Previous   Next

What do you think you spend most of your day doing?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 15, 2006

Browse the archives

“I spend most of my time researching tapeworms in the lab because I’m working on my master’s in biology.”

“The literal answer would be work - working with computers or customers. But I would say reading is what I devote most of my attention to.”

“Usually I’m standing at work helping customers, but lately it’s been slow so I stand around talking to my co-worker.”

“Studying for law school; probably three or four hours a day. That’s not most of my day, but if I had to think of one thing that I do most that would be it.”

Comments

trinity 8 years, 5 months ago

heh, c'mon irish shake that thang, lmaooooo

hey goots-did you happen to notice the pic on the front page of this splendid online publication???

trinity 8 years, 5 months ago

i think we should all form a conga line&shimmy around singing "friday friday friDAY, friday friday friDAY"! :)

roger_o_thornhill 8 years, 5 months ago

Everyone answering "work" should remember that an eight hour day is only 1/3 of the day. You spend twice as much time doing other things. I don't quite know how to ask the question that everyone will be answering here. Maybe: "What to you think you spend most of your waking hours doing?" Also remember that almost everyone is AT work far more than they are WORKING. It is just a matter of fact that if you punch a clock (i.e. working for someone else), you are at work more than you are working.

irishblues 8 years, 5 months ago

And yes, Trinity, Where does the conga line start? Friday friday friDAY!

sublime 8 years, 5 months ago

Work ,without a doubt.On the weekends I spend time with my kids.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

trinity, maybe we should make every Friday a national holiday.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

In honor of Mr. Technicality, roger_o, I will say that I spend most of my day at work.

Otherwise, I spend a lot of time taking and processing photographs. Usually sports photographs.

classclown 8 years, 5 months ago

My job. Not able to goof around on the internet all day.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Oh, and the tapeworm answer is pretty much as good as it gets.

irishblues 8 years, 5 months ago

I spend about 30 min every morning watch you guys post. Thanks for the entertainment and enlightenment both socially and politically.! Once in awhile I chime in, but I usually don't have much to say, I just read. The entertainment value of the "regulars" here is a hoot. The rest of MY time is spent working a 9-10hr day in Soul-athe. It's after dark when I get home, too tired to do much else but read. BUT every morning I'm here, watching and reading, chuckling, OMG ing, LOLing and yes, if I'm not careful, I'll learn something.

Have a lovely day, keep up the banter! Remember I may not post, but I'm here!

Thanks!

sooze

redhead_lovers_girl 8 years, 5 months ago

Inmate wins! Thanks for a good laugh before starting my day - I spend most of my day with children, either teaching them at work or bieng a mommy at home!

Where does the conga line start??

trinity 8 years, 5 months ago

wherever you want it to, red! this is GREAT, i'm glad there's "takers"! i luvs me some fridays!

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

T, I sure notice it now! So much for MY day!!!

I love me some campanille, if you know what I mean...

I'm guessing Hannibal spends his days trying to decide who to have for dinner.

trinity 8 years, 5 months ago

i'm just a bill...on capital hill...happy bill of rights day, national happy friday day, and dear ol' gustav too! :) i loves me some reasons to celebrate (cue kool&the gang now)

heh, what a pic to put on the front page, on a FRIDAY no less! ;)

Grundoon Luna 8 years, 5 months ago

Shake, shake, shake seniora, shake your body line, Shake, shake, shake seniora, shake it all the time. . .

I'm on the intenet most of the day. Most of the programs I use at work are web-based. And I get about 100 e-mails a day, during rush more than that and it's a'comin' FAST.

Happy National Rights to Friday Day!!

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Azure_Attitude - Harry Belafonte? Beetlejuice?

Cool song!

trinity 8 years, 5 months ago

LOVE it, azure! :) you made my day!

well second to the campanille...and now they're talkin' eiffel tower!!! aggghhh stooooop, lol! ;)

yes i_p, proud and erect it stands. sigh what a waste.

redneckwoman 8 years, 5 months ago

Let's see I'm a stay-@-home mom/wife, so after reading LJ in the morning with my coffee (also doing the OMGing & LOLing to start my day) I spend most of my time cleaning, cooking, laundry, keeping up with 3 preschoolers & a preteen, etc....

Kat Christian 8 years, 5 months ago

work, work, work during the week, then work, work, work, on the weekends - cleaning house, laundry, dishes, vacumning, animal care, childcare, and sometimes I get to watch a movie and sit for a while. I even work in my sleep, which is why I don't sleep much. Retirement??? what's that? I doubt that I'll have the pleasure of knowing those days. I will most likely have to work until I drop dead. It's the American way - don't ya know?

jonas 8 years, 5 months ago

Wow, Sue, that video is awesome! I wonder how long it took them to get that down.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Trinity, sounds like your OTS question today should be "Who" and not "What."

You go girl!

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Well, Gootsie, you are the Secretary of Scandal-Inducing Apparel.

