Previous   Next

Where would you rather be for spring break?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on March 22, 2006

Browse the archives

“I would probably rather be relaxing on a beach in the British Virgin Islands.”

“If I could have gone anywhere for spring break, I would’ve gone to Moab, Utah. I had the chance to go, but I didn’t know it would be like this here. It would’ve been better if it had snowed more.”

“I would say somewhere on the West Coast with my closest friends just hanging out on the beach.”

“I would rather be skiing in Salem, Ore.”

Comments

sgtwolverine 9 years, 1 month ago

Well then, that settles it -- I definitely don't want to be in Alaska.

jonas 9 years, 1 month ago

These ones, a long time have I watched. All their lives as they looked away. Never their minds on Where. They. Were!. Hmm? What they were doing! Hmph.

jonas 9 years, 1 month ago

(to the future. to the horizen)

the force is not strong with me this morning

blessed3x 9 years, 1 month ago

Hey Napolean, what kind of gun did you use?

(...and did you attempt to conceal it?)

sgtwolverine 9 years, 1 month ago

Wrestling a wolverine to the ground? Wow, that would be fun to watch.

It's probably wise of you not to enter Michigan looking for wolverines. Believe it or not, it was big news when someone actually photographed a wolverine in Michigan. As I recall, it had been at least 100 years since anyone could verify such a sighting.

trinity 9 years, 1 month ago

that song always used to annoy me-still does.

i'm where i'm supposed to be right here right now; but if i were dreamin', i'd be puttin' down a sunny highway on a run from kansas to _ on a Harley. sigh thanks, now i'll never get any work done today! ;)

samsnewplace 9 years, 1 month ago

Hawaii on the beach, there is no place better!

ms_canada 9 years, 1 month ago

Wastin' away in Margueritaville with Jimmy B . :o) Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt!

ms_canada 9 years, 1 month ago

Another possibility would be Down around Biloxi, with Jimmy of course!
Out on his boat with a pitcher of Pina Coladas hmmm!!

cutny 9 years, 1 month ago

Man, I'm in Brooklyn right now. Give me Lawrence, KS any day. Marion...looks like you might have some time on your hands. Ever consider volunteering your formidable resources and time to those who might need it.

acg 9 years, 1 month ago

Panama City Beach, FL Manhattan, NY So. Padre Isl. camping in the badlands, SD Vegas, sunning myself beside the pool at MGM at home in bed There are many other places I'd rather be right now. Too numerous to list.

snoozey 9 years, 1 month ago

Eudora, they don't have roundabouts or the T-bus !

badger 9 years, 1 month ago

City-wise, I'm happy with where I am.

However, I'd really prefer to be on my back porch right now, drinking coffee, watching birds, and playing online games on the laptop.

In the last office move, I got one without windows. Bleah. I used to be able to watch grackles.

kansas_prairieland 9 years, 1 month ago

I'd like to spend spring break at the Phelps compound in Topeka. I'd like to be able sit by a warm fireplace and listen to the....Ahem!....."Reverend" Fred go on in detail about God's hatred for all-things-homosexual. And after several hours of his ranting and raving....maybe the two of us could go out for a beer.

And who knows? Maybe after the old man is drunk...he'll spill the beans and admit that he himself is a homosexual? Boy! Wouldn't that be something?!

acg 9 years, 1 month ago

hehe KP, is that one of those "I think he doth protest too much" sort of things? I know his granddaughter. She's been excommunicated from the family because she doesn't hate enough. She told me once that she always had her suspicions about him and what side is bread was really buttered on. I would love for someone to get photographic proof of that. Woohoo! Brokeback Baptist Church. :)

sd123 9 years, 1 month ago

ok.....whose logged in under my user name??? This is sd123 and for some f'd up reason, I'm logged in as one_more_bob YIKES!!! However, when I post, it is posted under my user name. what the hey?

sgtwolverine 9 years, 1 month ago

Apparently they didn't fix the problem.

Linda Aikins 9 years, 1 month ago

So, all of you want photos from my upcoming trip to northwestern Oklahoma and SW Kansas via TOB and MD's stomping grounds? I can arrange that! I thrive on envy.

I've skied Clark County before. Interesting..."That was no mogul - that was a cow chip! Let's throw it!"

kansas_prairieland 9 years, 1 month ago

Oh, acg.........I'm sure there have been many, many times in the Reverend's life where he has had both of his buns.....Ahem!....."buttered"!!! And I'm also sure that over the years he has "buttered" more than a few buns himself! LOL!!

badger 9 years, 1 month ago

Marion -

Please give credit where credit is due.

That is not a Jimmy Buffet song.

He may have covered it at some point, but it's not his.

We may have to put up with your inane posting of the lyrics of that song and those of the second-rate last-ditch effort to cash in on the 'Beach Boys' name before 'fat, bald, and old' finally shuffled off the majority of the band, in addition to your occasional Birdcage-style lapse into showtunes, but you could at least have taken ten seconds to run it through google and find out whose song it actually is.

Rupert Holmes released the song in 1979 per wikipedia and google.

