Previous   Next

Have you ever considered doing a charity run?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 19, 2006

Browse the archives

“Yes. I’ve done one for missionary workers who were working at an AIDS orphanage in Africa. I would do another one for a good cause.”

“Yes. I’ve done them in the past and found it to be a rewarding experience. It’s beneficial to both parties. Everybody wins.”

“No, I don’t get out enough to be able to do that.”

“I have never considered that. I’m not much of a runner. I like to support the community in other ways, like through LINK or other community organizations.”

Comments

jonas 8 years ago

Yeah, but then Charity turned out to be a real witch.

/ba dum tching Try the veal

sublime 8 years ago

No,but I do enjoy helping people when I can.

trinity 8 years ago

i have a sister in law named charity. she doesn't run nor do i.

ewww i'd have to get all sweaty&stuff! now, if they had a charity saunter, that'd be a whole 'nother ball of wax entirely, i'd consider that. may be able to make it in my stilettos!

libraffe 8 years ago

http://www.runlawrence.org/ is a good site for finding upcoming events.

The Tonganoxie Library Run is lots of fun. Support the books, improve your looks. Slow or fast, passing or passed... It happens in June, which will be here soon!

acg 8 years ago

No, I generally try not to run unless someone is chasing me.

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

No, I have never considered running a charity.

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

Hey, trinity, I have a sister named Charity. She, too, doesn't really run, unless you count her running around with her four kids.

Linda Aikins 8 years ago

Jonas, maybe it should read, "Have you ever considered 'doing' a Charity? RUN!!!!"

I did one and scratched it off my list.

Eric Beightel 8 years ago

in my experience, the only road races that anyone puts on are for charities. So, the question is whether or not you would ever pay $15 to run a 5k with a large group of strangers.

I happen to enjoy road races - they counteract the toxins I put in my body on the weekends I'm not running...

trinity 8 years ago

hey cool sgt! i knew that as "running" mates (pun INTENDED) we had something in common, lol...

i wonder if one could meander, on this athletic endeavor...

conservative 8 years ago

Yes, you can meander for charity races it's all about the participation, not about the placing.

Yes, I've done a number of them in the past and look forward to the Raintree (forgot the new name) coming up this spring.

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

Perhaps there could be a charity sashay, or a charity strut.

beatrice 8 years ago

Yes, usually I do at least one a year, sometimes more. Most recently was the 5k Breast Cancer run in October. I love to run, and make a real effort to put in a mile or two four or five days a week, sometimes more if the time allows. It helps keep me in shape.

sunflower_sue 8 years ago

Not a runner! I have biked for charity before (the 10-speed variety...not the harley type). When it's warm out, I generally WALK 4 miles a day. I guess I could walk for charity. I'm all about trying to not put stress on the 'ol joints. I'd swim, but that would require me to hop into cold water. I do not have a sister named Charity.

mom_of_three 8 years ago

The last time I tried to run, the tortoise passed me, laughing.
As far as bike riding goes, you know the saying "it's like riding a bike, you never forget......." WRONG!! So I am not a runner, nor a biker...just a donator.

ms_canada 8 years ago

sue - you would do well here in my city as we have many WALKS for various charity causes during the summer and I see most of them as my street is the most popular one for these walks. My street has very little traffic as it sort of goes no where. It starts in a park and ends in another park.
I have never walked or run, for that matter. They are usually held on a Sunday morning and I go to church. But I give a fair bit to charity as does my husband.

Kontum1972 8 years ago

yes...the 'Run to Save Unborn Sperm Whales'...

its a good thing...!

sunflower_sue 8 years ago

Ms_C, come and get me and I'll walk up and down your street all day...In July, of course!

hawklet21 8 years ago

trinity, you know if you strapped on a pair of stilettos you'd end up on the floor saying "I can't wair ze shoes, they make me fall down."

EasilyAmused 8 years ago

if someone ever held a half-block charity run, I might do it. I prefer the Relay for Life - good cause, good exercise (without getting sweaty and sore), and you can talk with friends the entire time

trinity 8 years ago

ROFLMAAAAAOOOOO, oh hawklet, you done gave me away!!!!

i KNOW hawklet21 could do a 5k run in stilettos-she ez verrrry talented in zat regard! ;)

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

Someone give Py a Segway. We could have a Segway for charity.

Every time I think of Segways, I think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw