Previous   Next

What band do you most want to see at the Wakarusa Music Festival?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 11, 2006

Browse the archives

“The Flaming Lips, because their show is crazy. They have all these balls falling from the sky, and the singer runs on top of the audience in a giant hamster ball.”

“Sound Tribe Sector Nine. They’re just musically and otherwise on a higher level.”

“I’d say Perpetual Groove, because they’re kind of light. They make you feel free and want to dance.”

“The Flaming Lips. Just because they put on the most ridiculous live show I’ve ever seen. I’m not really into the jam scene, so I’m looking forward to a band that offers more; like bouncing stuffed animals.”

Comments

paladin 8 years, 6 months ago

Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians or The Lawrence Welk Orchestra and Chorus. A wunnerful, a wunnerful.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 6 months ago

I want to see a band of burly Scottsmen in kilts.

H_Lecter 8 years, 6 months ago

That is so typical; women have such filthy minds. Good thing men were put on the Earth to keep things calm and balanced.

Amateur chainsaw juggling.

jonas 8 years, 6 months ago

I'd like to see Tool, but they're not at the festival.

Speaking of Wak Fest, my wife who is an RN at LMH said yesterday they had an admission who had passed out the festival, and when they ran a toxocology on him he was positive for EVERY drug on the WHOLE LIST!!

ms_canada 8 years, 6 months ago

I looked at the lineup of artists for Wakarusa and I only recognized 2, Bela Fleck and Michael Franti. I don't think this is a festival that I would attend. I much prefer folk music with lots of Celtic, African and French groups included. BTW I could not access the web address to see that handsome young son of Enochville. I am disappointed. Will try later.

paladin 8 years, 6 months ago

jonas- Cool! Maybe that should go in the Guinness Book of Records, or at least on his record.

justsomewench 8 years, 6 months ago

GOMEZ.

i wouldn't mind seeing bela and spearhead again. i've been badgered to listen to the flaming lips, but i'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes, so i guess i'm supposed to wish i saw them.

i prefer volume control, private parking, small crowds, and couldn't afford it even if i wanted, so the CDs will suffice.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 6 months ago

I'm wondering why so many of the OTSers have started to talk like Ms_C, eh?

paladin 8 years, 6 months ago

Does HIPAA apply to hippies? Or, are there seperate rules for them? Or, no rules.

paladin 8 years, 6 months ago

SS-Cause Ms_C, she cool! She got it goin on.

justsomewench 8 years, 6 months ago

trading herbal supplements with your tentmates probably doesn't fall under the privacy clauses of HIPAA. it's more of a doctor/patient privacy thing.

"dude, bob's throwing up" won't likely get anyone in trouble. (and bob won't remember, anyhow.)

justsomewench 8 years, 6 months ago

s_s, ms_c can take credit, though it's been part of my vocab for years. oddly enough, my love is a canadian and he's never called me on it.

canadians, they're so damned polite, you can't help but like 'em. (it doesn't mean they like us, they're just more civilized.)

jonas 8 years, 6 months ago

It's not a breach of confidentiality if you provide no name or personal identification. None were provided to me.

justsomewench 8 years, 6 months ago

true enough, jonas. i wouldn't imagine she would've shared it. for one, it's irrelevant, and two, when the reg came out, the training on it was pretty clear, loud, and formidable.

still, i'm pretty sure "dude, bob's throwing up" won't get bob's tentmates in any legal trouble.

justsomewench 8 years, 6 months ago

if i am, paladin, it's purely by accident. i'm just aiming for sane(-ish).

paladin 8 years, 6 months ago

Oh, you are. Believe me. Sane, too. For what its worth. Which ain't much, probly.

ms_canada 8 years, 6 months ago

Paladin - that's the second time someone here has said I was cool. Must be because I live so far north, eh?

And BTW - I finally got to see that handsome young fellow, young enochville. What an adorable baby!!! All the best wishes to you and the missus, enoch.

Any soccer fans down there, anyone watching the FIFA World Cup. Oh, oh, gotta dash, the game with Portugal just started, can't miss my team. Hey team, boa sort!!!

justsomewench 8 years, 6 months ago

care to put that in a letter of reference? (it's worth a shot.)

paladin 8 years, 6 months ago

To whom it might possibly concern: I highly, no most highly, recommend this wench for whatever position you happen to see fit to throw her into. I base this recommendation on my astute observation that she is too cool and that she is passably sane, as well. Sincerely, paladin, Esq., B.A.B.S., M.A. B.S., PhD.B.S., DVD, MTV, ADD, PTSD, HDTV, MSTD

eskimopieinKS 8 years, 6 months ago

paladin-hilarious! You left off IRS, HBO, & some other ones I can't think of since I just came home from the wakfest

I'm fried-I look like a lobster

anyone got any garlic butter they can rub on my back?

H_Lecter 8 years, 6 months ago

Paladin, Were you perhaps the Mulchmeister today?

paladin 8 years, 6 months ago

Nay, merely one who sought an elixir of life and a panacea and an alkahest and the philosopher's stone.

Confrontation 8 years, 6 months ago

Although it's not really a guest band, I do love imagining the theme song from COPS playing in the background as they bust the drug-loving losers.

justsomewench 8 years, 6 months ago

now, hannibal, a little "no, of course that dress doesn't make you look fat" never hurt anyone. (except for mama cass, maybe.)