YourItalianPrincess 9 years, 1 month ago

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to be anywhere but here this week. Somewhere tropical, warm and sunny. White sands and cold drinks in hand. I really wouldn't care where just as long as it had all of the above.

Is is going to get a bit warmer, maybe sunny? I need to remulch my playyard.

Linda Aikins 9 years, 1 month ago

So YIP, you are going to have some Mulch Madness?

sgtwolverine 9 years, 1 month ago

I believe it's supposed to be both warm and sunny in July. Or so I'm led to believe.

sgtwolverine 9 years, 1 month ago

Hey, I have a friend (soon to graduate with a dual major in aerospace engineering and engineering physics -- she's kind of nuts) who just interviewed with a major oil firm based in Houston. Although if she takes the job, it sounds like she won't be anywhere near Houston for long stretches of time.

kansas_prairieland 9 years, 1 month ago

I think Marion is confusing "Escape: The Pina Colada Song" with Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville".

Linda Aikins 9 years, 1 month ago

Prospector - YES!!! When it was opened, we spent lots of time in the Sitka Social Club (so named because it is in Sitka Kansas and was a takeoff from the Cheyenne Social Club). And Don's in Protection - great steaks!!!

How in the wide wide world of sports do you know those places??

badger 9 years, 1 month ago

I'm not a cold hearted beast of doom.

I'm a warm hearted badger of correct citation.

kansas_prairieland 9 years, 1 month ago

Okay, so I get on LJ World just now and I go to type a message......and according to the LJ World........I'm "One More Bob" LOL!!

This is hilarious!!

WTF is going on with this site??

RonBurgandy 9 years, 1 month ago

kp - go back two days and read the ots responses.

outoftowner 9 years, 1 month ago

My day is ruined. I didn't know the "round" barn wasn't actually round, but "sixteen sided". hmmm

linux_chick 9 years, 1 month ago

I'd like to be in sunny California.

Wait a minute... ;)

linux_chick 9 years, 1 month ago

Sorry, all. That was probably mean. :(

Linda Endicott 9 years, 1 month ago

What spring break?? That's only for kids...

Now, if I got spring break from work, that would be great...

kcwarpony 9 years, 1 month ago

I would rather be anywhere but here...I have a dentist appointment tomorrow :(

sunflower_sue 9 years, 1 month ago

kcwarpony, my kiddo is with you...she has a skin graft on her gum tomorrow. Oh the joy of braces!

I'm w/ Ms_C! I wanna be in margaritaville with her and Jimmy Buffet. Who's coming with us? You're all invited. (Glad someone corrected the Rupert Holmes/Jimmy Buffet mix up. That was comparing apples to oranges and would have eventually led to my complete mental breakdown:) Maybe I'll just drive out to the racetrack and have a cheeseburger in paradise.

kcwarpony 9 years, 1 month ago

What bothers me is lying there with my mouth wide open and someone in there playing around! It's not natural: sun sue, your kidlet is braver than I could ever hope to be!

I see we're on the Tilt-a-Whirl again. I've been prospector, OMB, wonderhorse, and now Multidisciplinary: :o It's not natural:

Confrontation 9 years, 1 month ago

TOB-Hats off to you for living through that! I had all of mine removed 2 years back, and I received all dry sockets to go with it. One of the worst recoveries ever! I couldn't imagine having it done while I was awake.

kcwarpony 9 years, 1 month ago

I thank the Creator for my big mouth! All four wisdom teeth came in with no problems! We've all lived very happily for 20 years now. Had a metal filling crack a tooth and had to have a crown put on. Now having the rest of the old fillings drilled out (!) and replaced before they do the same. It's not cool to make a pony whimper but I know how to take complete control of the dentist (an old joke) and I'm not afraid to do so!

RonBurgandy 9 years, 1 month ago

TOB - Why do you have a problem with going under? Are you afraid of what happened in a certain Seinfeld episode?

sunflower_sue 9 years, 1 month ago

Goody, I'm kcwarpony! Awesome! I've got you all beat as far as the mouth/throat surgeries! I had my tonsils out...TWICE!!! Once at 34 and again at 35. Pardon my language but that sucked big time rocks!>:[ 3 full weeks of recovery each time. OUCH! (Yes, I'm a wussy, I guess.)

sunflower_sue 9 years, 1 month ago

Oh, BTW, kiddo gets the funny gas while they give her tons of shots and then she gets to lay back and watch a DVD while they do their thing. Pretty cool!

kcwarpony 9 years, 1 month ago

The gas doesn't work on me :( I'm always wide awake and very alert. Hmmm, wonder if I could use the "Boog" method!

OldEnuf2BYurDad 9 years, 1 month ago

I'd rather be hunting wild pigs from a helicopter.

Actually, the wife and I are heading to Colorado on Friday morning for a late spring break.

sunflower_sue 9 years, 1 month ago

c_v, You just went and ticked me off. Don't you know about my campaign to keep city people in the city? It's wild out here in the country. They would only be eaten alive. (Hanibal Lector is a good friend of mine):o)