Previous   Next

What do you like most about tailgating?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 20, 2006

Browse the archives

“I think it’s the combination of food, camaraderie and free-flowing alcohol.”

“I like the food. Anything on a hot dog bun. I like bratwurst a lot and even tofu dogs - at least you know what’s in them.”

“Sitting around drinking beer and hanging out with my friends. It’s even fun at a Royals game. We just like to cook out and have fun.”

“The camaraderie before the game and at halftime as well. I like the band music and seeing people I know. We’re all there to watch our team win.”

Related story

Comments

jonas 8 years, 9 months ago

The looks on their faces in their side and rear view mirrors as they frantically try and put distance between us before a minor obstacle causes us to collide! The colorful words they throw my way, too! I guess I must just thrive on hate.

Or wait, are we talking about the BBQ?

Topside 8 years, 9 months ago

Beer, Beer and more beer!...and filling up the flask to smuggle into the game.

southerngirl 8 years, 9 months ago

I think I may be the only person in the world who has never tailgated...

Linda Aikins 8 years, 9 months ago

Jonas, I had to think on that one. Must be early for me!

I'm thinking that it is very difficult to get the animal to stand still while you are closing the gate. I think it would hurt.

OMB, sounds like Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire. How many days until Christmas?

H_Lecter 8 years, 9 months ago

I love it after taking a big bite of meat from the smoker, people ask, "What kind of meat is this?" There are so many cannibals out there.

The saddest part of tailgating is knowing that when they build the new practice facility at KU, tailgating (and parking near the stadium) will be history.

ConservativeMan2006 8 years, 9 months ago

Food, beer and friends! What a great atmosphere on the hill! Can't wait to get started Labor Day weekend. I agree with H_Lecter though- losing my tailgating spot will be sad. We have a great view into the stadium that will be gone in 2007.

Sorry conservativeman! I just created a name about a week ago without really reading previous names. Didn't mean to copy your name. I noticed it the very day I first started posting.

jonas 8 years, 9 months ago

I can't seem to sleep much past 6 anymore. If I had to guess, it's probably due to two of my cats, one of which sits on the stand right by my pillow (and thus, my head) and stares at me, and the other who sits at the foot of the bed and goes "myat. . . . myat. . . . myat!" until I finally get up and give them some food.

ms_canada 8 years, 9 months ago

My daughter hates driving with me as she says I constantly tailgate. But I just tell her it must be the odor of the BBQ and beer that draws me. Or maybe it's the Margueritas'

Sagecasey 8 years, 9 months ago

I am sorry Jonas. I mean "Rellom Nairb"