Previous   Next

Have you ever found any money?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 24, 2006

Browse the archives

“Yes, I have. I found a $20 bill in a parking lot. I was 7 or 8 years old, so I was pretty excited about it.”

“Yes, actually, I have. When I was a kid I found $200 on the sidewalk. I went and bought a Nintendo with it, as that was the big thing to have at the time.”

“Just loose change; nothing great. I would probably try and return it if I did. I know I would want someone to do the same for me.”

“Yeah. I just recently found $2. I gave it back to a guy that was up on some scaffolding who said it fell out of his pocket.”

Related story

Comments

geekin_topekan 10 years ago

I found a $20 lotto ticket once.Bought some beer.

enochville 10 years ago

I found several bills totaling to just under $30 on campus at my undergraduate school. I turned it into the lost and found. No one claimed it after about 6 weeks, so they gave it back to me and I took my girlfriend out to eat with it.

Linda Aikins 10 years ago

My girl-friend and I were at a concert in Wichita (The Firm) lots of years ago. The crowd got drunk and ugly so we left early. As we were walking to our car, we found a $100 bill nicely rolled into a tube. Bonus!

We spent the night in Wichita and had a big steak dinner.

H_Lecter 10 years ago

I've learned one thing. If there are dead bodies in your basement, check their pockets for money because they aren't going to need it.

Linda Endicott 10 years ago

I found a dollar once at the grocery store. I had little money back then, and I thought maybe someone else would miss that dollar as much as I would, so I turned it in to the store.

Big mistake. All they did was stuff it into the cash register and keep it.

So a couple years later when I was in the same store and found a 20 on the floor, I put it in my own pocket.

bankboy119 10 years ago

I found $200 once in Office Max...but the owner came back looking for it. sigh

snickerdoodledoo 10 years ago

WOW...my name is on the list!!! But I am living in another country now!!! Does anyone want to claim it for me???

Linda Aikins 10 years ago

haha snickerdoodledoo! Do you want it in money orders???

Inmate and Hannibal - great stuff, as always.

ms_canada 10 years ago

I was at a corner (in car) waiting for the light to turn green and watched a man walk out of the bank and put money into his back pocket. But he missed the pocket, the money fell to the crosswalk and he kept going. I blew my horn but he ignored it and so I got out and told him about it He was most grateful, but offered no reward, which, of course, I would not have accepted. :o) but for my kindness, the jerk in the car behind me used some pretty offensive language, Jerk.

KsTwister 10 years ago

A drive thru at a bank gave me $1000 more than the checks I cashed for vacation. I had to get back in line for 30 more minutes to give it back. But years later I found $66 dollars no one claimed and I got to spend it.

ilkeeze 10 years ago

$10 outside The Bottleneck after a show and then hit The Taproom.

bearded_gnome 10 years ago

Q: "why do you rob banks?" A: "because, that's where the money is!"

have missed participating on here, too darned busy, dunno if that'll change much.
found money. once, at a laundrymat, noticed dryer was making a lot of noise. looked inside and found couple of loud quarters, which were warm.

have a nice day.