Previous   Next

Do you practice any form of meditation?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 4, 2006

Browse the archives

“I do yoga in my dance class, so I try and blend the two together.”

“No, I really don’t. I have other ways of relieving stress and clearing my mind.”

“Yes. I have my own personal method. I spend about 10 or 15 minutes in silence twice a day. I just try to calm down and stay level.”

“I do not. I just haven’t explored it. I relieve a lot of stress through exercise.”

Related story

sunflower_sue 8 years, 11 months ago

RI, "he's easy!" That's why I married him :o)

ms_canada 8 years, 11 months ago

ceallach - I ROTFLMDO. but of course during the barium bit, I surely did not laugh either.

ms_canada 8 years, 11 months ago

MILKMAN-DAN - you do group high colonics? Woo Hoo!!!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 11 months ago

RI, my calender says its "Waiting for the Barbarians Day." Since my #2 is at your house playing with your#2, I guess your wait is over. :):):) (I think I'll go take a nap!) p.s. if your in that "little room" in your it really all that quiet???

Meditation: I usually pray everyday but I don't know if that can be classified as meditation. I'm more in the line of Ceal, I read (from whatever) and reflect on certain things that may pertain to me. I do have a room in my house that is strictly off limits to noise, but I see that my hubby has smuggled a small TV in there. I must correct that situation.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 11 months ago

I take meditation for my stopped-up node.

ms_canada 8 years, 11 months ago

beautiful downtown topeka - you are asking that question of a nurse. We neither like nor dislike watching that sort of thing. It's all part of the job. :o)

jonas 8 years, 11 months ago

I made a nice zen room in my house, and though I don't really meditate, I do go in there for quiet and thinking.

SpeedRacer 8 years, 11 months ago

I have a large box in my living room that flashes random images lulling me into a deep since of mindlessness...then Bill O'Reilly comes on and I come down hard.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 11 months ago

agree with ceallach, meditating on scripture even while doing other things.

yes, yes and yes, I also use two other forms of meditation daily one or both as necessary: progressive muscle relaxation; and focused breathing. these are an important part of why my heart has regained strength in the last three years.

gootsi gets the funny hat today!

where's Inmate? maybe he's meditating in solitary? little too much trick or treat joy there?

Ceallach 8 years, 11 months ago

Waiting for the barbarians day, eh? Sounds promising . . I come from a long line of barbarians. Thus, they've always been my downfall:)

kahagalle 8 years, 11 months ago

How can Bush challenge Dimcrats about tax increses, when they have done the worst tax increase in any administration by way of deficit spending. Deficit spending is the worse form of government tax though not termed as Tax. Somebody someday have to find money to pay this deficit either by a form of tax and/or cutting back services to the less fortunate. Regan did it from 1.7 to 4.3 trillion. and now Bush did it from 5.3 to 7.8 trillion. Who is responsible for this expenditure???

bearded_gnome 8 years, 11 months ago

kahagalle, try a little meditation buddy!

beatrice 8 years, 11 months ago

Of course! How else would I be able to levitate?

sunflower_sue 8 years, 11 months ago

I'm with gnome! Now I'm going to go shut my eyes and meditate for 8 hours. Nighty, night gnome.

H_Lecter 8 years, 11 months ago

I prefer to do it while I'm driving

Sometimes after a good meal, it helps clear out all the screaming...

Katara 8 years, 11 months ago

I don't know, I_P. SpeedRacer's comment is very competitive on the funnyness category.

Ceallach 8 years, 11 months ago

I try to read scripture a little each day. No matter which book I'm in there is always a verse or two that catches my attention and causes me to meditate on how I should be applying it to my life.

Oh Danny Boy, finding moments of reflection during a high colonic . . well, that is just plain scary! They must be quite different than the barium type -- then I wasn't meditating I was praying I would survive it :):)

BrianR 8 years, 11 months ago

Boddington's Pub Ale is a pint of meditation that really works.