Previous   Next

Are you interested in visiting the new World War I museum in Kansas City?

Asked at the U.S. post office, 645 Vt. on December 11, 2006

Browse the archives

“Yes. It’s always good to learn more about such an important part of history. I think my generation in particular doesn’t fully appreciate the impact it had.”

“Yeah, I probably would. I would definitely like to learn more about it.”

“Yeah, sure, because my dad served overseas in World War I.”

“Yeah. It’s always interesting to find out everything that happened and see what kind of equipment was used to increase our knowledge of it.”

sgtwolverine 8 years, 11 months ago

I'd love to visit it. But could you move it closer to Michigan for me?

sublime 8 years, 11 months ago

I love taking my kids to museums.I'm sure we will make our way out there.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 11 months ago

One yes and three yeahs.

Absolutely yes. But sadly enough, this is the first I've heard of it.

Judging from how many mistakes I made typing this little comment, it's going to be a loooooooooooong day.

trinity 8 years, 11 months ago

me? sure, i'd love to visit such a museum.

but c'mon, when they asked this question, who'd have said "HELL NO"??? i mean gawd, that'd be like telling your gramma no when she tried to give ya a warm chocolate chip cookie! :)

inmate, tsk; what do those administrators THINK, anyway?? i'm sure whatever crimes were committed seemed like a good idea at the time!

sgt, how we doin' on our campaign, lining out a cabinet?? ;)

sunflower_sue 8 years, 11 months ago

"HELL NO!" snicker (not really...that was just for Trinity) :)

Yes! I love museums. But I'm w/ Gootsie here...1st I've heard of it.

RT, Yes, a riverwalk would be great. I worry though that it would take away from our roundabout funding. Maybe we could just put some water around the roundabouts like little moats, and ferry everyone through them???

jonas 8 years, 11 months ago

Awwww, Sue, you beat me to my "clever comment of the day"(tm). Now I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

heysoos 8 years, 11 months ago

So predictable of the LJW staff, asking a question, where else but downtown? With all those hippy-slacker-homeless-student-barista-musician-artist-library supporters, what kind of answers would you expect to a question like this?

jonas 8 years, 11 months ago

O-Bob: Something tells me that rediculousness was probably intentional.

heysoos 8 years, 11 months ago

It was a joke, Howdy! I just thought it was funny that a certain conservative poster was the only one being critical of a museum...

heysoos 8 years, 11 months ago

touches left index finger to nose while pointing at jonas with right index finger

Kontum1972 8 years, 11 months ago

beatrice 8 years, 11 months ago

TOB: that would be the WWI Liberty Memorial by Crown Center/Union Station, the national monument to those Americans killed in the war to end all wars. It is also really, really phallic.

Kontom: The line is, "War, huh -- What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!" Or in this case, at least a memorial and a museum.

And yes, I would love to visit the museum, and think the monument is one of the better in the nation. I especially like the sphinxes.

mom_of_three 8 years, 11 months ago

When the Liberty Memorial had an anniversary or something a couple of years ago, the museum was being built or started, so I have seen parts of it. It's pretty cool.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 11 months ago

Ok Bea. Now Sue and I won't be able to concentrate again since you said the ph word.

trinity 8 years, 11 months ago

ph word??? heh-i musta missed it! dang! ;) ah well no worries, the day is nearly done! :)

Linda Aikins 8 years, 11 months ago

"It is also really, really phallic."

You can still be distracted, Trinity!

sgtwolverine 8 years, 11 months ago

Py, that's actually the first thing that came to mind when I read bea's post. It is indeed a landmark. Or something.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 11 months ago

Py, that was priceless! Thanks for the view. (sorry for the slow typing but I tried to sever my "middle finger" in one of my lovely solid hardwood doors today. It was a bit painful. (Hubby said the noise it made sounded like I ran into the wall.) If you see someone walking around w/ the middle finger all bandaged up, introduce yourself! :$

beatrice 8 years, 11 months ago

Py, my oh my! That one would be hard to top.

Makes me think of the "why women shouldn't take men on vacation" e-mail I received not too long ago. Here are just some of the reasons: