Previous   Next

What are your Memorial Day plans?

Asked at Checkers Foods, 2300 La. on May 29, 2006

Browse the archives

“I’m camping at Pomona Lake. We’re going fishing and hiking, and we’re going to have a barbecue - all that fun stuff.”

“I might go fishing out at Clinton Lake.”

“We’ll probably go out to the family’s grave site, and then we’ll have a family barbecue in the afternoon.”

“I’m going to spend it writing and typing on a computer. I have to work the entire weekend.”

Comments

OldEnuf2BYurDad 9 years, 1 month ago

Does anyone know where a guy can get a good cigar on Memorial Day?

paladin 9 years, 1 month ago

I am gonna go camping! And get bitten by chiggers, ticks, and skeeters, get dehydrated and have a terrible headache, cut my finger nearly off, maybe break my ankle, get stung all over by a flock of hornets, rip my new shirt, have a couple flat tires on the car which I've high-centered and have to get towed, yell at the kids, throw rocks at the dog, get hit over the head with an unknown large, hard object by the little woman, get lost in the woods and come out up on the highway and almost get hit by a big truck, get a lift back to the Lake and take the boat out and sink it, burn my new torn shirt, singe my hair and burn off my eyebrows trying to get the fire going with somemore lighter fluid stuff, drink way too much beer, pass out and get back home, somehow, who knows, and spend the next 3-4 days sick, wore out, wounded, embarrased, and ashamed, and even further indebted to my loving family. Camping is great and I always have a wonderful time.

BunE 9 years, 1 month ago

I am going to read the "killer angels" and call my grandmother and discuss the sacrifice of American Vets.

paladin 9 years, 1 month ago

Oh, I forgot. They said that with the skin grafts and after enough time, the sunburn will probably heal up and look almost normal. That's encouraging.

sunflower_sue 9 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for the chuckle this morning, paladin. That's almost so true it's scary, though.

We're gonna take 'er easy. Later, we will infringe on the hospitality of our friends as much as possible.

Right now, I'm going to go shear the hubby's head but first I'm going to give him a Mohawk hairdo and see how the kiddies react. :o)

jonas 9 years, 1 month ago

OldEnuff: Why, is Clinton coming into town? There's a little bar who's owner runs a tobacco plant /cigar factory, and he makes the best cigars I've ever had. The trouble is his little bar is located in central La Romano, in the Dominican Republic. Sadly, while in the states, I usually smoke black and milds.

Painting in the morning, Star Wars Battlefronts giant screen multiplayer action in the afternoon!

sd123 9 years, 1 month ago

I'm going to be packing and cleaning. Preparing for a move at the end of this month. During the day, I will stop periodically and say a prayer for all those who continue to defend our country. I'll also take some time to remember all of my loved ones who have died. I hope everyone enjoys their extra day off from work. Cheers.......

Liberty 9 years, 1 month ago

Here is a little movie from a soldier that was in Iraq (he is for bringing the troops home and not furthering the war) for those on computer today during Memorial day. This movie is not going to agree with the flag wavers that get their flags made in China. This describes some incidents of the Iraq war that are not pretty. It contains some disturbing graphic information from this soldier's point of view. View with discretion.

ms_canada 9 years, 1 month ago

I am going to say a prayer for our Canadian troops in Afganistan today. Last week one of our lady soldiers came home in a coffin. Her husband will need some prayers.

Liberty 9 years, 1 month ago

One_more_bob,

It looks like the video is a plant from the powers that be. You are right. Here is an article on why it was done.

Here is part of what is said:

The video has eclipsed the real evidence of US war crimes in Iraq. The BBC video above carries bona fide testimony from US soldiers who served in Iraq and were party to killing civilians. To emphasize, this video carries accurate, unimpeachable, and legitimate testimony regarding US war crimes in Iraq.

In addition, charges are expected to be brought against Marines after an investigation into the killing of 24 unarmed civilians in the Iraqi town of Haditha in November. Congressman John Murtha said that the slaughter and its subsequent cover-up could do more to harm the US reputation in Iraq than the Abu Ghraib scandal. To emphasize, this event carries accurate, unimpeachable, and legitimate evidence of US war crimes in Iraq.

The hoax video has allowed Neo-Con media government boot-lickers to discredit all claims of US atrocities in Iraq, despite the fact that the army has admitted to them and charges are pending. This is an exercise in bait and switch and it softens the backlash of opinion against the coalition of the killing when true and verified examples of war crimes are brought to the fore. It dilutes the reaction to a growing body of hardcore evidence of ceaseless atrocities committed against innocent Iraqis.

Liberty 9 years, 1 month ago

And you have information that is validated to back up your claim?

Liberty 9 years, 1 month ago

That is a well known place that does exist. Many world leaders have their meetings there and it is reported in the news media as well. You mean that you don't know about that and think that it is fake?

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.