Previous   Next

How are you going to enjoy the Independence Day weekend?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 1, 2006

Browse the archives

“I’m just going to buy some fireworks and have a barbecue with the family.”

“It’s my sister’s boyfriend’s birthday so maybe I’ll party with them or just watch some fireworks.”

“I’m going out on the lake in my friend’s boat, and I’ll be trying to keep all my fingers intact.”

“With family in Kansas City. We’re going to barbecue, shoot fireworks and lay out by the pool.”

Related story

Comments

reginafliangie 8 years, 5 months ago

wow reticent I don't know how to top that!! lol

mooseamoose 8 years, 5 months ago

Well I'm a real patriot so I'm gonna blow hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks MADE IN CHINA.

Yeehaw Bubba, that one blowed real good.

mooseamoose 8 years, 5 months ago

Well I'm a real patriot so I'm gonna blow up hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks MADE IN CHINA.

Yeehaw Bubba, that one blowed up real good.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

Go to the Omaha Zoo on Sunday and Monday. On Independence Day we usually have lunch together then go to one of the current kid friendly movies (we have a 9 year old in the group). I only like fireworks at a great distance so I usually stay home and the others go to various places for fireworks and of course, more food:)

However you celebrate, I hope you have a safe, enjoyable weekend.

jonas 8 years, 5 months ago

As a non-conservative, I hate our country, so I tend to celebrate our independence day by wearing black for mourning and finding ways to aid and give comfort to our enemies.

. . . . oh yeah, and I drink a lot.

H_Lecter 8 years, 5 months ago

Tryiing out my new bone saw. I miss the sounds of fireworks in town...it covers up the screams from the basement.

BorderRat 8 years, 5 months ago

Go to Mexico City and walk the main streets with a big American Flag.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

Have all of my freeloading neighbors come over (since I have the tikki(sp?) torches), let them eat me out of house and home. Watch them try to set my house on fire. Spend all the next day cleaning up the mess. Oh, and maybe maybe ice cream in a dixie(TM) cup. :P

Christine Pennewell Davis 8 years, 5 months ago

have fun and party, not drink, blow stuff up and eat some good bbq at the lake.

adavid 8 years, 5 months ago

i'm gonna crash as many barbeques as possible

carynfu 8 years, 5 months ago

does anyone know a good spot outside lawrence city limits to set off some fireworks? maybe near lonestar lake