhawk 7 years, 5 months ago

KU 24 K-State 23... I hope...