Previous   Next

Do you think a Republican or Democrat will be elected governor in November?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. on July 24, 2006

Browse the archives

“I don’t think enough has been going good for the Republicans. The party seems splintered in Kansas because it’s so conservative.”

“(Gov. Kathleen) Sebelius (a Democrat) is a very popular governor, and it’s much easier for the incumbent to win the election.”

“I think there’s a great chance we’ll have a Democratic governor.”

“The people in power now are too established in what they are doing, and I think that will carry them through this election.”

Related story

Comments

oldgranny 8 years, 5 months ago

I think Gov. Sebelius has been a good governor and I see no reason why she shouldn't be re-elected.

lunacydetector 8 years, 5 months ago

downtown is always a great place to get a good demographic cross-section of our community (especially when it's a political question) - NOT!

jonas 8 years, 5 months ago

ä°á¤ç®á®å¥³á®ä°°áiáá ááá:é -áä,æá .

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

These political associations are so irrelevant. The real question is this: what sports team will the governor support?

Nick Yoho 8 years, 5 months ago

One party is as bad as the other, eh?

MomMeg 8 years, 5 months ago

Yep -- it will be one or the other!!! Way to go Informed!

beatrice 8 years, 5 months ago

There is little doubt that Sebelius will be re-elected, thus beginning a reign of liberalism across the entire state of Kansas that will make the people of San Francisco look on with envy. Kansas will become so liberal that even stem-cells will be allowed to marry.

Or, Sebelius will simply be re-elected.

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

audvisartist - just be thankful that you don't have a third choice. Canadians have multi choices and what do we get in our federal gov. The way it works here is that the party that gets the most Members of Parliament (MPs) elected forms the government and the leader is the Prime Minister. Great, eh? Well, not really. The party in power now (conservatives) with Mr. Stephan Harper as leader (PM) does not have a majority of the MPs. And so at any moment the government could be defeated on any bill they choose to propose. You see, there are three other parties sitting in our House of Common and if they all voted against the gov. the hands of the gov. would be tied and nothing ever would be accomplished. One of the other parties could, at any time, propose a vote of non confidence in the gov. and it would be election time all over again. Yuk and more yuk. Stupid system, you think?

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

sunflower - if you are with us today, no offense taken. all is cool. God bless.

BunE 8 years, 5 months ago

What does it matter? Repent or you will be ...

Left Behind

Question...If this is an eagle and this is an eagle egg, will you murder the unborn?

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

sue - did you see my post of 7:50am on July 21?

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Ron, this isn't a racial question. Maybe that's tomorrow.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

Ms_C, Yep! I'm still here. Net works much slower but it does work. All is well! Yes, I saw your 7/21 post. Unfortunately, there was too much truth in your earlier post and I felt it my patriotic duty to step up to the bat...even if it was against the most beloved pitcher in the game. It hurts when the USA is always seen as the bad guy. (Not that we don't have our major share of mess ups.) Oh well, that's not today's debate. :)

Govenor...I'll start caring next week.

RonBurgandy 8 years, 5 months ago

sgt - My bad, I guess I just jumped the gun on that one. I could use a slice of pie though.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Kansas will become so liberal that even stem-cells will be allowed to marry.

Go Bea!

acg 8 years, 5 months ago

I'm so glad to have peeked into this thread today and found everyone not yelling at each other over republican vs. democrat nonsense. How refreshing. My favorite answer, thus far, was TOB's. Power to the Whig Party! Think we can revive that?

southerngirl 8 years, 5 months ago

Since Drew Carey dropped off of the face of the earth, 1,000 points to everyone for not yelling at each other. An extra 1,000 points to Beatrice, Informed, Sgt. and TOB for making me chuckle.

Go Sebelius!!

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Is it Republican vs. Democrat, or is it Titanic vs. Hindenberg? Which party cracks up and drowns, and which one bursts into flame?

Paul Tagliabue for president!

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Ron, I'd like to see how that party would fly in any state here.

Perhaps more likely to be successful would be the Bachelor Party or the Frat Party.

Sandra Willis 8 years, 5 months ago

blueHarley ... did you have a point to make here? i shudder to find out what trick the Bush-party will do to us next.

bodan

neopolss 8 years, 5 months ago

I won't support this farce of a system by voting for the lesser of two evils. What is the most insulting, is that these debates will center around BS issues like gay marriage and stem cells, instead of IMPORTANT issues to most Kansans, like a proper budget, roads, funding shortfalls, and assisting with everyday living. Most of us do not care for these fluff issues, with the exception of internet forums and casual conversation. We want EVERYDAY needs met.

Until these idiots pull their heads out and quit giving each other high fives, I refuse to give support to a system that has quit supporting me.

End the reign of special interest. Stem cells can suck it.

H_Lecter 8 years, 5 months ago

Politicians leave a bad taste in my mouth.

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

S_S - gee, I don't always see the USA as the bad guy and so sorry I gave that impression. I think it is because I see so much, so much more potential for so much good that could be accomplished instead. You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, if you get my meaning.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Campaign slogan:

Thinky Kinky - Free Handcuffs for all!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

Ms_C, Yes, I get your meaning. Why don't you and I just take over things? I've already put in my bid for dictator of sueville. Wanna be my running mate? Together, we can take over North America! insert favorite evil laugh here

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

I'd be delighted to be your running mate. he he!!!

southerngirl 8 years, 5 months ago

"The best part of the US is that we tolerate anyone's opinion."

Unless we think their opinion is stupid, then we just make fun of them. : )

d

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

OMB, that requires lots of unselfish tasting. Sure you can handle it?

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

TOB, You mean you want to be a jester? Well, Okie dokie with me. OMB, nothing but pleather for you! Maybe we can recruit a willing person to use a large spatula to scrape you from the bench. Gootsie? Of course, budgeting may require you to eventually go pleatherless. Have to put more money into infrastructure...like ale pipeline building so that we can deliver beer to the needy for free. In winter (and in the northern country), we will just up the alcohol content to keep it from freezing.

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

Geez Sue - looks like we could field a good slate of candidates with the comrades in bobness signing on. I'm good to go, guys. but only if I survive the heat wave we are having here. It was 94* yesterday and today not much cooler and we've no a/c. Thank goodness for the basement.