Previous   Next

Where would you hide your treasure if you were a pirate?

Browse the archives

“I would put it in the toolshed at my house, because nobody uses it for anything.”

“I would bury it in the sand behind my house with a little marker to remember where it is. I would make a map, too, just in case.”

“My basement. There is a lot of clutter down there, and no one ever goes there anyway.”

“I would probably hide it under my dog house, because nobody goes in there.”

“I would hide it under my playhouse. I don’t think anyone would look under it, and I could always check on it.”

“I would hide it under my bed. There’s so much stuff under there already, I don’t think anyone could find it.”

“I would bury it in my backyard underneath my trampoline. That way I can remember where it is.”

“At the public library. I could hide it the shelves with all the books.”

Related story

Comments

enochville 8 years, 5 months ago

Aw...that's cute having all the kids answer the OTS question.

I'd probably hide it somewhere in the no man's land of northern Nevada and southeastern Oregon.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Out back in the Rubbermaid lockable container that holds my duck food.

YourItalianPrincess 8 years, 5 months ago

Like James Dooley........I would hide mine in our basement. Its used for storage and a place to go when the sirens happen to go off. We don't go down there unless we need too.

We went to see Pirates on Saturday. Went to a matinee showing and truely enjoyed the second installment of three. The cast is great, and the movie is non stop fun.

One thing that bothered me though is this. There was a young lady ( college student I would say ), her date, a girlfriend and her date in the seats in front of us. My son had put his feet on her chair a couple times and I had to remind him not to do that. Of course he and his little friend had questions at times and this young lady kept shaking her head and sighing throughout the whole movie.

My thing is this........I know people want to go to a movie and hear it, not be disturbed or bothered while watching. I have gone and had issues with teenagers making noise and talking. It can be somewhat bothersome, but at the same time you picked that time to go. Did she think she was going to have complete silence going to a 3:30 showing of any movie?

Aileen Dingus 8 years, 5 months ago

I dunno enochville- those pesky Burning Man types hang out in that area.

I'd hide mine in the dishwasher. Nobody ever uses it.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Good un, omb. I actually read it with my best pirate voice!

lunacydetector 8 years, 5 months ago

doesn't our movie theater suck? the seats are cramped and there isn't any legroom.

i had a seat that had literally 8 inches of legroom. pitiful. how did our local theater pass code? what if there was a fire when you only have 8" of legroom to maneuver? if i had the money, i'd build a new movie theater that had comfortable seats WITH legroom.

we used to have so many choices - the varsity, granada, hillcrest multi-plex, dickinson theaters, not to mention the drive-in where sonic is on 6th.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Princess, Pirates 2 was fairly entertaining -- mainly when Sparrow was on screen -- but what bothered me is that it felt more like the first half of part 3 than its own movie. It felt like all conflict and no resolution. Kind of an ultimately unsatisfying movie.

I may also have a cynical view on these movies because they're doing the exact same thing they did with the Matrix movies. And really, next to the first, the second and third were disappointing.

Totally unrelated: the next release of the Firefox has a built-in spellcheck feature for anything you type in the browser.

ljlook 8 years, 5 months ago

I have something important to say here:

If we would have kept these kids off the fountain, they wouldn't have fallen and hurt their eyes (the eye patches, get it).

Let's think of the children, before more are maimed.

Dixie Jones 8 years, 5 months ago

in my back pocket i dont trust NUN of ya all ....lol kidding everyone have a great day looks like the garden might get some free h2o today

southerngirl 8 years, 5 months ago

ljlook, napoleon, omb you cracked me up. Needed that, headed to the dentis this am.

I would hide treasure in my garage. We moved in Dec, and that is the only room that is not yet organized. It's hot in Memphis so I go out, look at the mess and feel the heat and just go back into the cool, clean house. When we DO clean it out, we'll have one heck of a garage sale and then I'll have to find another place to hide my booty...

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years, 5 months ago

Either invested in my wife's scrapbooking hobby or somewhere in the offices of the IRS in Austin, TX. That's where all the rest of my money goes.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

ljlook - GOOD ONE!

Yes, Consumer1, that is a mighty fine treasure there! ;)

craigers 8 years, 5 months ago

In my shoes. I think the fungus should keep most treasure hunters away.

acg 8 years, 5 months ago

I can see this is going to get interesting, what with all this talk of secret treasure and booty. :)

Fangorn 8 years, 5 months ago

Forget pirates! I'm having a difficult enough time finding a place to hide my treasure as a taxpayer.

acg: You could hide it at the airport... you know, in plane site.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

In honor of this OTS question, I propose that R_I become Arrr_Aye.

H_Lecter 8 years, 5 months ago

In the trophy case at Mizzou...no one would ever look in there.

Tony Kisner 8 years, 5 months ago

Who is poking all these kids in the eye?

craigers 8 years, 5 months ago

sgt, I second that and the last three comments have been cracking me up.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Honestly? I'd rather you lost those things.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Not picking on you, hitme. I would have said that to anyone! Arrrrr_ayyyyye.

dacs23 8 years, 5 months ago

"It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating."
- Jack Handey

craigers 8 years, 5 months ago

Thanks dacs for the feel good quote for the day.

beatrice 8 years, 5 months ago

In bars of soap at an anarchist's house.

Inside science books at the Kansas Board of Education library.

Inside an actual Bible at Fred Phelp's house.

Teapot9 8 years, 5 months ago

In Memorial Stadium since its rarely filled with people.

coolmom 8 years, 5 months ago

okay..okay...next to the mountain lion. what better hiding place lol.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Wherever the senate ethics committee is supposed to meet.

Actually, I'd carry it with me, like Mr. T.

acg 8 years, 5 months ago

Seriously, ya'll are killin' me over here.

beatrice 8 years, 5 months ago

Or how about on the T, since apparently nobody ever rides it.

Fangorn 8 years, 5 months ago

Teapot9: Memorial Stadium gets filled at least once every two years. Ever been to a Nebraska game there? We always called Lawrence our "home way from home" during the football season. Of course last year the Jayhawks ended a 37 year drought against my Huskers. I wonder if they can sustain that? Mangino at least gives them a chance.

RonBurgandy 8 years, 5 months ago

Underneath Doug Compton's Book of Ethics.

coolmom 8 years, 5 months ago

in my teenagers bedroom. you have to be like indiana jones to survive ib there it should be pretty safe.

Teapot9 8 years, 5 months ago

Fangorn, I love KU football I also have the privelege of living in a town where Bobby Douglas and Gayle Sayers played for my NFL team. It kills me that Lawrence is second rate when it comes to football saturdays in the Big 12. I think that this year will be show significant increases in wins and attendance.