Previous   Next

Have you ever found any money?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 24, 2006

Browse the archives

“Yes, I have. I found a $20 bill in a parking lot. I was 7 or 8 years old, so I was pretty excited about it.”

“Yes, actually, I have. When I was a kid I found $200 on the sidewalk. I went and bought a Nintendo with it, as that was the big thing to have at the time.”

“Just loose change; nothing great. I would probably try and return it if I did. I know I would want someone to do the same for me.”

“Yeah. I just recently found $2. I gave it back to a guy that was up on some scaffolding who said it fell out of his pocket.”

Related story

Comments

geekin_topekan 8 years, 5 months ago

I found a $20 lotto ticket once.Bought some beer.

enochville 8 years, 5 months ago

I found several bills totaling to just under $30 on campus at my undergraduate school. I turned it into the lost and found. No one claimed it after about 6 weeks, so they gave it back to me and I took my girlfriend out to eat with it.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

My girl-friend and I were at a concert in Wichita (The Firm) lots of years ago. The crowd got drunk and ugly so we left early. As we were walking to our car, we found a $100 bill nicely rolled into a tube. Bonus!

We spent the night in Wichita and had a big steak dinner.

H_Lecter 8 years, 5 months ago

I've learned one thing. If there are dead bodies in your basement, check their pockets for money because they aren't going to need it.

Linda Endicott 8 years, 5 months ago

I found a dollar once at the grocery store. I had little money back then, and I thought maybe someone else would miss that dollar as much as I would, so I turned it in to the store.

Big mistake. All they did was stuff it into the cash register and keep it.

So a couple years later when I was in the same store and found a 20 on the floor, I put it in my own pocket.

bankboy119 8 years, 5 months ago

I found $200 once in Office Max...but the owner came back looking for it. sigh

snickerdoodledoo 8 years, 5 months ago

WOW...my name is on the list!!! But I am living in another country now!!! Does anyone want to claim it for me???

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

haha snickerdoodledoo! Do you want it in money orders???

Inmate and Hannibal - great stuff, as always.

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

I was at a corner (in car) waiting for the light to turn green and watched a man walk out of the bank and put money into his back pocket. But he missed the pocket, the money fell to the crosswalk and he kept going. I blew my horn but he ignored it and so I got out and told him about it He was most grateful, but offered no reward, which, of course, I would not have accepted. :o) but for my kindness, the jerk in the car behind me used some pretty offensive language, Jerk.

KsTwister 8 years, 5 months ago

A drive thru at a bank gave me $1000 more than the checks I cashed for vacation. I had to get back in line for 30 more minutes to give it back. But years later I found $66 dollars no one claimed and I got to spend it.

ilkeeze 8 years, 5 months ago

$10 outside The Bottleneck after a show and then hit The Taproom.

bearded_gnome 8 years, 5 months ago

Q: "why do you rob banks?" A: "because, that's where the money is!"

have missed participating on here, too darned busy, dunno if that'll change much.
found money. once, at a laundrymat, noticed dryer was making a lot of noise. looked inside and found couple of loud quarters, which were warm.

have a nice day.

Tanya Spacek 8 years, 5 months ago

I find money almost every day, while I'm just walking around. I have a cider jug at home half-full of pennies I've found on the street. It's my kids' college fund, ha ha! The most I ever found was a crisp twenty outside a West Lawrence drive-thru window. Since the store was closed, I kept it.