Previous   Next

How much money have you spent on attending the Wakarusa Music Festival?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 10, 2006

Browse the archives

“I’m not taking that much money with me, so probably only about $200 total. Luckily I live here, so I can run back home if I need anything.”

“Probably $1,000 so far. It’s going to be more by the end of the weekend. We’re from Tennessee, so I was about $200 in gas to get here and we’re spending a lot on hotel rooms. The food and beer at the festival is ridiculous.”

“I’ve been lucky. I will have only spent about $150. I got free plane tickets and free tickets to the festival. All of my expenses are compensated except for food and beer.”

“Probably close to $200 per person in our group, because the ticket itself is so expensive. We’re camping so we didn’t have to pay for rooms; just tickets, food, water and gas.”

Related story

Comments

vavs0929 7 years, 10 months ago

cute baby.. congrats.

if you click the next button real fast repeatedly he looks like hes dancing a little :)

Multidisciplinary 7 years, 10 months ago

Enoch..Alexander is beautiful!

You've made my evening, thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures with us!

Ceallach 7 years, 10 months ago

Nothing, if you don't count the 1/20th of a gallon of gas it took to go to the "Festival" gate to pick up and then return my grandson. Our extended family was having a picnic in one of the areas on the Core of Engineers road (just South of the Festival entrance road). He is working for the festival producers, he came over to eat, visit and take food back:):) It gave us a chance to be sure he was okay, provide him with additional "insight" as to choices that can haunt you forever, check out his eyes and overall countenance, etc. [Well, a g'ma has to do what a g'ma has to do:):) ] We could hear the music, nice addition to our festivities. Good food, Water Blasters for our children (young and old :) a chance to relax with family and catch up on the everday lives of loved ones -- now that is truly, PRICELESS!!

Congrats, enoch!!! What a fine looking boy you have there. Thanks so much for sharing the link.

lilcountry 7 years, 10 months ago

We volunter for a charity beer stand so we got in Free. This helped save money so we where able to spend money at the other Vendor stands.

Last night my husband and I might of hit about $100.00 for food, drinks, and clothing. We are hoping to go again tonight, it just depends on the weather.

H_Lecter 7 years, 10 months ago

zero, but I'm thinking about driving through the checkpoint just so I can nervously ask, "...aaa, you're not going to look in the trunk are you?" or maybe I'll turn around just before I get there.

sunflower_sue 7 years, 10 months ago

Zero, zilch, nada! (And plan on keeping it that way.) However, the hubby turned 40 this week...he blew in with an F5 tornado...and I'll be spending some money on making this b.day memorable for him.

Enoch, what a handsome boy you've got there! (Glad he wasn't born during a massive tornado like my hubby was!)

BorderRat 7 years, 10 months ago

Too old to mess with the crowds anymore. I'll just wait for the movie.

YourItalianPrincess 7 years, 10 months ago

Zero for this Princess too. Not atttending the festival again this year. I would like to go and check it out sometime, so maybe next year I will get a sitter for a few hours and go.

Spending money on " Over the Hedge " today, then off to Cici's for pizza. My son recieved a free children's buffet ticket from his school and he likes the little game room.

enochville........what a handsome little man. Congrats again to your and your wife.

bthom37 7 years, 10 months ago

And the answer would be zero. There are only 3 bands I want to see this year (ok 2.5: Camper Van Beethoven, Cracker, and Les Claypool), and since there's around 8 hours between them today, I think I'm better off saving $75 and a whole bunch of aggravation by not going.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 10 months ago

Enochville:

That is one feisty-lookin' kid!

I love that boxer's pose!

Congrats and best wishes to all!

Thanks.

Marion.

KsGirl 7 years, 10 months ago

Enochville- Alexander is absolutely precious!! Congrats to you and your wife!!

militant 7 years, 10 months ago

Old Enuf,

They have dentists at the festival?

That explains the nitrous.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 7 years, 10 months ago

Price of admission: $95.

Price of gas: $2.75 per gallon.

Bail money: $400

Getting a cavity search at the Lecompton turnpike exit: PRICELESS.

enochville 7 years, 10 months ago

I haven't spent any money on Wakarusa.

Thank you all for your congratulations and well wishes. Here is a link to the picture I promised: http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/babypage_view.asp?URLID=6H2E7Q0V2D

I am offline for the rest of the day.

jonas 7 years, 10 months ago

Can I say zero? Is that okay?