Grundoon Luna 8 years, 5 months ago

Oh, yeah, T & G, love the island music, mon. I can't help but do a little booty shakin' and I hum a few bars.

Grundoon Luna 8 years, 5 months ago

"AS" I hum a few bars . . . Damn, damn the typos!!

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Oh, and thanks a lot, Sue. Now I have the OK Go song in my head, and I didn't even hear it when I saw the video this time (I don't have sound at work).

Here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again. Oh, here it goes again.

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

Lot of laughs this am. Sue, I think I could almost persuade myself to exercise if I had the company of those fellows. I already have the treadmill. LOL My day?, oh boy, this time of year, not much doing except shovelling the snow and then collapsing on the sofa with my book or on this infernal machine. I would enjoy that conga line, though. I_P - I have not been to Paris, not seen the tower but have ridden in an outdoor elevator in the city of Lisbon, Portugal. It was built by Gustav Eiffel.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

Trying to read and post on OTS (and sometimes other articles on ljworld.com) and avoid being deleted or disappearededed. All that while attempting to create designs and formats that will shine forth like a lighthouse, presenting information to enlighten the world about the magical, mystical mountain known as the University of Kansas, in the Land of Aaaaaaahhhhhhhssssss.

Lighthouses, hmmm, add them to the list.

juscin3 8 years, 5 months ago

Redneck, I'm there doin the same thing. Only thing different is that I have one teenager and one tweenager. LOL I have deffinately enjoyed the posts today. More humor than usual. I think everyone would agree that is not a problem to have whatsoever!

walks out singing "shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your booty"

juscin3 8 years, 5 months ago

Ok, I just seen the video and I was watching somewhere on tv and that video was voted as the most video's visited.
Weird how they done the treadmill like that, but cool at the same time.

KsGirl 8 years, 5 months ago

Ceallach, Gootsie, Trinity, S_S: I just wanted to point out that my boss just brought in the paper copy of todays paper and the caption above the picture with the campanille says "I just wish it had a little more oomph"

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

KsGirl, do you suppose they do that to taunt us?

KsGirl 8 years, 5 months ago

I'm thinking yes. Of course maybe they thought you would never know...

ohjayhawk 8 years, 5 months ago

There are posters on here ranging from AZ to AB to KS to MI to OH... I think if we really tried, we could set the record for the world's longest conga line!

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Is conga the base word for congregate? Probably not.

KsGirl, the paper copy says that? Obviously there's someone at the LJW with a sense of humor that reads our posts!

Ceallach, you make us very proud with your mountains!

KsGirl 8 years, 5 months ago

Gootsie, yes it was right above the picture. I rarely comment but I couldn't resist when I read it. I thought it would brighten ya'lls day! :)

acg 8 years, 5 months ago

Work. At work or at home, always work. During the day I'm dealing with 1000 construction working men (aka giant babies of differing sizes, colors and ages) and then I go home at night and deal with more babies ( hubby and kids). I get a little time to myself, though. One of these days I'm going to utilize that time to climb into a nice warm tub....and open a vein. :)

budwhysir 8 years, 5 months ago

I spend most of my time trying to defend the political correctness of views in my area. Not to mention the amount of time spent trying to get my hair perfect before going out. You never know who you might meet nowadays with everyone having so much time on their hands

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

acg, it's much more fun to climb into a nice warm tub and open a . . . vino :)

sgtwolverine 8 years, 5 months ago

Now that Pink_Sock has questioned the question, I have to wonder: why does it ask what we "think" we spend most of our days doing? Isn't that the sort of thing we might actually know?

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

However, the fog can be very helpful, providing random thoughts and visions that one could use in creating various designs.

angelofmine 8 years, 5 months ago

Little pink sock....little pink sock! I love Mutts! LOL At least I'm hoping that is the reference you're making. If not, I'm a weirdo. No big change there.

I'm all for the Friday Friday FriDAY conga line....I can't wait for 5:00!!!

I spend most of my day catering to those that couldn't find their head if it weren't attached. Mr. Menefee above will graduate to become one of those people I work for. Law school will do that to you!

sister 8 years, 5 months ago

I spend my days doing random acts of unappreciated kindness.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

RI, you are bad!!! Yes, I'm familiar with the number . . . professionally of course :)

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

RI,

The latter should not feel slighted, instead, the latter should endeavor to make the one thing they are good at, so very good, that in fact they would become irreplacable to the spousal unit. Alas, that works more times than not. Or at least that's what I've heard.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

RI, if said fire extinguisher truly has a soul and desires additional usage then learning to kindle fires would be to its advantage. This might be a case in which natural selection will prevail. The extinguisher that only hangs on the wall waiting for something else to start a fire will eventually get rusty and be discarded for a shiny new model. Whereas an extinguisher with a resourceful soul will create its own job security and thereby be assured of a long life of service.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

RI, say it with me: "Ceal, you are wise and all-knowing and I bow down to your mighty greatness!"

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

sue, you aren't a sunflower... your a peach!!

Long day, hope you all have a great night and enough fire to keep you warm :)