Previous   Next

What are you doing for your dad on Father’s Day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 18, 2006

Browse the archives

“I’m grilling out with my dad. I haven’t bought him a gift yet, but every time I do he tells me to save my money.”

“I’m actually shopping for him right now. I bought him some ‘Seinfeld’ DVDs, but I thought I’d look around some more. We’re having our grandparents over so we can all have dinner.”

“I’m going to make a very long-distance phone call to Malaysia. I’ll have to call the day before, because they’re 13 hours ahead of us.”

“He’s temporarily stuck in bed, so I’m just going to do some grocery shopping for him and cook him dinner.”

Related story

Comments

sunflower_sue 7 years, 10 months ago

Multi, Trust me when I say..."Your daughter will appreciate that you had to be both! You will be rewarded." My mom (who had to be both) had all 4 of her children and all of her grandchildren come to see her today. We certainly haven't forgotten how hard it was for her. Your kids won't either!

HFD ya'll! (even the female "dads" out there!)

justsomewench 7 years, 10 months ago

even better if you're not the one paying the cellphone bill!

Multidisciplinary 7 years, 10 months ago

My daughter texted me to tell me HFD, since I have to be both.

How sweet.

blessed3x 7 years, 10 months ago

Take what paperplate said to heart. I lost my dad last year. This is the second Father's Day without him. Tell your dad how you feel about him every day because you just never know which time will be "the last time you told him you loved him."

Happy Father's Day, Dad. I miss you.

gammimc 7 years, 10 months ago

I lost my dad in January to renal failure brought on by congestive heart failure.

Today is remembering the good times and missing him.

Multidisciplinary 7 years, 10 months ago

All three of mine are dead.

I'm considering giving my children to my ex by surprise tonight.

I'm tired.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 10 months ago

Since my dad passed away when I was 2, I'm up visiting the "dad" who raised me...my mom! (She even walked me down the aisle!) Every Father's Day, I come up to visit her and to wish her a Happy Father's day...and then we get some take-out. Later, we will do a bit of shopping but mostly we'll just hang with the family and laugh a lot. I love my family. They're pretty great! :o)

The hubby got a nice dinner last night with big juicy steaks. I also let him eat strawberry-rhubard cobbler for breakfast. I'll not ask him to take out the trash today.

YourItalianPrincess 7 years, 10 months ago

I'm going to be calling my dad who is in Cali later this evening. I tried earlier, but I'm sure he is out to breakfast with my grandmother.

Happy Dad's Day to all the dads, moms who are dads, future dads and everyone else who happens to be a dad.

Layne Moore 7 years, 10 months ago

I lost my dad in 2000 to lung cancer. To those who still have their fathers, never leave your true feelings left unsaid. To those who have lost their fathers, this is a day to remember your special times.

As a father, I plan to spend this day with my kids and enjoy them as much as I can.

Gootsie 7 years, 10 months ago

I lost my wonderfuly Daddy in 1981. I donate money either to the Parkinson's Foundation on his birthday (Jan 1) and on Father's Day.

I miss him tons.